Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Planet Fitness removes squat racks for being ‘intimidating’

mupfo

mupfo

Nov 22, 2011
The intimidated person was probably someone that made a New Year resolution to loose weight and bought a 3 month pass and will use it twice.. Will be glad when Feb gets here so the 2 time visitors will be gone till next Jan.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
The intimidated person was probably someone that made a New Year resolution to loose weight and bought a 3 month pass and will use it twice.. Will be glad when Feb gets here so the 2 time visitors will be gone till next Jan.

*lose, not loose.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I'm soooo Hot!!

Last edited by a moderator:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
^^^^ Sheeeit, if anything if my gym had Hottties like this the place would be swarmin

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Not to get too deep into it but crossfit isn't the problem. Crossfit gyms are.

The stereotypical crossfit crowd is garbage. And most crossfit is that crap.

The idea of it is great for me. High weight, high intensity, and really athletic. Where it lost me is the sloppy technique and the idiots flocking to it. Just like any other fad.

I echo that. Guess you have to find the right one. The one I go to is ran by a competitive powerlifter.
Most of the guys in there are powerlifters or bodybuilders like myself. We're just wanting to be a bit more athletic with some endurance.
We do this mostly because we live in an amazing area with lots of mountains, mountain biking, climbing, etc.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
If they went to a real gym and not that plantfatness shite then maybe they'd look hot!! Do people get any positive results from going to planetpizza?

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
I think techno music sucks and I don't consider it real music. I don't go to raves

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
The Planet Fitness just around the corner from where I work does not have a squat or power rack. However, they do have 4 smith machines lined up on the back wall otherwise lifting heavy wouldn't be possible.

Honestly, it surprises me that they had a squat rack at all...

Recently, I was cashing out at a local restaurant when the cashier asked if had just been at the gym? I replied yes I train at the place a few doors down. He said he goes to planet Fitness and that it's great because no bulking is allowed lol.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
The Planet Fitness just around the corner from where I work does not have a squat or power rack. However, they do have 4 smith machines lined up on the back wall otherwise lifting heavy wouldn't be possible.

Honestly, it surprises me that they had a squat rack at all...

Recently, I was cashing out at a local restaurant when the cashier asked if had just been at the gym? I replied yes I train at the place a few doors down. He said he goes to planet Fitness and that it's great because no bulking is allowed lol.

Lmao what is wrong with this world now? Has everyone been castrated at birth? It just blows my mind how pansyfied everyone is now days.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
I am actually a member of planet fitness and another gym only because I travel so much there is a planet fitness everywhere. I have to say some are incredible gyms, but this is starting to change. The one near my house that I originally joined used to be better than most hard core gyms. It was sick. I went way for the weekend and came back only to find all the benchpresses squat racks and dumbbells over 70lbs were gone. I was mortified that my gym turned into the planet fitness that everyone makes fun of! I asked them and they said all planet fitness were required to get rid of bench presses and squat racks due to liability insurance. They get a huge break as a gym for not having this equipment and it was a corporate policy.

This was over a year ago, and I was told eventually all planet fitness gyms would be like that within two years. Each gym has a certain time period to remove the equipment or corperate will shut them down.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I am actually a member of planet fitness and another gym only because I travel so much there is a planet fitness everywhere. I have to say some are incredible gyms, but this is starting to change. The one near my house that I originally joined used to be better than most hard core gyms. It was sick. I went way for the weekend and came back only to find all the benchpresses squat racks and dumbbells over 70lbs were gone. I was mortified that my gym turned into the planet fitness that everyone makes fun of! I asked them and they said all planet fitness were required to get rid of bench presses and squat racks due to liability insurance. They get a huge break as a gym for not having this equipment and it was a corporate policy.

This was over a year ago, and I was told eventually all planet fitness gyms would be like that within two years. Each gym has a certain time period to remove the equipment or corperate will shut them down.

What a joke man! That's ridiculous. I wanna go to the gym that an alarm sounds if you don't drop the weight, use chalk, use proper form, grunt and yell at the top of a heavy ass squat, etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic