Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

US military

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The Army and Navy already started this to help recruiting. The Marine Corps is the only one holding out, likely, because we still haven't missed our recruiting goals. Retention on the other hand, different story. We are hurting in that department.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Woke gen is also fat gen. Fat guys can fight but feeding them is a logistics nightmare. Try getting Starbucks and avocado toast into an MRE
Ironically there are far too many junkfood/fast food options at many of the sandbox bases. Green beans coffee shops, Great Steak & Potato, Subway, McDonald's, Pizza Hut etc..

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I have no problem with them allowing fatties in the military as long as they whip them into shape and make them into lean mean fighting machines. I had plenty of friends that went into the military after HS and were out of shape fast food junkies and the military whipped them into shape. I would see them when on leave and they were incredible in shape and maintained that lifestyle. Of course that was 30 years ago. Now they probably give them a cupcake and diversity classes.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Also to be fair, BMI sucks and I had to be “tape tested” at weigh-ins my entire time in the Army because I was 5’8 and 185lbs. It was retarded since I had a 32” waist and 46” chest but listed as obese for PT tests

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ironically there are far too many junkfood/fast food options at many of the sandbox bases. Green beans coffee shops, Great Steak & Potato, Subway, McDonald's, Pizza Hut etc..
That is why I always say combat experiences vary greatly. Six combat deployments and the largest base I was ever on was a company FOB. I built two COPs, living in fighting holes surrounded by HESCO for months before we even had tents. Then I would travel to places like Camp Fallujah, Salerno, Taji and Bagram and be like, WTFO! My dudes would run to the BK or whatever they had and scarf down as much food as they could. Hell, even their DFACs were ridiculous and some open 24/7. Then the only thing on your mind when you patrolled back, was this is the day I get hit by an IED and my guts are going to be spilled all over the place filled with BK.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Also to be fair, BMI sucks and I had to be “tape tested” at weigh-ins my entire time in the Army because I was 5’8 and 185lbs. It was retarded since I had a 32” waist and 46” chest but listed as obese for PT tests
Same here. Graduated Marine Corps recruit training 5 lbs over my weight limit and they threatened to not graduate me, even though I taped at 11%. Had to be taped each weigh in for 22 years. Now they just graduate them even if they don't make tape and start their body composition program when they arrive at their first unit. If they do not make significant improvement in 6 months, administrative separation. Make significant progress and they receive a 6 month extension. If they are not within standard after 12 months, administrative separation. Even if they make it, they are marred for their entire career. It will be difficult to reenlist and the promotion board will frown upon it. Doesn't matter if it happened 20 years ago.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have no problem with them allowing fatties in the military as long as they whip them into shape and make them into lean mean fighting machines. I had plenty of friends that went into the military after HS and were out of shape fast food junkies and the military whipped them into shape. I would see them when on leave and they were incredible in shape and maintained that lifestyle. Of course that was 30 years ago. Now they probably give them a cupcake and diversity classes.
I wish I still had the study by Penn St, they do all of our scientific non-biased testing, on people being overweight prior to entrance into the military and how many actually finish their initial contracts. It was something like, those who had to lose 50 lbs or more to make the standards to enter the military only had a 30% chance of finishing their initial contracts. Most would gain the weight back and fall out of standards when they arrived at their first unit or they would get injured through the entry level pipeline and never even make it to the fleet.

I have been at each of my son's graduations from recruit training, combat training and MOS training. I can tell you, it doesn't take long for the fatties to put the weight back on. I had instructors coming up and making excuses when they would see me do a double take when I would see one of their fatties graduating (despite being retired, they know I still have a lot of pull with all my peers being senior Sergeants Majors). I understand it is not the instructor's fault. They are working within their left and right lateral limits. We can thank Mothers of America for this one.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
When I was in the ARMY homosexuals were in the closet. Soldiers were respectful of it like don’t ask don’t tell. That worked out fine and should continue. But the General of the ARMY is a woke asshole so here we are the laughing stock of the world. Biden s America.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic