Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Big AL's Workouts 2015

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
HI guys so i have just over the last two weeks started to keep a training log in the form of video logs and thought id share it on here with write ups also. The first few videos do have some music over the top (i was playing around with editing) which sometimes make it a littlehard to hear what im saying but all the videos ill be filming from now on will not have music in the background.

to start ill just share my current Pbs so you have an idea what i can achieve at the moment or whilst i peaked in the past. i typically peak my strength roughly every 6-9 months and hold it for a month before changing my training back to reps. i also tend to do better at reps than one rep max so ill include both in my list of pbs.

pbs

squat 180kg (396lb) for 10reps. 220kg for 1rep

deadlift 200kg (440lb) for 10reps 220kg for 1rep

bench press 100kg for 24reps 180kg for 2reps

seated front shoulder press 130kg for 4reps 150kg for 1rep

shrugs 380kg for 20rep

ill just include the lasttwo weeks of training ive done and then ill try posting everyday i train thereafter

please feel free to post any comments. criticism. or advice :)

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
today I trained twice
morning: chest
20mins stretching
warmup on flat bench press (60kg,100kg)
working sets (flat bench)
120kg (265lb)1rep paused
130kg (290lb) 1rep paused
150kg (330lb) 1rep paused
120kg 5sets 5rep
I felt very strong and explosive on these weights. I felt I may have been able to do between 165-170kg today for a 1 rep max... but as first day back and with my right pec tear not fully healed I felt it was safer dropping to 120kg for reps.
I then did
3 sets of 20rep on 100kg seated calf raises to finish the workout.
5mins of stretching
evening
5 mins of stretching
when I came back I did back I started with
lat pull downs - sets of 7-9 reps. I finished on 7reps on 120kg for 3 sets.
seated rows. cant remember what weight but did 3 sets of 10reps
single arm deadlift with single arm upright rows (olympic bar) on 35kg 4 sets of 12rep
a pathetic attempt at chins (I was so pumped) lol getting 2 sets of 2reps
5mins of stretching
the back workout was a nice way to stretch my body after chest. using the push pull principle.
I will most likely take tomorrow off (I never train saturday) but will train again on sunday

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Leg Day

So as always i stretched at the beginning of my workout for 20 mins. focussing on stretching my quads, calfs and hamstrings as today was leg day!

To start for legs i want to build up my calfs and hamstrings, so that they are balance with my quads (which are proportionally much bigger) so as a result i started my leg with pre exhaustion on leg curl and calf raises.

Calf raises
50kg -50rep- 6 sets

Leg Curl
4- sets 40rep

I then supersetted on the leg press a comboof calf raises and leg press. Not sure of the weight but i did

Single Legged leg press
10reps each leg
supersetted with
double legged leg press
20reps
supersetted with
calf raises
30reps

I did the above three times.

At last my main workout begins!

HACK SQUAT

120kg 3 sets 8reps (as slow as possible and as deep as possible)

Single legged hack squat

3sets of 3 rep 60kg

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
So todays workout was an easy day of biceps

I started on a very light weight after stretching for 20 mins. When i was stretching i felt very stiff so started as follows:

6kg dumbells superset of

10 hammer curls,
10 concentration curls
10 hammer curls
10 curls

Idid the above superset twice before strecthing again and then i repeated the above for another two supersets but this time on 8kg

I then moved onto olympic bar curls (i did these very slow and controlled with no swing both on the way up and the way down)

40kg 3 sets of 5reps
45kg 3sets of 5reps

and that was it for the weight i finished on some light boxing on the bag jsut to loosen off

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
or this workout I did a very simple chest workout

as always I started off with stretching and then

Flat Bench

60kg
80kg
100kg all warmups
130kg 1 rep
150kg 3reps

so just went heavy as quick as poss to try and test my strength to see what kind of weights i should use in my workouts in the next following months.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Today was shoulders

I know normally this would not be a good regime to follow chest without at least a day of rest but i do find that by doing this you can develop great strength and muscularity to the pectoral girdle. So without hesitation here is a summary of my latest workout

So no stretching at the beginning of todays workout instead i did 20 mins afterwards.

Seated shoulder press:

So much like how i warmed up on chest yesterday i decided to do very few reps to warmup. i then focussed on one set to test my strength so i can judge what i need to do over the next few months and managed this

130kg (286lb) for 4reps

My overall target i hope is for 160kg (352lb) for a single rep by the end of my heavy phase (3 months away)

I then went onto front raises for sets of 10 each arm and then two giant sets on

side lateral raises

2kg(per arm) 16rep
4kg 12rep
6kg 10rep
8kg 8rep
10kg 5rep

and then my next giant set

10kg 15rep
8kg 15rep
6kg 12rep
4kg 6rep
2kg 4rep
empty lol hardly any

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Well today was a back and biceps workout. To start i wanted to try and reintroduce some deadlift to my workouts. I cant deadlift 100% at the moment as when i do it tends to hurt my lower back injury. So going light is my only option but i feel that going light is not the best way to maintain/develop muscularity. So ive decided to experiment with different ways of making light weights harder and more intense.

To start with then a quick experiment of doing 1 handed deadlifts. An easy weight of 40kg(even for one handed) but i havethe intention of building this up to maybe 100kg? Not sure well see how well my grip and lower back handle it.

This was just a way of warming up my back but also i find it less stressful on my injury. Other than that i went on to the following exercises

Machine rows

50kg 10reps
90kg 10reps 4 sets

lat pull downs
60kg 8reps
100kg 6reps 4 sets

bent over rows(olympic bar)
80kg 3sets of 6reps

Biceps

For biceps i stayed on the basics

Barbell curls
25kg 7eps
25kg 21reps (7 at low range 7 mid range and 7 high range)

light dumbells (8kg) as a giant set mix of curls, hammer curls and concentration curls during my rest peiod between barbell curls

Back to barbell 25kg 7reps

light dumbells (8kg) as a giant set mix of curls, hammer curls and concentration curls during my rest peiod between barbell curls

Back to barbell 25kg 7reps

Forearms

2sets on my tri set of forearms (25kg)

Calf raises

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
An incredible set of workouts there!!!

Welcome to the Log section of TID!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You're PB for pulls is 10 reps at 440 but your 1RM is 485? Is that a typo?

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
So today was my fave leg day. And for once i wanted to start doing squats again. I havnt squatted in a while to help protect my back injury but today was a gentle reintroduction again back into squatting

I started off on the free bar

60kg 2rep
60kg 1rep
90kg 2rep
90kg 1rep
120kg 1 rep
160kg 1rep

I left it at 160kg and handled it very easily but didnt want to push my lower back by going more heavy

I then finished off on hack squat

80kg 3 rep
130kg 3rep
180kg 3rep
230kg 3rep
280kg 1 rep

Again very easy but i wanted to keep the reps low to test strength rather than my joints.

I then ended my workout on calfs doing high reps on single legged calf raises

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
You're PB for pulls is 10 reps at 440 but your 1RM is 485? Is that a typo?

;o; mp as i say for some reson i just perform much better for reps rather than 1 rep maxs. i really dont get why? one of the reasons why im posting up here is hoping some guys might have answers? i find that if i can move a weight for 1 rep i can normally shift for 10reps - but once i hit a weight i struggle with i just cant shift it

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
An incredible set of workouts there!!!

Welcome to the Log section of TID!

thanks bull muscle seems like a good site as i say i got my vlogs to post up from this weeks lifts so hopefully make it a little more interesting as well

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic