Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Open Carry

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Late to the topic, but my EDC is the G19 with 147gr Federal HSTs. Your defensive ammo choice is as important as the gun you carry. Glock, Springfield, S&W, H&K, FNS all make great guns. Find the gun and caliber that works for you and has a reputation of working when needed. Choose your EDC ammo with care and concern. There are some great rounds out there that make the difference between 9mm, .40 and .45 negligible at best. Get a caliber that you can control and make your shots. THATS WHAT MATTERS.

I am making the switch to the Fed HST regular pressure for my Glock 43. In a short barrel gun, these have pretty amazing performance. Totally wasn't expecting a short barrel to perform well with a 147g. The +P don't do any better because they cant burn off the extra powder and therefore, don't do well in short barrels.

I am currently using Speed Gold Dot 115g, which has some pretty decent performance and results in 10% gel and denim testing, but just still not as well as the HST ammo. Looks like the HST ammo is the winner with almost all barrel lengths too. In a 4 inch barrel, the 147+P and 124 +P have some bad ass results.

One things I find interesting is this over penetration BS. That's a dated info. With today's ammunition losing so much energy on initial impact from the bullet beginning to mushroom, as well as very few people wearing denim on their upper bodies, over penetration in the field is pretty much nonexistent these days. In fact, if anything, penetration is lacking in the field. When you look at traumas by GSW, many bullets stop short before hitting anything vital.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
How do you like that 43? I am intrigued. My wife said she wanted a gun for when I'm not around and I started looking. I think I would keep it for myself though.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How do you like that 43? I am intrigued. My wife said she wanted a gun for when I'm not around and I started looking. I think I would keep it for myself though.

Let's put it this way. I was never really in to Glock. I was in the market for a slim, easy to carry 9mm, because summers are hot in Texas and carrying a double stacked mag is just too difficult at times. When I shot the Shield, LC9S, Kimber, Bodyguard...then the Glock 43, I didn't even think about it. The glock was the clear winner. For such a small gun, it's so easy to shoot and accurate. The LC9s had too much muzzle flip and had a bite. The shield was larger than the Glock, but had no clear advantage for being larger, the Kimber just had too many issues, and the bodyguard was only in .380 and no much smaller than the Glock.

Right out of the box I was hitting paper like I owned the gun for years. Add to that, the aftermarket for Glock is insane. Taran Tactical makes mag extensions for it too so you can increase it by +1 and +2. The +1 doesn't change its profile beyond the finger extension mag.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
So that gives it 8? Do you mind telling me what you paid for it?

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Actually I am more likely to be killed and robbed by a black guy for being white... its funny... NYC cabbies quit picking up blacks after dark because they were getting robbed by...BLACKS... and that was racist... Cops shoot thugs that shoot back and thats racist... but you makes comments against whites and thats ok??? you sir... are a racist!

youre not very likely to be killed for being white.

you sir a moron.. there is no hope for you.. that entire site is nothing but Liberal Extremist propaganda... get your head out of your ass... wake up... before its too late

everything you believe is based solely on propaganda.

It is too late he is too far gone from being brainwashed with propoganda.
Yes he is a racist pig, that does not understand the reasons he is allowed to be one is because the Christian Founders of our nation made it possible for him to tongue anus and slurp semen and still have an opinion in this World as well as get a free education from a Public University I presume.

im not racist and the nations founders werent all christian.

also 5 years of architecture school at USC (which is private) was about a quarter million dollars.

Yep, 6+1 is factory. The extensions then make it 7+1 or 8+1

which part of Jesus' teachings tells you about murdering anyone who wants to steal your TV? just wondering as i havent read the whole bible.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
"which part of Jesus' teachings tells you about murdering anyone who wants to steal your TV? just wondering as i havent read the whole bible."

Here is something racist for you...lol
Other than ethnic minorities whilst looting I don't believe ANYONE breaks into homes to steal TV's anymore, although I have no statistics to back that up.;)

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
For my NEMESIS HGH..lol

Did you know that more people have been killed with hammers and clubs in recent years than with any type of rifle?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Do you have statistics to support this? Also, who is more likely to be killed by a hammer? HGH or Raiden?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Do you have statistics to support this? Also, who is more likely to be killed by a hammer? HGH or Raiden?
RAIDEN inserts his "hammer" into HGH all the time and it hasnt killed him yet... therefore i will have to say it will be Raiden being killed slowly by hgh's "hammer" from the HIV...

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
For my NEMESIS HGH..lol

Did you know that more people have been killed with hammers and clubs in recent years than with any type of rifle?

Careful. The FBI statistics and leftists like to use the word "killings". The reason this is significant is because firearm killings equate to a very large number. However, when you break them up in to justifiable shootings vs murder, the numbers suddenly look very different. Killing = total, regardless of right or wrong.

On a final note, I think the last time the FBI published data was back in 2009. We have data showing that firearm related killings are WAY down since then, but for some reason, no one wants to publish the new numbers. It would go against everything the left is arguing. There are thousands and thousands more guns in the hands of people today than there were in 2009, but yet, killings and shootings are down

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic