Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Big AL's Workouts 2015

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Could be your form. Could be the fact that your nervous system isn't used to handling heavy weight. I'd suggest overload work and hitting singles, doubles, and triples in training.

yea will do im in my heavy phase of training at the mo so will start lifting heavier weights etc... would do negatives etc more but i train by myself and there are rarely anyone around when i train (normally 5.30am in the morning lol. i sometimes have my dad train with me though so ill take advantage when he's around

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Alright guys so must admit I feel obsessed with training back at the moment. Deadlift the other day, lat pull downs yesterday and no shrugs and rear debts today... lol its like I want to grow wings
So today my main focus was shrugs. It's been a while since I've done them heavy but they re a lift I've always been strong at
Calf raises
Shrugs
60kg 10reps
100kg 10reps
150kg 10reps
190kg 10reps
230kg 10reps
280kg 10reps
310kg 11reps
So I did not go as heavy as it hoped but still not too bad. I then finished off with rear pec deck flyes
Rear pec deck flyes
Calf raises

Last edited by a moderator:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
yea will do im in my heavy phase of training at the mo so will start lifting heavier weights etc... would do negatives etc more but i train by myself and there are rarely anyone around when i train (normally 5.30am in the morning lol. i sometimes have my dad train with me though so ill take advantage when he's around

You misunderstand me when I say overload. I mean handling more weight then what you're currently capable of with the aid of chains, reverse band set ups, etc.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Welcome man, this is starting off nicely!

thanks mate im just wondering what to train tomorrow - im thinking of chest - but im going to keep it simple if i do as the last session i did was quite hard and i dont want to stress my injury too soon. maybe just easy work on 100kg (220lb) but not sure - any ideas?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
thanks mate im just wondering what to train tomorrow - im thinking of chest - but im going to keep it simple if i do as the last session i did was quite hard and i dont want to stress my injury too soon. maybe just easy work on 100kg (220lb) but not sure - any ideas?

Others are better suited to answer this for you. I just do what's laid out in the program for the day

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Definitely work around that inury, if your hurt you can't train!

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
So thinking of training chest tomorrow. not sure exactly what kind of routineto do otherthan that i dont want it too intense as my pec injury got tight after the last workout on chest so was thinking of playing around on 100kg(220lb) for fun but stillwant it to be a usefulsession.

Anyone got any ideas? the most reps ive done on 100kg in a set is 24. so its a pretty light weight for me and my current pb is about 155kg -but 180kg is my pb -dont know if that helps with working out a routine

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If your pec is hurt I'd use a foam board, 2 board, or something that will limit range of motion while still allow you to get your training in.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
If your pec is hurt I'd use a foam board, 2 board, or something that will limit range of motion while still allow you to get your training in.

sweet idea mate never heard of that or thought of it before but sounds reqally good as its deffo worse the deeper igo so cheers ill do this!

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
ok guys so went and did legs instead

My latest vlog on how my leg workout went this week including how i achieved my 200kg squat with full write up and training footage :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic