What's New?

Beedeezy's road to the first meet...

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Day 4.
DL-5x5 @ 315lbs
Bench-5x5 @ 185
DL pause at knees-1x5 @ 315 My hands were screaming during each and every set from here on. Guess my wife is wrong when she says my hands are too rough.
Drop-4x5 @ 315

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Solid day man. Grip strength used to be a very limiting factor for me. Im sure others can give better ideas but i used to grab the heaviest db's and do timed sets just holding them at my side.

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Solid day man. Grip strength used to be a very limiting factor for me. Im sure others can give better ideas but i used to grab the heaviest db's and do timed sets just holding them at my side.
Grip was there, my issue was this. I did 25 working reps then benched, which gave the palm a break. When I went back to pulling it was burning my hands because the knurling is pretty aggressive on our DL bar.
The weight was one thing but I was just happy to let go of the bar after each set.
God, I'm such a pussy lol!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Haha Im guessing your deadlift bar is pretty new. Same shit happens with me on our texas deadlift bar its less than a year old and the knurling is still pretty gnarly. Anyways good work bro, seems like you could've gone heavier on the 5x5 deads, since you used the same weight for the paused and fatigue drop.

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Haha Im guessing your deadlift bar is pretty new. Same shit happens with me on our texas deadlift bar its less than a year old and the knurling is still pretty gnarly. Anyways good work bro, seems like you could've gone heavier on the 5x5 deads, since you used the same weight for the paused and fatigue drop.
No, I was fatigued from the gym, cutting trees down, and mowing the lawn. Drop was 275... Still can't edit on my phone and I'm not getting up to grab the computer. Maybe it's a time thing, I just edited this post but can't edit the log post.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
No, I was fatigued from the gym, cutting trees down, and mowing the lawn. Drop was 275... Still can't edit on my phone and I'm not getting up to grab the computer. Maybe it's a time thing, I just edited this post but can't edit the log post.

I hear that man. Still had a solid training sesh despite the fatigue. Way to push through.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
solid work Beedeezy...nail down a weight class yet?

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Week 2 accessory work
Medium grip seated row- 5x10 @120lbs
Narrow grip bench- 3x10 @135lbs, started feeling the chest get too involved so finished with Tricep press downs 2x10 @75lbs
Hamstring curl- 5x10 @130lbs
E-Z bar curl- 3x10 @70lbs
Felt good overall, hoping the tricep work helps my bench. Of all my main lifts bench has been the slowest moving thus far.

Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara

Jun 14, 2016
Good stuff so far. You guys that have hip mobility issues/hitting depth on squat issues I'd highly recommend Joe Defranco's Limber 11 routine. It's worked very well for me.

Reactions: 5.0
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic