Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Planet Fitness removes squat racks for being ‘intimidating’

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Planet Fitness regularly touts how it’s not like all the other gyms and encourages soft people to indulge in its purple haze of mediocrity. And now they’re taking it one step further: Getting rid of squat racks for being “intimidating.”

planet-fitness.jpg

Redditor Kalerad posted his problem with Planet Fitness’s overly all-inclusive philosophy on the site’s Fitness subsection.

“I walked in noticing the outline of dust on the floor where the squat rack once stood. I was heartbroken. Especially since I had just recently found a love for squatting.

“I of course had to ask an employee “WTF?” He regretfully told me that a few days prior corporate came in and removed it because ‘a customer complained that it was intimidating.’”

The move is one of many — along with offering free pizza and bagels and tanning beds — to lure in the casual gym goer who might be turned off by gyms being a little too “fitness oriented.”

Either way, if you want to do serious workouts at any point in your life, make sure to avoid Planet Fitness. And if you’re the type of person who’s intimidated by a series of metal rods that make people stronger and healthier, we’re probably all better off if you remove yourself from society’s gene pool.

Code:
http://guyism.com/humor/planet-fitness-removes-squat-racks-intimidating-pussies-america.html

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
these words are not meant towards the gay community in anyway.

"fukkin faggots"

That's what initially came into my head....awful

This is worse than any other gym, new invention, exercise or cult group like crossfit.....straight up pussification.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
What an absolute load of crossfiting shite!!! fk 'em all! I thought a gym was where people went to train, not somewhere to eat pizza....fkn over PC bullshit....how the crossfit is a squat rack intimidating? I find pizza intimidating when I go to train...take that shite outta the gym you bunch of fat crossfit wankers.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Probably needed more room for their "Lunk" alarms.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Wonder if they are selling them on craigslist, I could use one for my garage :)

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Probably needed more room for their "Lunk" alarms.

Been tossed out of 2 of them.....this was before I powerlifted too. the story is on this site somewhere I think.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I'd be surprised if a squat rack at PF got any real use in the first place; and by that I mean for actual squatting.

The last two 'gyms' I belonged to were glorified 'Fitness Centers' and I rarely ever saw anyone squatting and if I did it was with minimal range of motion and/or weight.

My current gym (World Gym) is a little more 'hard core' or at least it used to be. There are some serious lifters there, but I still don't see a lot of squatting.

I've been lifting again for 4 years (as of this Friday) and I saw my first legit 4 plate squat (that wasn't me) last Saturday.

Now that said 99% of my lifting occurs between 5-7am. Maybe all the heavy squatters are still sleeping.

As for Planet Fitness; we don't have them up here in Canada, but I wish we did, because it would mean less pussified wankers in my gym.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Mannnn! I hate PF's! Who's lame asss idea was it to bring something like this into the fitness industry. They shouldn't even be considered a place of "fitness" come to PF and search your legs while we face fukk you with pizza :) and. No worries, there won't be any intimidating ambitious people that strive for better here to make you feel inferior. Come hang out in the rest area, where most go after indulging in their free pizza to chat and talk on their phones and talk about how much PF is changing their lives, and how other gyms are crazy. Lmao man these places are a joke. First of all, purple all over the place? Are you kidding me? I think my balls would hide inside my stomach from walking in there, and I'd have a sudden urge to do Pilates and kiss a guy. What a joke. That's why I love my shitty ass, worn out, old school gym.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
these words are not meant towards the gay community in anyway.

"fukkin faggots"

That's what initially came into my head....awful

This is worse than any other gym, new invention, exercise or cult group like crossfit.....straight up pussification.

say what you want but...

135# sumo deadlift high pulls - 100 of 'em
100# farmers walk 1000 meters

for time - 17:56

yesterday at crossfit.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
shit; where the **** am i supposed to curl now???

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I always found the stair master far more intimidating. That things hard.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic