Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tipping

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Oh one more thing..when I have to wait ****ing 10-15 minutes to get a refill I get pissed or have to flag them down to get their attention...I shouldn't have to wait until half my meal is gone to get a drink.

There was a situation I was in once where the server would let my bar drinks sit at the bar for really long periods of time. I finally started getting up, walking up to the bar, ordering my drink, which took about 30 seconds, and then giving part of what I would have given the server, to the bartender instead. The server ended up with a 10% tip, and the bartender ended up with the other 10%. I let the bartender know what I was doing in the process so she could inform the server when we left. lulz

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
There was a situation I was in once where the server would let my bar drinks sit at the bar for really long periods of time. I finally started getting up, walking up to the bar, ordering my drink, which took about 30 seconds, and then giving part of what I would have given the server, to the bartender instead. The server ended up with a 10% tip, and the bartender ended up with the other 10%. I let the bartender know what I was doing in the process so she could inform the server when we left. lulz

I find nothing wrong with that and I have done/do the same thing.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Actually, she gave better service than most very experienced servers. She made one little mistake, and made it up for great service. She was back with my correct drink in about 30 seconds, which I have never experienced before when a server screwed up my drink. I usually have to wait another 5+ mins

Actually, the great thing about this country is, I can tip whatever the **** I want to whoever the **** I want. :)

Quit bragging! :D

I agree. I will tip very well if the server has a good attitude, and I am always polite to servers. It's a shit job, they deal with lots of assholes, and most importantly THEY HAVE POSSESSION OF MY FOOD AND DRINK BEFORE IT GOES INTO MY MOUTH. And I don't hold the servers responsible for mistakes made in the kitchen or by the bartender.

If the service, food, or attitudes are so bad that I don't think a tip is warranted, I will speak to the manager once I'm done eating / drinking before I leave.

And as far as leaving a huge tip if you feel like it, why not? As long as you have plenty of disposable income to tip generously, I don't see the problem. Personally, I couldn't see being the type who sweats leaving a few bucks or looks for any excuse to not leave a decent tip. I've gone through times when money was very tight, and during those times I would avoid eating at places where tipping was the standard and I knew I couldn't eat AND tip.

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
Quit bragging! :D

I agree. I will tip very well if the server has a good attitude, and I am always polite to servers. It's a shit job, they deal with lots of assholes, and most importantly THEY HAVE POSSESSION OF MY FOOD AND DRINK BEFORE IT GOES INTO MY MOUTH. And I don't hold the servers responsible for mistakes made in the kitchen or by the bartender.

If the service, food, or attitudes are so bad that I don't think a tip is warranted, I will speak to the manager once I'm done eating / drinking before I leave.

And as far as leaving a huge tip if you feel like it, why not? As long as you have plenty of disposable income to tip generously, I don't see the problem. Personally, I couldn't see being the type who sweats leaving a few bucks or looks for any excuse to not leave a decent tip. I've gone through times when money was very tight, and during those times I would avoid eating at places where tipping was the standard and I knew I couldn't eat AND tip.

This me too!

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
She makes a mistake and you tip her $50? Don't ask why a country's so fkd up when you reward people in a big way for doing things wrong. In no other profession would someone be rewarded for a mistake.

Your not is the US stumpy? Is tipping customary where ur at?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic