Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Weed

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
So I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on marijuana use and building muscle. I like to get high but sometimes I avoid it because it can make me experience anxiety which I assume increases cortisol. To my knowledge we know that's not good for building muscle when your not actively tearing tissue during training for example.
Also it's an anti inflammatory so I avoid useing around training. Usually wait 2hrs post before getting high.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
It just kills motivation and it’s harder to push past your threshold to achieve maximal gains imho

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
For me it’s a must have. It keeps me from going insane, increases appetite, helps w sleep. I do t think it helps or hinders building muscle. I think it depends on the person and how they handle it or how it effects there output.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Stuff fucks me up way too much. I hate that sensation of losing my stream of consciousness every few seconds. I imagine it's like having Alzheimer's. Not pleasant for me.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I smoke a fair amount of cannabis. Paranoia is strain-based. Some strains I get very very paranoid and other strains I feel nothing but just chill.

Can't say if it raises cortisol levels but if it's creating anxiety and stress then more than likely I guess it could.

My only problem with cannabis is it makes me hungry as hell. And I don't always make the best decisions so I've really got to keep that in check

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I take a "Go" Edible at 5am every morning before I leave for the gym. It's like a weed pre-workout. Makes for great early am training.

Back in the day I used to take a few hits off the joint before going into the gym and squatting 600+. I've also done a shot of jack, hit some nose tork and deadlifted 655 - @Yaya has seen the vid :cool:

I love me some weed. If I sacrificed a couple lbs of muscle over the years to enjoy the devil's lettuce - so be it. You have to live a little.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I take a "Go" Edible at 5am every morning before I leave for the gym. It's like a weed pre-workout. Makes for great early am training.

Back in the day I used to take a few hits off the joint before going into the gym and squatting 600+. I've also done a shot of jack, hit some nose tork and deadlifted 655 - @Yaya has seen the vid :cool:

I love me some weed. If I sacrificed a couple lbs of muscle over the years to enjoy the devil's lettuce - so be it. You have to live a little.
Haha oh for sure! You need to enjoy things you like. I used to train high to but these days I can't afford to sacrifice gains. Gotta milk every but of opportunity if I want to compete. How I feel right now anyway. I know some people say weed use doesn't matter especially if your enhanced but others say it does.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
For me it’s a must have. It keeps me from going insane, increases appetite, helps w sleep. I do t think it helps or hinders building muscle. I think it depends on the person and how they handle it or how it effects there output.
Yes must have as well........same story....keeps me from killing everyone and helps w regulating eating/sleep/balances chakras/increases libido.

I am using the live resin vapes and don't need to smoke it anymore.,.....eating it is the best for your health but like the lung expansion a good hit gives you :cool:

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Been using it for 35yrs recreationally and pre-workout with really good results. It does give me anxiety occassionally (raises my pulse 10-15bpm) but I know now that if I'm feeling anxious about something I just don't smoke.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I consume cannabis daily.
Have required a 2.5m bond for a commercial grow warehouse I sponsored
I grow regularly now
Acquired medical card over 17 years ago

What is it that you're trying to actually gain? I would tweak your consumption based on TAC and terps - happy to explain more depending on when you're training, consuming, hydration levels, etc

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic