Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

US military

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
When I was in the ARMY homosexuals were in the closet. Soldiers were respectful of it like don’t ask don’t tell. That worked out fine and should continue. But the General of the ARMY is a woke asshole so here we are the laughing stock of the world. Biden s America.
An old Master Gunnery Sergeant (same rank and billet as an Army SGM) was retiring after 28 years. In his retirement speech he said, "When I came in homosexuals were banned from being in the military. Then they changed it to don't ask, don't tell. Now they are allowed to openly serve. I am retiring before they make it mandatory!" I have no idea if that is true, but it sure as hell was funny when someone told it to me.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Also to be fair, BMI sucks and I had to be “tape tested” at weigh-ins my entire time in the Army because I was 5’8 and 185lbs. It was retarded since I had a 32” waist and 46” chest but listed as obese for PT tests
at work if I do a BMI test, they list me as obese/overweight because they go only off of height and weight and don't look at density.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hell I saw to get more women in the Marines they do not even have to do a pullup, they can just hang from the bar for a few seconds.

I never served and maybe it is just me but I would want the person next to me, man or woman to have the strength to drag me out of harms way if I was injured. Maybe I am just crazy and inclusiveness is more important than fighting ability.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
All the future wars will be fought by glorified gamers sitting behind a computer simulator operating drones, unmanned planes and robots. The warrior's day is over.
Good possibility that the first wave of the next war will be fought by mad biologists, unleashing newly created diseases on each other.

Certainly the next phase will be the computer geeks, commanding drones and robots, escalating missals, nuclear fallout.

But at the end of the day, it will be the force of will of the grunts going door to door, wearing bio masks, and carrying machine guns, that will determine who rules over the ashes.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
All the future wars will be fought by glorified gamers sitting behind a computer simulator operating drones, unmanned planes and robots. The warrior's day is over.
I disagree the boots on the ground will always be needed unless we take out entire populations at once, urban combat house to house and door to door, floor to floor cannot be fought with drones,

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I agree that the Military is getting in on he WOKE bullshit, but I was just down on the Silver strand a couple weeks ago and I assure you they are still producing some HARD RIDERS down there!
Hard enough to make a difference if we can just push old Joe off to the side,,,lol

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I disagree the boots on the ground will always be needed unless we take out entire populations at once, urban combat house to house and door to door, floor to floor cannot be fought with drones,
Agreed. Also, 97% of the intelligence used in target packages for those drone strikes are collected by those kicking in doors.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hell I saw to get more women in the Marines they do not even have to do a pullup, they can just hang from the bar for a few seconds.

I never served and maybe it is just me but I would want the person next to me, man or woman to have the strength to drag me out of harms way if I was injured. Maybe I am just crazy and inclusiveness is more important than fighting ability.
That was the old standard. Female Marines switched from the flexed arm hang to pull ups in 2017. However, they only have to do 1 to pass for age group 17-20. It goes up when they turn 21.

That being said, each MOS has their own occupational fitness standard as well, so a female Marine who only does 1 pull up cannot be in the Infantry. She would have to perform a minimum 6 dead hangs and run 3 miles in 24:30. Not to mention a bunch of other requirements, i.e. hiking 10 miles with combat load in a specific time, etc... The new swim requirement is going to be the one that kills most of the them. My son just went through his training and said a lot of females were reclassified when they failed the occupational fitness standard test, so if they cannot hang in combat arms, they are not letting them in. I cannot say what the other branches are doing.

Additionally, not a single female Marine has passed Infantry Squad Leader's Course yet. Sure, we had a couple pass Infantry Officer's Course after they were given multiple attempts (men only get one and get reclassified) for political reasons. However, we are treating the enlisted female Marines just like the males and not a single one has finished the first leadership school within the MOS. It is a smoke check for sure. Pretty much if you cannot run 3 miles in 20:00, do 23 dead hang pulls ups and hike 10 miles with 85 lbs of gear in 2.5 hours you are going to struggle. Attrition was not the mission, but you have to be able to lead from the front.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic