Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Toxic pesticide advised as weight loss supplement kills bodybuilder

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
I think most people have no clue what happened to this lady and just take article at face value. How many us know a single human being whose death was attributed to DNP? DNP should be taken with precaution but the outlandish bullshit stories I hear with no Doctor who did an autopsy saying this person dies from use of DNP and DNP only. From the studies I have read, conversations i have had show that a person taking 1000mg (hard to do unless you are dumb in which case Darwins theory would have you killed some how some way and soon) would be a lethal dose. I personally know someone who is incredibly smart and versed in DNP who took 1000mg's and I think he is stupid too, but he is alive and well. Depends on the person. Here are some studies about the benefit nobody will tell you about (well very few people):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16754295?dopt=abstractplus
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

If anyone is truly interested and not already brainwashed on DNP and a few studies I can dig them up. I gotta find some of the most epic thread on DNP it would blow people's minds just how ignorant they are about DNP.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I think most people have no clue what happened to this lady and just take article at face value. How many us know a single human being whose death was attributed to DNP? DNP should be taken with precaution but the outlandish bullshit stories I hear with no Doctor who did an autopsy saying this person dies from use of DNP and DNP only. From the studies I have read, conversations i have had show that a person taking 1000mg (hard to do unless you are dumb in which case Darwins theory would have you killed some how some way and soon) would be a lethal dose. I personally know someone who is incredibly smart and versed in DNP who took 1000mg's and I think he is stupid too, but he is alive and well. Depends on the person. Here are some studies about the benefit nobody will tell you about (well very few people):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16754295?dopt=abstractplus
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

If anyone is truly interested and not already brainwashed on DNP and a few studies I can dig them up. I gotta find some of the most epic thread on DNP it would blow people's minds just how ignorant they are about DNP.

Look it really doesn't matter what you post about this poison because there are NO benefits to using this crap that are not otherwise readily available thru much safer means and without all the adverse effects. Those include glycogen depletion, protein catabolism, marked dehydration and aberrant thermoregulation to name a few.

All of that RISK for what, a 4-6 pound weight loss, the overwhelming majority being water, which will return a few days later. Even the suggestion this junk is a viable weight loss alternative underestimates it's potential for serious consequences including death because it's therapeutic window is so damn narrow.

Finally rest assured because this presumably healthy 25 yo OBVIOUSLY did not die of "natural causes" an autopsy most certainly would have been competed. I will agree however whether DNP or something else was the proximate causes of his demise remains uncertain.

However if there is any legitimacy to reports the "suppliers" are being formally charged with MANSLAUGHTER, then DNP proximate causation seems much more likely, IMO.

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Another thing that's not common but common enough I know another member here has had the same issue.
I am allergic to it. However you don't know until you come off. I had serious hives from it .
I'm with you dlth this shit is not worth taking.
Each to thier own but if I would have know how it was going to feel coming off I would of never touched it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I used to get hives on my forearms the first week or so and I would take some Benadryl to get rid of it. My last run, no issues and I forget to take the Benadryl.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Mine was a very bad reaction. I could barely stand to have clothes on .

C

CBS

Jan 7, 2014
Vet Hum Toxicol. 2004 Oct;46(5):251-4.
Dying to be thin: a dinitrophenol related fatality.
Dying to be thin: a dinitrophenol related fa... [Vet Hum Toxicol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI
McFee RB, Caraccio TR, McGuigan MA, Reynolds SA, Bellanger P.

Abstract

2, 4-dinitrophenol (DNP) was originally used as an explosive and later introduced in the 1930's to stimulate metabolism and promote weight loss. It's also a component of pesticides still available globally. Concerns about hyperpyrexia lead to DNP being banned as a dietary aid in 1938. A 22-y-old male presented to the Emergency Department (ED) with a change in mental status 16 h after his last dose of DNP. On admission he was diaphoretic and febrile with an oral temperature of 102 F, but lucid and cooperative. He became agitated and delirious. Intravenous midazolam was initiated with mechanical cooling. Pancuronium was administered later and the patient was intubated. Over the next hour the patient became bradycardic, then asystolic, and despite resuscitative efforts, died. Advertisements claim DNP safe at the dose our patient ingested. It is widely available and with the potential to cause severe toxicity is an understudied public health concern.

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
Vet Hum Toxicol. 2004 Oct;46(5):251-4.
Dying to be thin: a dinitrophenol related fatality. Dying to be thin: a dinitrophenol related fa... [Vet Hum Toxicol. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI
McFee RB, Caraccio TR, McGuigan MA, Reynolds SA, Bellanger P.

Abstract

2, 4-dinitrophenol (DNP) was originally used as an explosive and later introduced in the 1930's to stimulate metabolism and promote weight loss. It's also a component of pesticides still available globally. Concerns about hyperpyrexia lead to DNP being banned as a dietary aid in 1938. A 22-y-old male presented to the Emergency Department (ED) with a change in mental status 16 h after his last dose of DNP. On admission he was diaphoretic and febrile with an oral temperature of 102 F, but lucid and cooperative. He became agitated and delirious. Intravenous midazolam was initiated with mechanical cooling. Pancuronium was administered later and the patient was intubated. Over the next hour the patient became bradycardic, then asystolic, and despite resuscitative efforts, died. Advertisements claim DNP safe at the dose our patient ingested. It is widely available and with the potential to cause severe toxicity is an understudied public health concern.

Do you know how much he took? I have heard of people dying from overdosing and mixing many drugs. What did the "advertising claim?? who made the claim? I have used DNP 4-5 times with shitty results and no real noticeable fat loss. I wouldn't advise anyone to use it because there are far better ways to lose fat.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Do you know how much he took? I have heard of people dying from overdosing and mixing many drugs. What did the "advertising claim?? who made the claim? I have used DNP 4-5 times with shitty results and no real noticeable fat loss. I wouldn't advise anyone to use it because there are far better ways to lose fat.

===========================================================================
Shit in 1938 the methods of quantifying any drug was rather crude thru the use of a monopod scale adding "weight" in drams yep drams as to one side to "balance" the other.

But IMO it really doesn't matter because while a particular dose of DNP may be "safe" for one individual it can make another quite ill. Now that's called a narrow therapeutic index and consequently contemporary guidelines would have prevented DNP HUMAN consumption if it was introduced into the marketplace today.

FACT is people would laugh at anyone trying to acquire approval for such a toxic drug, unless the disease being treated was terminal and/or resulted in severe morbidity with or without existing therapy.

best'
jim

Last edited:
Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
===========================================================================
Shit in 1938 the methods of quantifying any drug was rather crude thru the use of a monopod scale adding "weight" in drams yep drams as to one side to "balance" the other.

But IMO. it doesn't matter because while a particular dose may be "safe" for one individual it can make another quite ill. Now that's called a narrow therapeutic index and consequently contemporary guidelines would have circumvented DNP HUMAN consumption.

best'
jim

A particular dose may be safer yes...do you know how much he took? I never went above 500mg and used a few different protocols and didn't get much out of it at all. I won't take it again, I was too lethargic and frankly the stuff did NOTHING for me. I do know people who get great results from it and tolerate it much better. I prefer cardio a cleaner diet and occasionally some Clen (dangerous stuff) t/3 t/4. I also like an ECAY stack. Truthfully, none of this shit does much for me unless I am doing cardio and a lot of it. It's why I don't advise any "fat burners" until a person has a diet and cardio program down, that's just me, I know others who seem to have it much easier.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
A particular dose may be safer yes...do you know how much he took? I never went above 500mg and used a few different protocols and didn't get much out of it at all. I won't take it again, I was too lethargic and frankly the stuff did NOTHING for me. I do know people who get great results from it and tolerate it much better. I prefer cardio a cleaner diet and occasionally some Clen (dangerous stuff) t/3 t/4. I also like an ECAY stack. Truthfully, none of this shit does much for me unless I am doing cardio and a lot of it. It's why I don't advise any "fat burners" until a person has a diet and cardio program down, that's just me, I know others who seem to have it much easier.

My point is quite simple really.

Considering the outlandish risk benefit ratio the use of DNP should be discouraged period.

This is particularly true of open forums because there are MANY noobs, neophytes and novices lurking about who will give anything a try with even a remote possibility of "gains".

Yep you know the type, fearless but foolish, bright but bewildered and in desperate search of a mentor that matters.

Lets try to be a mentor that matters for these fellas.

regards
jim

Hittin

Hittin

VIP Member
Jan 24, 2012
My point is quite simple really.

Considering the outlandish risk benefit ratio the use of DNP should be discouraged period.

This is particularly true of open forums because there are MANY noobs, neophytes and novices lurking about who will give anything a try with even a remote possibility of "gains".

Yep you know the type, fearless but foolish, bright but bewildered and in desperate search of a mentor that matters.

Lets try to be a mentor that matters for these fellas.

regards
jim

Very noble we all should look out for the younger guys. I also recognize there are grown adults in this thread and board as well. You didn't answer my question. Your point is simple, very simple, well done.

Do you know much he took? I am a mentor and father of 3. This is an open discussion and you are free to make up what ever benefit ratio you need to ensure you don't take it you are free to post how horrible it is too. If you aren't interested in advancing the topic that's fine but the bottom line is we are in the anabolic zone not the "fearless but foolish, bright but bewildered" zone stifling mature and informative discussion doesn't mentor anyone. Has anyone recommended DNP for any reason yet?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Very noble we all should look out for the younger guys. I also recognize there are grown adults in this thread and board as well. You didn't answer my question. Your point is simple, very simple, well done.

Do you know much he took? I am a mentor and father of 3. This is an open discussion and you are free to make up what ever benefit ratio you need to ensure you don't take it you are free to post how horrible it is too. If you aren't interested in advancing the topic that's fine but the bottom line is we are in the anabolic zone not the "fearless but foolish, bright but bewildered" zone stifling mature and informative discussion doesn't mentor anyone. Has anyone recommended DNP for any reason yet?

===================================================================

Answer NO, but a complete autopsy and toxicological assay would, if the case has any merit legally.

Regs
jim

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic