Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tipping

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Have a story for you all. Tonight we went to a restaurant that we used to frequent a lot. New management took over and shit went down hill. We stopped going for a while. Wife wanted to try it again, so we went back. Looks like all new people working there.

Anyway, server comes up, asks us what we would like to drink. I ask her a question, and she says "I'm so sorry, this is only my 4th night and I am still learning. Will have to ask". She was very sweet, polite, and for being new, and I could tell she was busting her butt. Service was very good. At one point, she brought me my drink, and it was made wrong (Rum and coke) and she brought out rum on the rocks. She apologized, and said "oh my, I'm an idiot". I quickly replied "Oh my, don't ever degrade yourself like that. You're doing a great job!". When I got the bill, it was $90. I left her a $50 tip. I hope it made her night, and she realizes the great job she did. Poor thing, I felt horrible when she called herself an idiot.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
That's goin to come back to you, you might not even notice it but next time u change ur oil they might do something lil like change the little gasket on the drain plug or take some extra time to wipe the oil off the motor..

Well done brother!

Never thought about acknowledging the brothers that do this work in this way til I read it here. Then it was a no brainer.

We all work for a living, we should support each other, not just through tips but with a kind word, acknowledgment of a job well done, freakin' solidarity as people who, day in and day out, bust our asses to get by.

As we touched on today: If all working folks said, "Nope, not today" the whole system grinds to a halt- our excellent work habits, our reliability and decency keep the system alive and well.

Someone wrote a comment about my proficiency today.. Took them a minute, makes a big ass difference to me.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Have a story for you all. Tonight we went to a restaurant that we used to frequent a lot. New management took over and shit went down hill. We stopped going for a while. Wife wanted to try it again, so we went back. Looks like all new people working there.

Anyway, server comes up, asks us what we would like to drink. I ask her a question, and she says "I'm so sorry, this is only my 4th night and I am still learning. Will have to ask". She was very sweet, polite, and for being new, and I could tell she was busting her butt. Service was very good. At one point, she brought me my drink, and it was made wrong (Rum and coke) and she brought out rum on the rocks. She apologized, and said "oh my, I'm an idiot". I quickly replied "Oh my, don't ever degrade yourself like that. You're doing a great job!". When I got the bill, it was $90. I left her a $50 tip. I hope it made her night, and she realizes the great job she did. Poor thing, I felt horrible when she called herself an idiot.

She makes a mistake and you tip her $50? Don't ask why a country's so fkd up when you reward people in a big way for doing things wrong. In no other profession would someone be rewarded for a mistake.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
She makes a mistake and you tip her $50? Don't ask why a country's so fkd up when you reward people in a big way for doing things wrong. In no other profession would someone be rewarded for a mistake.

I think the idea is that the effort was 120%.

Someone trying really hard at their job is admirable and I think should be rewarded.

I don't eat out much anymore. When I was a kid eating out was fun. But now it's just a chore. So I just get it to go.

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
Like I said I used to be a waiter and bartender and so I know what it is like to get ****ed on a tip.But I am not tipping well if the service sucks.I won't reward someone for being a ****ing asshole or being lazy.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I think the idea is that the effort was 120%.

Someone trying really hard at their job is admirable and I think should be rewarded.

I don't eat out much anymore. When I was a kid eating out was fun. But now it's just a chore. So I just get it to go.

Sorry but still not buying this, trying hard at your job is not admirable, it's expected....just as a paycheck is expected for trying hard......trying hard but not succeeding is called the sack.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry but still not buying this, trying hard at your job is not admirable, it's expected....just as a paycheck is expected for trying hard......trying hard but not succeeding is called the sack.

Trust me, I agree with you 150% man.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be how things work now.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Actually, she gave better service than most very experienced servers. She made one little mistake, and made it up for great service. She was back with my correct drink in about 30 seconds, which I have never experienced before when a server screwed up my drink. I usually have to wait another 5+ mins

Actually, the great thing about this country is, I can tip whatever the **** I want to whoever the **** I want. :)

Last edited:
B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Actually, she gave better service than most very experienced servers. She made one little mistake, and made it up for great service. She was back with my correct drink in about 30 seconds, which I have never experienced before when a server screwed up my drink. I usually have to wait another 5+ mins

Actually, the great thing about this country is, I can tip whatever the **** I want to whoever the **** I wa:)

^^^^You got it bro!

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013

Actually, the great thing about this country is, I can tip whatever the **** I want to whoever the **** I want. :)

Lmao that is awesome and true!

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013

Oh one more thing..when I have to wait ****ing 10-15 minutes to get a refill I get pissed or have to flag them down to get their attention...I shouldn't have to wait until half my meal is gone to get a drink.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic