Threads
Members
Latest Member
What's New?

Jared’s gym journey

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Normally I would agree . I actually really like that site but it claims I should be benching 280lbs . I don’t know I think a big part of it is a mental thing. And you know I’m glad there are people like you on this forum to keep me on track . Sometimes my ego does get the best of and if you ever mention it , I know it’s for my safety so thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jin

Jin

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2018
Normally I would agree . I actually really like that site but it claims I should be benching 280lbs . I don’t know I think a big part of it is a mental thing. And you know I’m glad there are people like you on this forum to keep me on track . Sometimes my ego does get the best of and if you ever mention it , I know it’s for my safety so thanks

Use the calculator. Input your real life 5 rep max. Estimate your 1RM and use 90% of that for your(1RM) workout numbers.

Using too high a number is way worse than using too low a number: physically and mentally.

At this stage in the game you do not need to be too precise.

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Use the calculator. Input your real life 5 rep max. Estimate your 1RM and use 90% of that for your(1RM) workout numbers.

Using too high a number is way worse than using too low a number: physically and mentally.

At this stage in the game you do not need to be too precise.
Ok . I’ll probably just stick with the 225lbs . At least is something I know what I am doing. But I might try some block press on my off weeks . I do one hard week then a down week. This is a hard week. But I still have to listen to my body. Like today it called for Romanian deadlifts and I picked up the bar and I felt it in my knee from when I fell last week. So I dropped it and was like “nope not worth it” I got my squats , bench , standing calf raises, hip adductor and hip abductors done . I’m sure it won’t hurt if I left the deadlifts not finished. I learned from the past. You knees can give you lots of grief so and it’s not fun. I was gone for 8 years because of it . So when it starts to hurt I simply pack up and go home .

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
More isn’t always better.

Enjoy your off week. You don’t grow in the gym. You grow while you eat/rest.
Food ain’t a problem . I love to eat and love naps . Well being epileptic I do a fare bit of sleep

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
Today was a good day . Start of an off week. My knee hasn’t been sore since Thursday. I got a couple lower sets on the bench with 210lbs 13 reps total

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
I went to the hospital today because my shoulder has been bothering me a little so I figured I’d get it looked at. Thankfully the doctor said there’s no problem with the shoulder it’s just a sore muscle. But I didn’t feel like risking it . My friend blew his shoulder out with a 450 pound benchpress . And I wasn’t gonna take that chance. At least it’s a down week. So if I feel like going to the gym it will be lower body

Jared macneill

Jared macneill

Nov 9, 2019
It’s weird my trainer got me to try 405lbs on deadlifts Yesterday and I got it but I wasn’t over satisfied. I didn’t feel like there was much of a challenge there I guess 405lbs was more of a mental breakthrough over a physical. I was really looking for more of a challenge. So what now continue the program and go for the big 500lbs . But like has my mindset really changed that much in the last month or so ?

Jin

Jin

VIP Member
Jun 15, 2018
It’s weird my trainer got me to try 405lbs on deadlifts Yesterday and I got it but I wasn’t over satisfied. I didn’t feel like there was much of a challenge there I guess 405lbs was more of a mental breakthrough over a physical. I was really looking for more of a challenge. So what now continue the program and go for the big 500lbs . But like has my mindset really changed that much in the last month or so ?

4 plates is respectable weight. Good work!