Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Planet Fitness removes squat racks for being ‘intimidating’

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I hate to break it to ya but crossfit is nothing more than circuit training.... nothing new. They throw a bunch of multi joint compound/power movements together in an effort to burn the most Kcal. Don't forget your sport's tag line.... "turning 5's into 9's". Obviously, this is a sport that should be taken seriously.

Trust me, I know it's workouts people have been doing forever. I've already mentioned in others posts about NFL training programs doing the same stuff for decades.
They just didn't call it crossfit.

Again, I know it's nothing new. It's not always about burning kcals though. They do lots of maxes, triples, etc. that are not timed.
All they did was put it into into a package and gave it a name.

A

Account Removed - 1

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
Pretty soon their is going to be no more equipment in those places.

Planet fitness is just proof of how effeminate this country is becoming.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

Amen, someone understands!

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
As far as crossfit goes, to each their own. If that's what you want to do then go for it. Honestly I don't even know what it is.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

Maybe then just turn it into a full scale pizza restaurant.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't believe this shit but a assclown at work got a membership there, it's only $10 a month. I told him about the lunk alert , piza and donuts, he didnt believe it. He came in yesterday day laughing that they actually did bring pizza in , someone dropped some weights and the alarm went off and their squat machine is gone. Unbelievable but thye are popping up like cockroaches everywhere, great business model..get people in to work out, they get hungry, feed them..it's a vicious cycle

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I hate to break it to ya but crossfit is nothing more than circuit training.... nothing new. They throw a bunch of multi joint compound/power movements together in an effort to burn the most Kcal. Don't forget your sport's tag line.... "turning 5's into 9's". Obviously, this is a sport that should be taken seriously.

Yes, Thank You BI, I think Cut's or Curves whatever it was was 1st in starting this madness

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I think it is worse than effeminate- people have no spirit, are becoming flat.

People would rather watch folks act out 'living' on a screen than actually get out of a chair and do stuff themselves.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Do they throw you out if you look to muscular and intimidating too?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Trust me, I know it's workouts people have been doing forever. I've already mentioned in others posts about NFL training programs doing the same stuff for decades.
They just didn't call it crossfit.

Again, I know it's nothing new. It's not always about burning kcals though. They do lots of maxes, triples, etc. that are not timed.
All they did was put it into into a package and gave it a name.
Not to get too deep into it but crossfit isn't the problem. Crossfit gyms are.

The stereotypical crossfit crowd is garbage. And most crossfit is that crap.

The idea of it is great for me. High weight, high intensity, and really athletic. Where it lost me is the sloppy technique and the idiots flocking to it. Just like any other fad.

SuperG

SuperG

VIP Member
Jun 1, 2012
My buddy belongs to a gym that has a bar inside it. On the weekend when it's nice they set up tables around the outdoor pool and have a DJ play dance music. He got me a free pass so I could check it out. I watched people workout, go to the locker room, change their clothes, go to the bar and have a drink. It was a real nice gym with great equipment but it wasn't for me. I wouldn't pay $100 a month for a gym membership.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
WTF!

Bro,How am I supposed to "get my burn on!!!"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic