Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Overtraining or myth?

T

tattoorocket

Dec 31, 2012
IV been following someone called CT Fletcher for a good while some may of heard of him some not but he always insists that he trained arms EVERYDAY for nearly 2 years effective or not helping at all? Bearing in mind he has 22" arms! He's not the only one that trains one body part more then twice a week.....controversial topic.....opinions?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
If you're geneticaly gifted or using plenty of gear then go ahead, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I would assume his arm size has more to do with his powerlifting and 225lb strict curls and genetics. I've never seen his actual program though. I think most people with a particularly good body part has it because of genetics. I have huge calves and never train them, if I squat they grow if I leg press they grow if I deadlift they grow, no matter what I do they grow. I trained them once when I was younger and really killed them several times a week and they got cartoon big. People always ask me what I do but there's nothing I can tell them. My dad has the biggest calves you've ever seen on someone his size and he hasn't lifted a weight since college. I simply can't overtrain my calves but that doesn't mean following me would net you any results.

Do you have a copy or sample of his program?

T

tattoorocket

Dec 31, 2012
I did have a while ago it consisted of alot of curls at high weight/negatives every set was till failure was rare he did "reps"

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Overtraining is VERY real and is due to CNS fatigue.

Now, I'm not referring to BBers and their training. Their training methods do very little to strain the CNS. I'm referring to SM, PLer, Oly lifters, and other strength athletes.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013

Now, I'm not referring to BBers and their training. Their training methods do very little to strain the CNS. I'm referring to SM, PLer, Oly lifters, and other strength athletes.

Absolutely BI, I've done that before trying to set a PR or something and then my CNS was shot for a week.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I did have a while ago it consisted of alot of curls at high weight/negatives every set was till failure

Negatives every set , every day = overtraining in anybody's language

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
CT claims to be natural.

That being said, if you are on gear and eat enough the first thing that will go is your joints and tendons.
The only reason I wouldn't train arms everyday is because I know what biceps tendinitis feels like and how it negatively effects other bodyparts.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

Your wife does WP right???? How can u say BBs dont put strain on their CNS. I think they do more then "1 rep max " guys

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
This is my take on overtraining and I'm speaking for my self if I go into the gym and half way into my work out no pump feeling lethargic my body has not recovered from the day before hence I'm over trained and I need more rest.in my younger days I could train 3 days on 1 off with gear as I recovered quicker and less likely overtrained but in my 40s different story recovery takes longer.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Your wife does WP right???? How can u say BBs dont put strain on their CNS. I think they do more then "1 rep max " guys

We put ridiculous weights on top of our spinal cords and squat it.. Or we drape it from our arms. When you unrack 600lbs on your back your brain is saying OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP THIS PUT IT DOWN WE'RE GONNA DIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!! but then you squat anyway. That is how you strain the CNS. A bodybuilder can certainly overtrain, but its muscle fatigue not CNS fatigue. Its tougher to detect when a BB is overtraining. Basically, you are under eating and will get flat and smaller.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic