Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Open Carry

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
why are you "concerned with protecting yourself" when you are in zero danger?

i'm technically in more statistical danger than anyone in this thread and somehow i can leave the house with no weapon, and not be scared. why are you so scared?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no, not anyone.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
The neighborhood I just moved out of had 5 burglaries in the few years we were living there. One of them happened to my friend, a cardio thoracic surgeon, while he was at home. He was on call that night, so luckily he was already awake and sitting on a chair in the living room when it happened and chased him out before he was completely through the window.

Game cameras (we live in a wooded area. Last place was a wildlife preserve/reserve) and one security camera caught them all in a picture, and surprise surprise, they were all black. All of them were from the neighboring city, where it's much lower income and the demographic is much different.

Statistically NONE of that should have ever happened..lol
I was hoping DUMBASS getting hit by a truck might jar something loose but alas it did not hit him hard enough....lol
I am searching the web for U haul truck hits dumbass right now, I probably will find nothing I presume, since statistically THAT never happens or even did.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Statistically NONE of that should have ever happened..lol
I was hoping DUMBASS getting hit by a truck might jar something loose but alas it did not hit him hard enough....lol
I am searching the web for U haul truck hits dumbass right now, I probably will find nothing I presume, since statistically THAT never happens or even did.

Hahahahahaha....................

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
in this thread we learn that the LEAST likely to be injured american citizens, white heterosexual males, are terrified to live and carry weapons even though they are most likely to never need them, and VASTLY more likely to harm a family member than an "intruder".

smart choices.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
in this thread we learn that the LEAST likely to be injured american citizens, white heterosexual males, are terrified to live and carry weapons even though they are most likely to never need them, and VASTLY more likely to harm a family member than an "intruder".

smart choices.

Can you quote the source of your statistics please, especially the "VASTLY more likely to harm a family member than an intruder"
...lol. My thoughts are you have nothing to support that.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Holy Shit........................what a load a garbage hahahahahahah.................... hgh you are something else. Im really starting to think you just say the most obnoxious controversial things you can come up with just to get a rise out of people. Because there is no way you are that ignorant, this has to be an act. And here we go with the color and sexuality BS again. Always whining about that. Look dude, if your not happy, fix yourself. Just remember, God made you black, The devil made you gay.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Holy Shit........................what a load a garbage hahahahahahah.................... hgh you are something else. Im really starting to think you just say the most obnoxious controversial things you can come up with just to get a rise out of people. Because there is no way you are that ignorant, this has to be an act. And here we go with the color and sexuality BS again. Always whining about that. Look dude, if your not happy, fix yourself. Just remember, God made you black, The devil made you gay.

LMAO, ..............I believe he IS that ignorant, hence the DUMBASS moniker8-}

He is too dumb to realize that he could not have ACTUALLY been hit by a cocaine snorting fiend that has stolen of all things a U-Haul and then drives the wrong way down a one way and starts driving over pedestrians, I mean come on STATISTICALLY that could NEVER happen to a black homo dressed up as a KKK Grand Wizard on Halloween, could it?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
The neighborhood I just moved out of had 5 burglaries in the few years we were living there. One of them happened to my friend, a cardio thoracic surgeon, while he was at home. He was on call that night, so luckily he was already awake and sitting on a chair in the living room when it happened and chased him out before he was completely through the window.

Game cameras (we live in a wooded area. Last place was a wildlife preserve/reserve) and one security camera caught them all in a picture, and surprise surprise, they were all black. All of them were from the neighboring city, where it's much lower income and the demographic is much different.

A couple of reasons off the top of my head why I have guns at home, and why I almost always have one on me, or in my car, or in a gym bag or briefcase or whatever:

Heaven forbid this sort of thing happen to anyone or their children, regardless of the race or sexual preference of the victims or the scum who commit such horrors: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom

Another number of examples VERY close to home - some literally within walking distance of my own house:

South **** ******* hit by spate of 'high-end' burglaries

Last Modified: Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:54 PM
By **** ******
There has been a recent rash of “high-end” burglaries in south **** *******, authorities said.
**** ******* police worked five home burglaries in the Country Club Road area, and the ********* Sheriff’s Office worked about 20 south of **** *******, **** ****** Police Chief *** ****** said.
City police investigated three on Dec. 17 and two on Jan. 10, he said.
“They’ll go up and ring the doorbell and see if anybody’s home,” ****** said. “They’ll go up and ring it a second time. We feel they’ve been casing the neighborhood, casing these houses.”
Once the burglars are assured no one is home, they go to the rear of the house and break in through back windows, ****** said.
****** said police and deputies are jointly investigating the burglaries.
He said mostly cash and jewelry has been stolen, as well as a few guns.
“We feel it’s an organized group,” ******* said.
Police on Wednesday arrested four Houston men suspected of casing homes, ****** said. He said they were ringing doorbells and acting suspicious.
They are being investigated to see if they were involved in the previous burglaries, he said. Derrick Deshaun Brooks, 23, Shaquille Richards, 19, Corey Raymond Landor, 24, and Joe Roy Cockerham III, 18, were each charged with two counts of simple trespassing and one count of possessing burglary tools.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman *** ****** confirmed that the Sheriff’s Office recently investigated about 20 home burglaries south of **** *******, although deputies haven’t investigated one believed to be related to the others in three weeks.
***** said the Sheriff’s Office made two arrests, but the names of those arrested weren’t available Thursday.
“We’re continuing to work the cases to make sure we have arrested everybody responsible,” ***** said.
****** had several tips for residents.
Secure cash and valuables.
Record serial numbers.
Turn alarm systems on (in several of the burglaries, there were alarm systems in place, but they weren’t used).
Lock car doors.
Be observant and take down license-plate numbers of suspicious vehicles.
If you see something suspicious, call 911.
Do not confront the individuals.
Remember that it is illegal to solicit door to door in the city and in the parish.
In 2012, there were 1,800 burglaries in the city limits.
“This particular ring we feel was hitting south of 210, but we’ve got burglaries all over this city,” ****** said. “Burglaries are a huge problem; property crimes are a huge problem for us. We’re asking people to be diligent.”

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Can you quote the source of your statistics please, especially the "VASTLY more likely to harm a family member than an intruder"
...lol. My thoughts are you have nothing to support that.

here is one of hundreds of articles or studies you can read

http://www.examiner.com/article/possessing-a-gun-makes-you-less-safe-not-more-safe

but instead you will have the opinion that the NRA chose for you to have

Actually I'm correct. This argument isn't even actually opinion-based for the most part.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I feel that the right to possess a firearm is crucial, but with that right comes a big responsibility to learn how to use it safely, store it safely, etc. I'm not crazy about states creating a maze of regulation to make it difficult to lawfully obtain and keep a firearm, particularly in the name of "safety." If, however, harm comes to someone due to a lack of care, or negligence in using or storing the firearm, I think the guilty party should be prosecuted.

Whether someone wishes to purchase a gun for themselves is their own decision. I presently don't own a firearm, but I plan to purchase quite a few for myself and my family. And I'll pay so that we'll all take a good firearm safety course so we can learn to be responsible with what can clearly be a dangerous item if mishandled. (BTW, so can a kitchen knife).

Having a well-armed citizenry is THE most effective way to keep the government in check, that is from overstepping its proper boundary of authority. I have no illusions that I can effectively repel a well trained SWAT team, but if there are thousands of citizens all armed, the SWAT teams can't overstep their authority and violate the rights of all the citizens. The simple fact that they can't be effective with everyone effectively deters them from attempting to violate the rights of just one. It is an effective deterrent from gov't abuse.

And don't try to tell me that it can't happen. Look at college campuses today. They are creating speech codes, attempting to have people expelled and/or fired without due process, and attempting to harass and intimidate those who have the wrong thoughts or opinions about things. These little totalitarian brats are going to be running the show in 20 years and they have no qualms with violating your rights to get the "correct" result according to what they deem "correct."

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I wonder why the neighborhoods that are home to police officers are always nice, safe neighborhoods. Can it be that bad guys looking for an easy take are concerned that the chances of staring down the barrel of a gun are higher? I think that's a safe assumption.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic