Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Beedeezy's road to the first meet...

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
I will be training for my first meet under PoB's programming and guidance. This will be my log leading to that day, my goal for this is to update it each day I train, instead of once a week like I attempt with the last log.

I'm bringing a new kind of nasty and intensity for myself to this training cycle. I have set the expectations high for myself. Was originally going to try and stay in the 90-100kg range but decided I would just grow to what I will. Weight class will be picked somewhere down the line and I'm going to attempt to skip a weight cut with it being my first meet.

Enjoy... or not I don't really care!

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Wave 1, Week 1
I tested maxes recently and have not been in the gym for close to two weeks. I'm so fukking excited to back lifting again.

DL-12x2 @ 315LB. Wanted to try sumo for this training cycle (Ecks says he loves eating butt so was worth a try) Did first two sets sumo then switched back to conventional for the remaining 10 sets I completed.
Double pause bench- 4x5 @ 185LB. The last set was out of reach :/
Pause at knee DL- 1x5 @ 335LB was so gassed going into this.
Drop- 3x5 @ 300LB

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Why the switch back to conventional after 2 sets?

It looks like you wrote 12x2 and not 15x2...Either POB is torturing the rest of us with those extra 3 sets, or he likes you and wants to make sure you survive lol

The paused deadlifts at the end are always brutal, good work bro, best of luck on this road to your first meet.. Will be subbing to your log

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
Was supposed to do 15x2 hit RPE early and couldn't get the others.
Don't tell him...

silvereyes87

silvereyes87

MuscleHead
May 28, 2016
Pillar sees all. Good shit bee. I'm in

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Subbed... i enjoy watching othere suffer as well ;) Drop weight and hit the sets, looking forward to following

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Because it needs improvement and I needed to get work done.

Gotcha. Maybe switching to sumo this close to a meet isn't a great idea bro. Wait till after your meet to make the transition over to eating butt.

What are your current numbers, and what are your goals?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe switching to sumo this close to a meet isn't a great idea bro. Wait till after your meet to make the transition over to eating butt.
Agreed.

You only lift one way at the meet. Make every working set rep the same way until after your meet. I wouldn't even switch back and forth during warm-ups (but if you have too, I'd make the last couple warm-up sets the way you plan on pulling at the meet).

good luck, and I'm subbed into your journal

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
He actually might have very good leverage for sumo. So we will put a little work into the technique and see what happens. We have time. Sorta.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
He actually might have very good leverage for sumo. So we will put a little work into the technique and see what happens. We have time. Sorta.

I realized his meet isn't until the end of the year. For some reason I was thinking it was in August, this roughly how far out I was when I made the switch last year, so there may be time.

Beedeezy

Beedeezy

Feb 18, 2015
What are your current numbers, and what are your goals?
S-350 B-215x3 D-365x3
I tested my maxes and it's was a shit show. Those are the best lifts to date.
Goal, at this point I'm not even putting a number on it.
Real goal is to not let lack of effort be a reason for anything. If I don't succeed it won't be because I didn't put the work in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic