Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

US military

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I disagree the boots on the ground will always be needed unless we take out entire populations at once, urban combat house to house and door to door, floor to floor cannot be fought with drones,

Yes, definitely there will always be that need. But it's going to be drastically reduced. Eventually (my guess) there will just be special forces type units to clear things up after the technology has taken most infrastructure out.

It's crazy how well a small country of 40 million is currently using US and European technology to kill multiples more solders coming at them from a country of 160 million.

Them days of large standing armies are coming to an end.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
The Army and Navy already started this to help recruiting. The Marine Corps is the only one holding out, likely, because we still haven't missed our recruiting goals. Retention on the other hand, different story. We are hurting in that department.
We don't need any fat bodies. Only time before they change this tho. The Corps is already getting soft. Sad to see. It's this nee generation.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
Hell I saw to get more women in the Marines they do not even have to do a pullup, they can just hang from the bar for a few seconds.

I never served and maybe it is just me but I would want the person next to me, man or woman to have the strength to drag me out of harms way if I was injured. Maybe I am just crazy and inclusiveness is more important than fighting ability.
When I was in there were girls that could do 20+ pull ups with a lipper in. That impressive for a female.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
GF, I could not do that. It's the running part. My knees are toast.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
GF, I could not do that. It's the running part. My knees are toast.
Most of my joint degeneration comes from being an instructor at Infantry Squad Leader's Course. Those were the guidelines for the students. Being an instructor meant I had to lead and outperform them every single day. They pushed me hard. Not to mention, when students were on deck, we worked from 0500-2100 every day when in the rear and even worse in the field. It was one of the hardest and most gratifying duties I ever had. Right up there with being a platoon commander in combat.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes, definitely there will always be that need. But it's going to be drastically reduced. Eventually (my guess) there will just be special forces type units to clear things up after the technology has taken most infrastructure out.

It's crazy how well a small country of 40 million is currently using US and European technology to kill multiples more solders coming at them from a country of 160 million.

Them days of large standing armies are coming to an end.
The defenders are HIGHLY inspired and the invaders are conscripted and have no real reason to push forth of their own accord, I have seen this and throughout history it prevails, The Alamo, 300 Spartans etc.
If you have a reason to kick ass you will......lol

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Gen Z has a mental toughness issue. They have never known adversity. They have only known prosperity. Ultimately, someone must win the ground. We will not fare well in a land war in Europe. Just my .02. Ironically and sadly, the "kids" protesting against guns will be handed a gun to go kill people. Will they have the mental toughness to do that?

Just my opinion.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Destroying us from the inside out.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The defenders are HIGHLY inspired and the invaders are conscripted and have no real reason to push forth of their own accord, I have seen this and throughout history it prevails, The Alamo, 300 Spartans etc.
If you have a reason to kick ass you will......lol
Pray their latte, pink tennis shoes and next hormone shot/ sex organ alerting surgery is THAT motivation.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Pray their latte, pink tennis shoes and next hormone shot/ sex organ alerting surgery is THAT motivation.
Those gender confused punks cowered in fear and closed down our country for two years over a virus with a 99.9% survival rate. How the fuck do you think they are going to handle a real war with blood and death, much less have the fortitude to inflict it on the enemy.

Our country is doomed if we think that generation of scared little entitled punks is going to defend us from anything.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Destroying us from the inside out.
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

-Abraham Lincoln

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Gen Z has a mental toughness issue. They have never known adversity. They have only known prosperity. Ultimately, someone must win the ground. We will not fare well in a land war in Europe. Just my .02. Ironically and sadly, the "kids" protesting against guns will be handed a gun to go kill people. Will they have the mental toughness to do that?

Just my opinion.
Absolutely! It reminds me of an old quote:

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic