testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Why wouldn’t / shouldn’t they?
I know what RT is, and I have nothing against Russia.
BTW, military dot com (and many others) covered it as well — the report isn’t an RT exclusive, just in case you assumed this is Russian created hype.
Exactly! Just because it is pushed out by a Russian network does not mean it is true. Seen it in the military times the day it became official.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
The defenders are HIGHLY inspired and the invaders are conscripted and have no real reason to push forth of their own accord, I have seen this and throughout history it prevails, The Alamo, 300 Spartans etc.
If you have a reason to kick ass you will......lol

Well right. Yes. But it's not an inspired army causing 5 to 1 casualties. or 10 to 1 or even (if some reports are correct in one battle) 40 to 1 kill ratios. It's intelligence, logistics and info coming from satellites and drones relaying precision data to precision munitions supplied by America. A thousand highly motivated, well trained and courageous troops can be killed by one precision attack. Courage and will to fight are worthless in the face of tech.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Well right. Yes. But it's not an inspired army causing 5 to 1 casualties. or 10 to 1 or even (if some reports are correct in one battle) 40 to 1 kill ratios. It's intelligence, logistics and info coming from satellites and drones relaying precision data to precision munitions supplied by America. A thousand highly motivated, well trained and courageous troops can be killed by one precision attack. Courage and will to fight are worthless in the face of tech.
I do not disagree. But eventually the ground must be taken. All wars are over money and resources and land. Unless this war is about having nuclear ground that is useless, at some point boots (that are vulnerable to snipers and door to door combat) must take the ground. Technology will not hold the ground - unless the populace is not armed.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I agree tech makes a ton of difference. However, casualty ratios even without tech, in defense vs offense when adversaries are near peer are not far off from what you wrote. The opposing force should expect to encounter 7 casualties to every 1 of those defending when well defended in terrain outside urban warfare. In urban warfare that ratio is closer to 10 to 1.

For every offensive technical weapon there are at least three technical defenses trying to defeat it.

Warfighting is my wheelhouse. I taught it, practiced it and continue to coach and mentor those who do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic