Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Tennis Elbow, HELP

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
I went to the doctors today to discuss my bloated gut. I also mentioned my painful elbow. She sed its Tennis elbow. How can I recover this quickly ? as It hurts lots if I curl so I cant do them at the moment and its PI*&^ING me off big time.

necropuppy

necropuppy

Mar 8, 2014
I literally just went to the orthopedics about this. He gave me a cortisone injection, which I think he ****ed up cause I was in more pain after it wore off., so I might not advise that. He told me to get a wrist immobilizer and wear that, also so to stretch that top forearm muscle. Extend your arm, make a fist and push down on your fist like you're curling it but upside down. Hold for 45 seconds, 15 reps 4 sets over the day, also prescribed me some anti inflammatory.

Last edited:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
U need some r and r, rest and relaxation. Also look in getting some cissus

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Cortisone can hurt more afterwards initially. It's called a cortisone flare. It should calm down.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I had a shot 8 months ago. The tennis elbow pain radiated into my bicep and forearm. He put some cortisone into the muscle bellies as well as the tendons to try to help. It didn't really do much. Maybe 25% relief. I had to change my training and use voodoo floss.

The pain came back with a force a month ago. It was more localized in the elbow. This time he put the whole shot close to the elbow. After about 4 days of pain from the shot I am pain free. This time it worked 100%. Sometimes these things need more than one treatment.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Voodoo floss. Buy it and watch youtube vids on how to use it.

Wear a wrist immobilizer

Stretch the forearm

Massage the forearm

At the gym lay a barbell on the floor. Lay down with your arm out and have a friend use the part of the bar beyond the collard to smash the forearm by rolling it up and down the arm while applying pressure.

Use a suicide grip when you bench

Don't wrap your thumb around the bar on any pulling exercises

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Go to Wiki and search it, their narrative discussion including therapy are quite good.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
POB turned me on to voodoo floss.

Changed my life.

Also get some supercissus from USPlabs.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
WOW Thanks for all the advice folks. Voodoo Floss is interesting ? Going to look into it all now.

Many Thanks.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
What ive noticed is it don't hurt with palm facing down, only palm facing up and curling. People say tennis elbow hurts palm down and rotating wrist ? is it still tennis elbow ? or is tennis elbow simply the term for any elbow joint pain ?

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Does it hurt with pushing movements? Usually this is a strained muscle. I have problems with the muscle on top of my elbow the extensor carpus radialus longus. I've also heard of people snapping the tricep tendon or the bicep tendon that connects to the elbow. It just wears down after years of abuse and just snaps. Anyway it might be a muscle/tendon if you can do pushing movements. Usually the pulling/lifting movements hurt a lot more at least for me. Took mine about 2 months to heal last time. Last September actually. Now when I apply IGF, I shoot it right in that muscle at least once a week. IGF-1lr3 is great for muscle strains and tears. Spot injecting really only works when your body needs to heal. Just gotta find a good source.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic