Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Logjammin

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Sounds like an awesome session bro. Very nice pulls. What do you think caused the pain In your trap?

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Sounds like an awesome session bro. Very nice pulls. What do you think caused the pain In your trap?

It's been like this for about a month. I am not sure how it got hurt. It sucks sleeping at night and waking up with it hurting when I am laying on my right side. When I lift it only bothers me on over the head movements.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice pulls and presses man!

Are you a power lifter?

What belt did you order?

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Floating a log

It's been like this for about a month. I am not sure how it got hurt. It sucks sleeping at night and waking up with it hurting when I am laying on my right side. When I lift it only bothers me on over the head movements.

That's exactly how my left trap and delt have been. It's always painful when I wake up and during pressing movements. I'm really thinking it's because of my sleeping position. I usually sleep with my left arm under my pillows and I think that's causing it.

Edit: front delt

Last edited:
Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Nice pulls and presses man!

Are you a power lifter?

What belt did you order?

I have competed in powerlifting twice. I just started lifting a couple months ago and have been just trying to get stronger. I will do a meet in October.

I ordered an inzer pr belt. I had one before but it died due to water damage and black mold.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
That's exactly how my left trap and delt have been. It's always painful when I wake up and during pressing movements. I'm really thinking it's because of my sleeping position. I usually sleep with my left arm under my pillows and I think that's causing it.

I was thinking my sleeping position was the cause of it as well!! Does it hurt to lockout over your head? Do you have trouble reaching straight up?

For as long as I can remember I have always been a side/ stomach sleeper. I usually stick my arm under the pillow which is under my head. The position can be best described as the fetal nazi. I am in the fetal position with my arm in roman salute position.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I was thinking my sleeping position was the cause of it as well!! Does it hurt to lockout over your head? Do you have trouble reaching straight up?

For as long as I can remember I have always been a side/ stomach sleeper. I usually stick my arm under the pillow which is under my head. The position can be best described as the fetal nazi. I am in the fetal position with my arm in roman salute position.

That's the exact way I sleep. That's gotta be the cause. Yes it does hurt when locking out. Almost more uncomfortable than anything and the ROM feels harder to complete. Hen I first wake up and I'm getting ready, it's really right even putting a shirt on. But eventually loosens up. But I've noticed lately with pressing movements, it has made them more difficult.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Edit: front delt

Guys I had trouble with my shoulders due to sleeping on my arms, for years. Finally I trained myself to not sleep on my arms, and now I mostly sleep slightly rolled back onto the back of my shoulder. So picture this, my knees are bent and I am sleeping on my hips, but my torso is tipped back slightly, so my bottom arm is to the front of my body, and my other arm is right on top or held to the front. the problem with this position, is the top arm falls to sleep. That is solved more or less by hugging an extra pillow to the front of my body with the top arm. The key to all of this is having the right pillow on the bottom. Mine is a foam memory pillow (kind of expensive) that conforms to the shape of my head, and I can tuck it between my head and bottom shoulder. It took me years to figure all of this out (some of it very recently) but my sleep is good and I rarely have shoulder problems now and when I do they are pretty minor.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Floating a log

Fetal Nazi camp has many members, myself included at one point.

I was told by a physical therapist that it's a really unhealthy way to sleep for a number of reasons...

The legs tucked up cause your psoas muscles to be constricted for 6-10 hours a day (depending on sleep schedules)... And when you wake up you're elongating a muscle that's tight as ****. This can throw your pelvic alignment up, cause lower back issues, posture problems, hip mobility issues...

And having your shoulder under the pillow can stretch things that shouldn't be stretched, and for super-long periods of time. Think about putting a weight on the topside of your knee and having your knee being pushed inward...for 6-10 hours.

I've switched to sleeping on my side with my legs as straight as possible and my arm sitting at about 4:30, 5 o'clock (the arm you'd have under your pillow).

Sleeping is evil sometimes... I ended up with carpal tunnel symptoms from sleeping in a position that had my wrist cocked back... I rocked wrist wraps in bed for a few months and altered my position to fix the problem, making sure my hand was always supported by something. I'm hoping this is the last modification I need to make because the "setup process" sucks.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Guys I had trouble with my shoulders due to sleeping on my arms, for years. Finally I trained myself to not sleep on my arms, and now I mostly sleep slightly rolled back onto the back of my shoulder. So picture this, my knees are bent and I am sleeping on my hips, but my torso is tipped back slightly, so my bottom arm is to the front of my body, and my other arm is right on top or held to the front. the problem with this position, is the top arm falls to sleep. That is solved more or less by hugging an extra pillow to the front of my body with the top arm. The key to all of this is having the right pillow on the bottom. Mine is a foam memory pillow (kind of expensive) that conforms to the shape of my head, and I can tuck it between my head and bottom shoulder. It took me years to figure all of this out (some of it very recently) but my sleep is good and I rarely have shoulder problems now and when I do they are pretty minor.

Fetal Nazi camp has many members, myself included at one point.

I was told by a physical therapist that it's a really unhealthy way to sleep for a number of reasons...

The legs tucked up cause your psoas muscles to be constricted for 6-10 hours a day (depending on sleep schedules)... And when you wake up you're elongating a muscle that's tight as ****. This can throw your pelvic alignment up, cause lower back issues, posture problems, hip mobility issues...

And having your shoulder under the pillow can stretch things that shouldn't be stretched, and for super-long periods of time. Think about putting a weight on the topside of your knee and having your knee being pushed inward...for 6-10 hours.

I've switched to sleeping on my side with my legs as straight as possible and my arm sitting at about 4:30, 5 o'clock (the arm you'd have under your pillow).

Sleeping is evil sometimes... I ended up with carpal tunnel symptoms from sleeping in a position that had my wrist cocked back... I rocked wrist wraps in bed for a few months and altered my position to fix the problem, making sure my hand was always supported by something. I'm hoping this is the last modification I need to make because the "setup process" sucks.

Hey guys I really appreciate your stories and advice. I'm sure Pawg does as well. Glad to hear we aren't alone in our sleeping issues. I never thought about the bent leg issues having your muscles contracted for so long. No wonder I had that horrible deathly Charlie horse a few months back. I'm gonna work on changing my sleep setup. Thanks again guys

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
I never expected so many other people to have issues that resulted from sleeping in bad positions. I appreciate everyone for chiming in and giving some advice.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic