Jared’s gym journey

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
320lbs down and up but 325lbs was a a utter failure right from takeoff
3daa1ca0e7597ba88e5e91f036350259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your program call for max effort singles or are you continuing to exercise your ego? Or both?

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Does your program call for max effort singles or are you continuing to exercise your ego? Or both?

It was actually because I was told my squat wasn’t deep enough. So I figure I’d double check it . And if I go to that comp in the spring I needed to know if I could actually get low enough to get a competition worthy 315. And 315 went really well. So I figured since the last time I was stupor and just jumped from 315 to 335 I’d try but not such a big jump .

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
It was actually because I was told my squat wasn’t deep enough. So I figure I’d double check it . And if I go to that comp in the spring I needed to know if I could actually get low enough to get a competition worthy 315. And 315 went really well. So I figured since the last time I was stupor and just jumped from 315 to 335 I’d try but not such a big jump .

You can practice your depth with a weight you can move. 225 and 315 is no different (you could even use 135).

It’s actually better to get the feeling (depth) on a manageable weight.

You don’t learn form with weights you can only rep once.

The sooner you learn to ignore your ego, the sooner you’ll be bigger and stronger.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
You can practice your depth with a weight you can move. 225 and 315 is no different (you could even use 135).

It’s actually better to get the feeling (depth) on a manageable weight.

You don’t learn form with weights you can only rep once.

The sooner you learn to ignore your ego, the sooner you’ll be bigger and stronger.

The ego is part of the reason why I didn’t do the second term of the peaking program. Too much rushing so I’m on a hybrid program now that actually takes a lot out out of me . But at least I had a spotter even if it failed. See the new program is a mixture of bodybuilding and powerlifting. But I’m not ready for back to back weeks. And figured if I was to do a heavy off week I could lean my self into the 6 day back to back .

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
I want to say today but it will be yesterday by the time this is typed , I did some simple benchpress work . Got 40 reps in with 155lb I guess I have next weeks 3 sets on 9 down packed . But it will be fun 3 x9 of squats 230lbs , 3x9 bench of 155lbs ,3x9 deadlifts of 280lbs all on one day . Man not much room for an “ego” lift after that .the biggest thing about the program is almost everyday is leg day . It focuses heavy on squats and deadlifts on multiple days . Only only day it doesn’t call for squats or deadlifts is on Tuesday and it all upper body dumbbell work . And that makes me want to vomit. It’s just so challenging those stupid dumbbells . But it will make me a better lifter if I push my self a little. But not like failing squats challenging. Man I hope I don’t feel that again for a while. Ouch

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Keep up the good work bud! I am impressed with how hard you are working. Just don't burn yourself out. It is good to have weeks with light weights and high reps and little rest, and weeks where you are focusing on low reps and high weights with plenty of rest. Save the 1 rep maxes for competition.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Keep up the good work bud! I am impressed with how hard you are working. Just don't burn yourself out. It is good to have weeks with light weights and high reps and little rest, and weeks where you are focusing on low reps and high weights with plenty of rest. Save the 1 rep maxes for competition.

This week I’ve only done one exercise when I went . Because I agree it’s easy to burn yourself out and yes I will try to leAve the the 1 max for comp

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Today I figured I go to see how many reps I could get with 205lb and with smaller sets I got 13 reps in . Not bad when I was only expected to be able to get 5 . When for the 14th and it was o shit bail lol then I put my weight away and left . It’s a down week so I was only in 3 days this week for one exercise a day

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
I have been questioning my 225lbs bench thinking it might have been assisted by the spotter . But I got a good clean 225lbs. I thought I’d try more but didn’t feel safe enough on the flat bench so I headed to the new smith machine for safety reasons. Being in a empty gym I managed to get up to two reps with 255lbs . 260lbs was a fail . Now I know that doesn’t mean I can go to the flat bench and press 255lbs . But it’s a start to the process. Now the 20 more pounds till I reach my goal

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Today’s workout went better than thought. 3 sets of 9 with 230lbs for squats , 3 sets of 9 with 165lbs for bench . I did one set squat then over to the bench and back to squats and so on . Man that was like running a marathon. But My knee is still somewhat sore from falling last week so I skipped deadlifts. I’ll probably throw them in tomorrow since it’s all upper body otherwise. But just looking at the schedule makes me feel sick lol. Dumbbell work is the worst but I have the feeling it will be what drives my bench up .

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I have been questioning my 225lbs bench thinking it might have been assisted by the spotter . But I got a good clean 225lbs. I thought I’d try more but didn’t feel safe enough on the flat bench so I headed to the new smith machine for safety reasons. Being in a empty gym I managed to get up to two reps with 255lbs . 260lbs was a fail . Now I know that doesn’t mean I can go to the flat bench and press 255lbs . But it’s a start to the process. Now the 20 more pounds till I reach my goal

I enjoy beating dead horses the same as everyone else but.....

Put your ego aside and work your muscles. Testing your 1RM does nothing but open you up to injury.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
I enjoy beating dead horses the same as everyone else but.....

Put your ego aside and work your muscles. Testing your 1RM does nothing but open you up to injury.

In order for the program to work properly you need your max numbers to be correct. Otherwise you will end up hurting yourself. The program calls for 1rpm . So if it is not correct the program is not going to work

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic