Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tipping

S

Seth Gecko

Nov 6, 2011
If its a situation where a tip is expected for good service then I don't mind giving one...... It's got to be good service though, the better = bigger tip, it really pisses me off when some kid figures they're entitled to it.

I remember one time I was out with a girl and paid with a $100 bill...... the check was like $70 or something, and the kid serving us asked me at the table if he should just keep the change ( like $30 ) trying to put me on the spot in front of the girl..... The kid got $5 lol.

I read in this thread that some service jobs in the US only pay $2 minimum wage? I'm in Canada, up here the minimum wage varies by region but it doesn't go below about $8/hr....... I know people that have worked in the service industry, it would be REALLY hard to live on that base wage....... On some shifts the tips can be pretty slow coming.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
If you can tip a bartender a dollar or 2 for popping off a beer bottle cap or mixing a drink in under 30 secs, you should have no problem doing the same for someone taking your order on the phone and bagging it for you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you can tip a bartender a dollar or 2 for popping off a beer bottle cap or mixing a drink in under 30 secs, you should have no problem doing the same for someone taking your order on the phone and bagging it for you.

I don't tip the bartender for opening the beer. I tip so that when I go back for beer 2 I don't have to wait in line behind every pair of tits at the bar

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
I simply dont eat out. You wait an hour to pay for overpriced, overcooked, underserved freezer food. Id rather steal my mom food lovers lasagna.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Cheap ass mother f-uckers??? What the fck's cheap about not leaving a tip?
I'm a printer by trade, if I do twice the production of the next best guy I don't get a bonus, if I print a better quality the customer doesn't throw me a few coins. I do all that because I'm a professional and that's why I keep a job down and that's why the customers come back to have their work done by me again. If they want to treat it as a job then act professional, taking it out on the customer because they're in a bottom end job is just looking to pass the blame for their shitty life. Act professional and I'll go back and spend money again and that is how your boss pays you, give me attitude and I'll file an official complaint, if I don't like the place or your attitude I wont go back and neither would many...that's how a business looses money and you lose your job.
Expecting a tip is like begging for money on the street. Be grateful you have a job, act professionally and maybe you'll get somewhere in life.

Yeah dude, It's a perfect world and everybody does their job to the best of there ability for whatever pay they are lucky to get. I'll bet you are one of those guys that leaves .50 cents as a tip...

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Yeah dude, It's a perfect world and everybody does their job to the best of there ability for whatever pay they are lucky to get. I'll bet you are one of those guys that leaves .50 cents as a tip...

I thought I'd made it quite clear on more than one occasion, I don't tip!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Inspired by this thread I tipped the two guys who did my oil change, nothing big, a fin each.

They were surprised. Said "No thanks Sir" initially. I told them I'm a working man, they are working men, we are all in this together. Cool. They introduced themselves. Now I know the guys who do this service for me.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Inspired by this thread I tipped the two guys who did my oil change, nothing big, a fin each.

They were surprised. Said "No thanks Sir" initially. I told them I'm a working man, they are working men, we are all in this together. Cool. They introduced themselves. Now I know the guys who do this service for me.
Just a good gesture. I had a sales guy get a tip from the husband for dealing with his wife and said god bless ur patience

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I thought I'd made it quite clear on more than one occasion, I don't tip!

I hope to don't dine out then, some of those servers only make $2-$3 an hour our tips are what allow the business to keep their prices lower, essentially we pay the servers directly it's probably the most democratic system of pay we have in our country.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011

That's goin to come back to you, you might not even notice it but next time u change ur oil they might do something lil like change the little gasket on the drain plug or take some extra time to wipe the oil off the motor..

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013

Well done brother!

superman4hire

superman4hire

May 23, 2013
When I go sit down at a restaurant I generally tip 15-20% depending on the service. Now here's where I need help..... What do u tip if your just picking up a phone order? Applebee's, longhorn, outback, ruby Tuesdays wherever you may go!!

Your tip percentage should correlate to your chances of getting this women in bed. I would say for most guys this is 5-10%. ha.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic