Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Tennis Elbow, HELP

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I went to the doctors today to discuss my bloated gut. I also mentioned my painful elbow. She sed its Tennis elbow. How can I recover this quickly ? as It hurts lots if I curl so I cant do them at the moment and its PI*&^ING me off big time.
When I first started lifting I got it bad in both elbows. Not one to quit anything though because after the 3 sets the pain would stop, go numb. After 3 months of this I had no choice but to stop doing curls for several months. Built up some nice triceps during that period though. The only way it will get better is to stop doing curls since that is the motion that caused the problem.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
you have to manage it always ??? . . . that's really got mi pissed off. Ive trained on and off all my life, and as ive got older I REALISED IM NOT AS GOOG AS WHEN I WAS 25. so now im really going to train hard and make my beautiful wife proud of me.

And now im getting all sorts of injuries :^( .

I keep getting cramp in my muscles as well :^( . is that the creatine ? I drink about 2 ltr of water a day ?

You drink 1/2 gallon a day.... that's not nearly enough. Try to drink 1.5 gallons a day.

And yes, you should be doing prehab.... preventative work ED or EOD each and every week.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I literally just went to the orthopedics about this. He gave me a cortisone injection, which I think he ****ed up cause I was in more pain after it wore off., so I might not advise that. He told me to get a wrist immobilizer and wear that, also so to stretch that top forearm muscle. Extend your arm, make a fist and push down on your fist like you're curling it but upside down. Hold for 45 seconds, 15 reps 4 sets over the day, also prescribed me some anti inflammatory.

This is normal, and it's so silly for chronic pains. Reason is that the place inflammated is usually the weakest spot!
Look for triggerpoints in your extensors of the forearm and in your biceps brachii, brachialis and brachioradialis. Even these out with steady pressure, until they are gone. It won't be pain free ;)
It WILL give release, but if it doesn't cure it permanently, then you may want to look into your training program. Got too much pulling with pronated grip, for example? This may irritate and cause tennis elbow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic