Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Trip's Abyss

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Thanks Trip. That pic is old and in good lighting so not quite what I’m looking like these days. Lol. Wish I had something for you for the forearms. I’m sure @genetic freak will. Sometimes the soreness hits two days after instead of day after. Not sure why that happens. Wonder if that’s what will happen to you?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Glad you are back at it Trip.

FYI. I never let soreness be a guide for stimulation. Nearly everyone has body parts that do not get sore and some that get sore by basically do nothing. My hamstrings never get sore. I can hammer them to the point it is ridiculous. They will cramp and spasm, but never get sore. Now my quads get sore with very little stimulation.

You likely already know this, but pump comes from water, salt and carbs. Without all three, no pump. Too much and the pump is unbearable. My high carb days are on training days and I train in the morning before I get too many carbs in me. I always have a day off after high carb day, because there is no way I can get a good training session in after I just pushed 700 grams of carbs in.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
lol

Lil more sore today, for me usually day 2-3 after a layoff, and usually semi sore to oh, not so much right now.

Well, stretching, oh yuck yuck yuck, not doing it showed was tight tight tight, usually fairly limber.

Core, weird, weird weird......crunches, which normally i can bang em out and at high reps, oh no no no, lol, also had difficulty really feeling it, oh well.....

Weird, total silver lining, after i had my surgery for hernia doc said i'd get it all back in2-3 months, well it was very disheartening, my leg lifts were bad and very very weak in comparison, and this went on and on.......now I am 2 years past it, and after stinky sit ups i was like no way dont even do em, they will be defeating, after a bit figured, well just see where they are at, oh shit, they were there there there right from the get go like almost lost nohting, i didn't push it yet did several sets of good gusto, and plus could really feel em, a Silver Lining for Sure.

Balance, well, with neurotpathy it's wacky yet goal is to improve, seemed to be a lil better than past, hopefully a result of working out calves.

I think one of the issues is lost a lil in lower back and over all back size, noticeable to me.
Excited to get it back and improve.

See how tomorrow is........a shoulder, trap and calve day.

Later Gators

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yesterday

Did Cardio, hmmmmmmm, guessing lifting effected intensity, it was down and hard to get up

Soreness, calves only everything else fine

Today

Shoulders, Calves, Traps

strength fine and dandy, took a bit to warm up calves yet as time went on could have done more, same with traps

Guessing I gotta get a log notebook now, I tend to lose number of sets I am doing

Tomorrow, some stretching and core, for suh

So far so good, glad on board, keeps me accountable, and sets up some good habits

Good Daisy's To All

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yesterday, did my stretching, core work and balance work.

Stretching, still not as limber as before yet able to push it without killing myself, my hammies seem to be th worst, yet coming in.

Core, crunches which i could do a million of, still rough, was better and able to up reps by 50% yet not as many sets as desired.

Since the neuropathy, and going way back always tried to work on balance as you know it is an old age thing and thus my hope is to maintain or get better......was actually a good day and able to push it, only issue is my legs are off balance, right side is good side left is just a mess, and is hard to get better.

Well well well, interesting development.

Worked my maid job yesterday and I was zip zip zip, lotsa zip and energy.....first time in a long time mental aquity, mindset was better.

Got home took my meds, and 8 pm noticed, probably for first time in forever besides lil tingling in fingers my neuroathy was below my kneecaps quite a bit and my feet while not devoid were alot better.

Thus it got me thinking if I messed up.

Now the reminder is I have had 5 surgeries on my midsection over 3 years.

4 for my colon issues, and 1 for a hernia, the last one.

So, every time had my colong surgery from the same doc got the same speech, watch out for surgery.

As it turns out ended up meeting the medical products guy who supplied stuff to my surgeon, and he had been in many surgeries, he told me what they do is Seperate the Adbomen muscles with gadgets to get at colon and thus that is why the caution of hernia.

I ended up getting my hernia doing a moving job.

Hernia surgeon was a different guy who knew my surgeon and history and he was like I would get it all back in 2-3 months.

Obviously I didn't and was quite shocked, while it was normal for me to do leg lifts for 40-60 seconds for multiple sets, 3 months later doing both legs for 5-10 seconds was a major red flag something felt really wrong, and thus I guess I ended up trending less and less from lifting and more towards cardio.

And then came my October 2022 of massive neuropathy attack, traveling up quads tingling in arms, which honestly totally freaked me out.

Now this happened on light dosage of meds because the meds are pain killers and depression pills.

Well the only way to combat it without goin mentally nuts, was to takes all fulls dosages 3 times a day.

At that point I did , and while things were better still had some up and down days with this fall seeming like it got worse.

During whole time kept up with cardio.

I had told myself to lift more last 7 months and just couldn't get up the ooomph, first time in my lifting life of 47 years.

Well febuary was Hell or High Water Time and since one of my favorite quotes is:

Habit is a Cable We Weave a Thread of it Every Day Until it becomes Unbreakable

My old habit was:

Wake up, coffee, mirror and scale check, write out days plan, which aligns with weekly and monthly, ie goals.

Workout, log workout, and had been paper whole life and moved to board in 2011.

Then on with the day.

We are closer.

FWIW, been hungry hungry hungry, ate more in last two days then awhile.

So 6 days workouts, today day off, had to force myself, because had enough pepe wanted to do cardio..

Tomorrow, bi's tri's back attack.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Well...lol...appropriately titled....ABYSS

Update for new readers....most ex WCBB'rs know this stuff

Been Fighting Stage 4 Colon Cancer for 4 years....

Good news, after 5 surgeries and 1 year of chemo and 2 years of immunotherapy, I am in remission....I think to get the official "cured card", I got July 2026 to go.

Now, my goal is to be one of the longest lasting survivors of the disease in history, which last checked right around 20 years, woot woot, imagine this will go up with immunotherapy treatments.

Last six months have been hell to say the least, Neuropathy Hell, all over the body......right now it's I guess in the learning phase of how to deal with long term....total fuckn hell....worst in the whole ordeal of dealing with it.....shyte's extremely stressfull all the time.

Again, good stuff, haven't stopped working out, yet, progress has been total crap....diet ehhhhhh extremely up n down....

I will get into more late, all questions are fine, issa open book for most part.

LIFT, lift, lift is on the books......I fell back on old cardio habits during last 7 months and it now must stop....

All kindsa stuff ahead.
Well I just started reading this journal and I gotta say, it's pretty damn good. I just wanted to say congratulations on the colon cancer. My brother died of stage 4 colon cancer when he was only 50. So congrats man, I mean that.

And I'm sorry if this has been asked here already, but wasn't WCBB Basskiller's forum? Or am I confusing it with something else?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Brother Trip, glad to see you on here. You never cease to amaze me with what you have been through.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thanks The Clap

Well not down and out, just down, lol....

Lifted for 2 weeks, loved it and then kind of crashed with energy.

Diet protein just sucked balls.

I gotta adress it and know up next is the dreaded Egg....lol....ate so many in life about 5 years ago got tired of them, still ate them just not consistently.....greatest protein etc etc

Working maid gig today so no workout, did cardio last few days, legs look great.

Attitude better, energy at times lags, today feels good.

Kinda pissed at me due to consistency in progress.

Missing log hurts me bad, gotta start here.

I will get it just that f n whole dug sucks.....

The reality check is since started again things better just so far from best.

Protein, lifting, stretching, progress than really gotta adress HRT, kinda silly got the parts, just when to start?

Later Gators

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Friday.....weird day

Thursday could not go to sleep up all night, had so much energy, staid up, drank coffee figured, work out then eat versus day off, as you can guess. things just went a lil left. Stopped the stupidness, took the day off, big appetite again, and missed my meds....

Did fall asleep around ten pm, woke up at 4 am which is more of my routine, decided to post as sipped cups of joe.

Going to hit cardio in half hour, legs looked great yesterday, good today.

Getting Closer

Enjoying the board more.

Go Ukraine

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Trip you are doing well brother, just keep going. With everything you have been through, I can imagine getting back into the swing of things is hard.

As far as the protein goes, Egg Beaters, Liquid Egg Whites and Non-fat Greek Yogurt can be added to A LOT of things to enhance flavor and nutritional value. Oats, fruit (preferably banana), a scoop of protein powder and some Egg Beaters blended up make a great pre-workout meal. Drink it or make pancakes with it. Non-fat Greek Yogurt and fruit with some Kashi Go Lean protein cereal is a good post workout meal. Both meals are tasty, and give you a really good balance of protein, carbs and a little fat.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thamks GF, slow going for now, yet back on right track. Planning and logging diligently is the start.

Thanks for the info, my diet is fairly routine, I can eat same stuff forever...protein powders for last 15 years throw me into a depression mode. Standard egg for me works well, and I can eat em for long periods it is just that first jump. When eggs jumped to 6 bucks for 18, was a shock, and drifted towards processed crap. IMHO handling meds for the neuropathy is really the key and mostly mental at this point, to STICK on a plan.

Energy balance, day, week, ups and downs just got to ride threw them.

Saturday, zero energy, cardio was so weak, had zero push or zip, yet, went for a longer for at it, so happy for it.

Today, energy really high, rpm's on my cycle were way way and zipped threw it.

Focusing on tomorrow, weight day, stretching, and balance time, hopefully zip is good.

Go Sharone Stone, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic