Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tipping

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
When I go sit down at a restaurant I generally tip 15-20% depending on the service. Now here's where I need help..... What do u tip if your just picking up a phone order? Applebee's, longhorn, outback, ruby Tuesdays wherever you may go!!

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Nothing ur picking it up no one is waiting on u and ur paying for the food as is. The cooks have diff pay then the waiters/waitresses.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I love this topic!! Usually when this comes up on a large forum, some kids who work in a kitchen will chime in "You people are rude. A tip should be given!" Lulz I don't tip for that. There is, however, one particular place, that I do tip. The servers have to take turns standing at the take out window, and they lose out on tips they would generally be getting for waiting tables. I will slip them a tip. They are always very sweet young kids (young men and women).

BTW, if service is really good and we are eating at the restaurant, I will tip upwards of 28%. We live in a college town, and, again, most of the kids here are good kids, so I don't mind helping them out a bit.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I have given some ridiculously good tips for quality service and I will stiff a bitch for giving me a hint of attitude.

Petty much if I don't go thirsty and you're not a bitch you're getting at least 20%.

I never really just pick up food. If I did I wouldn't tip.

Last edited:
Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Same here, around holidays, sometimes will chat with them and try to fish out their B-day, background. Some are so good at what they do, they might sell you some peanut butter pie.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
For a pu I'd give em 5.00 there taking there time to take that order n package it up n make sure you got all ur napkins etc... They don't have to baby sit you the whole time ur eating but I think 5.00 is fair...
If its a place you use often they will remember ur voice and any extra touches you like, like dry wheat toast etc,
There usually working for min wage and ur order takes time away from full tipping customers...
Just a thought... But toppings not mandatory ever IMO.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
For a pu I'd give em 5.00 there taking there time to take that order n package it up n make sure you got all ur napkins etc... They don't have to baby sit you the whole time ur eating but I think 5.00 is fair...
If its a place you use often they will remember ur voice and any extra touches you like, like dry wheat toast etc,
There usually working for min wage and ur order takes time away from full tipping customers...
Just a thought... But toppings not mandatory ever IMO.
So do the people in the McDonalds drive through. I don't tip them either.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
So do the people in the McDonalds drive through. I don't tip them either.

I don't either but I think that's a lil different, I'm sure some folks time them but prolly not often...
Like I said tho I don't think tipping is ever mandatory just posting what I do.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
No tip for take out orders. I can remember working for minimum wage at Jiffy Lube. I would burn my hands and arms on their hot cars and still take the time to wipe up any excess oil. I never got one single tip.

Last edited by a moderator:
69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I don't either but I think that's a lil different, I'm sure some folks time them but prolly not often...
Like I said tho I don't think tipping is ever mandatory just posting what I do.
I don't think the person putting your carry out food in a box with some napkins is any different than the person who puts my 2 mcdoubles w/Mac sauce in the McDonalds bag with some napkins just the way I like them.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I usually throw a few bucks depending on what I order. Is $5 gonna break you? A server in a place like Fridays or Applebee's who gets stuck at the take out in the rotation is losing a decent amount from regular table tips so if they can make it up in volume so be it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic