tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
1526612_207857246069842_346668377_n.jpg

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Im thinking for ten bucks a month i may join just for the pizza . How often do they have pizza parties?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Im thinking for ten bucks a month i may join just for the pizza . How often do they have pizza parties?

Not a bad idea. I can eat a lot and if they don't have a limit and serve it more than once I'll definitely get more than my moneys worth.

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
It's a business. It's successful. They cater to a certain crowd. Would you prefer these folks go to your gym and linger around on their phones and jump in on your sets? If someone wants to be a surfer they don't go out to the green water and get in on the lineup, they play in the white water for a while. When they're good enough and strong enough they try dropping in on some decent ones. Maybe some of these folks there had zero experience training and want to begin and are rightfully intimidated by a gym full of bloated guys with bandanas and jorts. Maybe a few will not renew and will get a membership at a "real" gym the next year. At least some are trying and staying out if your way in the meantime. I'm all for it. I just would never sign up there.
Same for crossstitch. If someone is getting in shape and feeling good then why does it suck? Is it because you know the ONLY correct way to workout? If there a bunch of newbies doing it in addition to athletes then so be it. How many of you had perfect form and were beasts in the gym when you first picked up a weight?

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
PF never had squat racks where I live but they did have smith machines until a few weeks ago, they removed all of them.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
PF never had squat racks where I live but they did have smith machines until a few weeks ago, they removed all of them.

It's usually the gyms that were other gyms and converted their name to planet fitness that still have the squat racks. No new planet fitness would purchase a squat rack. The fact that they don't even have smith machines is appalling! That is pushing it way too far!

Also the first Monday of every month has pizza and the second Tuesday of everymonth has bagels. Not to mention the tub of tootsie rolls on the way out!!!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It's a business. It's successful. They cater to a certain crowd. Would you prefer these folks go to your gym and linger around on their phones and jump in on your sets? If someone wants to be a surfer they don't go out to the green water and get in on the lineup, they play in the white water for a while. When they're good enough and strong enough they try dropping in on some decent ones. Maybe some of these folks there had zero experience training and want to begin and are rightfully intimidated by a gym full of bloated guys with bandanas and jorts. Maybe a few will not renew and will get a membership at a "real" gym the next year. At least some are trying and staying out if your way in the meantime. I'm all for it. I just would never sign up there.
Same for crossstitch. If someone is getting in shape and feeling good then why does it suck? Is it because you know the ONLY correct way to workout? If there a bunch of newbies doing it in addition to athletes then so be it. How many of you had perfect form and were beasts in the gym when you first picked up a weight?

^^And here he goes again.......Dude chill, we're being ''sarcastic'', fooling around, having fun. Lighten up and enjoy life a lil

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
On the flipside, I bet somewhere there are a shitload of power racks and smith machines for sale CHEAP!!

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I was a fat piece of shit when I started at powerhouse, I didn't need to go to a purple gym that served pizza first. I wanted to go to a gym where I could learn, not a gym where I could learn how to actually get fatter. You also don't seem to notice how PF makes fun of all of us and our types of gyms in their commercials? Nobody here is throwing a temper tantrum over that are they? We aren't dumb dude, we all understand that it's a business and the reasons they are doing what they do. You really think we don't get that? Doesn't mean it isn't completely hilarious though.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have had many a temper tantrum over the commercials. Hubby thinks it's funny because they wind me up

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic