Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Overtraining or myth?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Are we really gonna have a bb vs pl argument ?different goals for both. Respect for both sides IMO. I'm sure diet has alot to do with frying ones Cns in bb. No way could I do it nor do I desire to.
Slamming on one another isn't the route to go though

Totally agreed... No matter BB, PL, OLY or Strong(person) we're all kinda freaks compared to your average obese person on the street.

One thing I'm sure we can agree on though... Crossfit sucks.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
It's funny how this CNS argument always becomes an us vs them kind of thing. Do BBs stress their CNS? Not IMO. Are PLs disciplined in their diets like a BB? None that I know of. Is it better to lift a shit ton of weight than being super lean.... totally a subjective opinion that can't really be argued. I couldn't sit around eating like a BB but most of my BB friends think I'm crazy for working on OLY lifts day in day out when I'm not especially gifted at it. For me weight lifting is fun I enjoy the actual process of learning and failing and pushing myself.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
I like to think of my diet as a BBer's dirty bulk. Except it's more...perpetual.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I like to think of my diet as a BBer's dirty bulk. Except it's more...perpetual.

That Fletcher bro eating McD's as part of his training for 20 years comes to mind.... it worked for him!

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
That Fletcher bro eating McD's as part of his training for 20 years comes to mind.... it worked for him!

I'd liken his generics to a Ferrari. I'd say mine are more Studebaker.

RageBlanket

RageBlanket

Feb 13, 2013
Crossfit is the truth, the light, the way.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
bold statement. To say bodybuilders sit on there asses using machines is rediculas and not true at all. I could say power lifters are lazy and use the excuse if being a power lifter to be a fat ass. You don't think bodybuilders do the bench squat at dead lift? I know plenty if bodybuilders that would prolly crush you in the gym bro. I'm sorry but this post you made was ignorant. I'm sorry but bodybuilding is a tougher all around sport that takes serios discipline. It's not who can eat the most cheeseburgers.

<3 you :-*:-*:-*:-*

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Honestly this is retard.

Regardless of what type of of trainer you are, you can over train. Over training is not just cns depression. Although I do know that feeling is not nice at all and can say it is different....thanks sheiko training! You can be overtrained in more ways than just cns depression. A bb not growing may be overtrained. In the end is that any less worse considering the goal?

Who works harder? Tough call....too different. And you all should be smart enough to respect that.

Bust each others sacs...that is expected. But have thick skin about it. It's all hard... Like asking who's job is harder? a professional football player or professional hockey player? Both sports are hard in their own right and so is their training...but completely different.... so you can't compare.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
****, this thread was a disaster. It could've been a solid discussion, but instead became a bitchfest.

Bottom line, find what works for you. If you're not progressing, increase or decrease intensity/volume/frequency. Try different combos and tweaks until you make progress again. Goal-achievement is a moving target, so you will never be able to "settle in" to a program.

Mike Tuscherer, a powerlifter who is massively strong AND all natural AND under 20% bf AND incredibly smart, has some very interesting things to say about overtraining.

For the record, I'm 6'2" 285ish and well under 20%bf, and I love powerlifting, strongman, oly, and any other strength sport. I also respect bodybuilding. I think one thing we can agree on is that the iron doesn't give a **** what sex you are, what you look like, or how clean you ate that day. It is there merely to succumb to gravity, and we are there to fight those physics to whatever end we choose.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Planet Fitness = best gym ever.

Anyone want to debate me on that?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic