Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

input welcomed

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Of course you do, wouldn't expect anything less from you :) Because you know everything and only preach the truth...wooooo hooooo....Raiden for family therapist!!!!!!!!

Butthurt much?

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Of course you do, wouldn't expect anything less from you :) Because you know everything and only preach the truth...wooooo hooooo....Raiden for family therapist!!!!!!!!

i love it when men try to have a rational discussion and then women interject with off-topic statements specifically tailored to derail all logic and elicit emotional responses.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Butthurt much?

lol, not at all...you have to know by now that you along with folks that share your opinions don't bother me :)

It comes down to you like things the way you like them, and I like things the way I like them.

I don't know about you but the way I like things works out just fine for me and anyone I associate with ;)

I'm not the one that screams about how others should/shouldn't live their lives.

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
i love it when men try to have a rational discussion and then women interject with off-topic statements specifically tailored to derail all logic and elicit emotional responses.

that's because you are very close to being a woman ;) and My thinking is more like men...I don't give a rat's ass what you and others do but man you can't help but try and stick your nose in everyone else's business

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Love and marriage are actually two separate things. Lemme explain.

Love is what someone feels for another. It is driven by emotion, much of it is good, some of it can be "distracting", so to speak.

Marriage, OTOH, is a contract by two people who love each other. One COULD simply define marriage as an ongoing negotiation between two people in order to coexist.

That said, anyone that tells you love alone is enough to make a marriage work hasn't been married long, or is on their third divorce.

I am a very modest person. My wife is too. We both like to look presentable without giving any false impressions. Short skirts in a professional setting for a woman, IMO, is inappropriate. It's also distracting at times, even to other women. (Yes, that's right, women talk behind your back about how skuzzy you look at the work place when you wear short skirts).

Insecurity? Why is wanting your wife to be modest insecure? WTF has happened to society that thinks this way? One should automatically assume that if a husband wants his wife's coworkers to be focused on how great of a worker she is, how intelligent she is, and how she got the job because she deserved it, is insecure?

Bottom line is, both people have to be on the same page. One way isn't better than the other, as long as you can agree. If one is doing something that other feels isn't appopriate, then it's important for them to discuss is and compromise, or negotiate, so to speak.

This is why my marriage works; because we believe in the same things. My wife wants to go to work and be looked at as an equal, without distractions, so she likes wearing really nice slacks with a pretty blouse or longer dresses/skirts.

This is how my wife likes to look for work for important meetings...

business-dress-2.jpg

She does have two outfits like this, but they are usually only worn for bigger meetings with corporate.

Dress-Professionally-in-Long-Sleeve-Women%E2%80%99s-Shirts-2.jpg

On a final note, I think we ALL need to keep in mind what kind of impression we leave on people. Shorter and shorter skirts with lower and lower necklines seems to be the thing these days, but, trust me on this, the women that keep things modest are WAY more respected over all than those that don't. The last 8 years of my life I have been thrown in to a world I never thought I would see and the knowledge and connections I have made is amazing. Seeing the top of the business and professional world is very interesting.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
Insecurity? Why is wanting your wife to be modest insecure?

Its not. But feeling disrespected to point it causes them problems is. Its just her clothes.

WTF has happened to society that thinks this way?

Tolerance the mutual respect your referring to maybe. Maybe its not as bad as it seems

One should automatically assume that if a husband wants his wife's coworkers to be focused on how great of a worker she is, how intelligent she is, and how she got the job because she deserved it, is insecure?

Absolutely not. But getting upset to the point you go get your contract...is. Tarzan never worried about what Jane was wearing.

Dont take this as me coming off as an authority on relationships because obviously, Ive failed more than once. However, in the grand scheme of truely important things and other compromises were are talking about clothes... not her banging her boss or the delivery guy. Thats a different thing all together.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Love and marriage are actually two separate things. Lemme explain.

Love is what someone feels for another. It is driven by emotion, much of it is good, some of it can be "distracting", so to speak.

Marriage, OTOH, is a contract by two people who love each other. One COULD simply define marriage as an ongoing negotiation between two people in order to coexist.

That said, anyone that tells you love alone is enough to make a marriage work hasn't been married long, or is on their third divorce.

I am a very modest person. My wife is too. We both like to look presentable without giving any false impressions. Short skirts in a professional setting for a woman, IMO, is inappropriate. It's also distracting at times, even to other women. (Yes, that's right, women talk behind your back about how skuzzy you look at the work place when you wear short skirts).

Insecurity? Why is wanting your wife to be modest insecure? WTF has happened to society that thinks this way? One should automatically assume that if a husband wants his wife's coworkers to be focused on how great of a worker she is, how intelligent she is, and how she got the job because she deserved it, is insecure?

Bottom line is, both people have to be on the same page. One way isn't better than the other, as long as you can agree. If one is doing something that other feels isn't appopriate, then it's important for them to discuss is and compromise, or negotiate, so to speak.

This is why my marriage works; because we believe in the same things. My wife wants to go to work and be looked at as an equal, without distractions, so she likes wearing really nice slacks with a pretty blouse or longer dresses/skirts.

This is how my wife likes to look for work for important meetings...

business-dress-2.jpg

She does have two outfits like this, but they are usually only worn for bigger meetings with corporate.

Dress-Professionally-in-Long-Sleeve-Women%E2%80%99s-Shirts-2.jpg

On a final note, I think we ALL need to keep in mind what kind of impression we leave on people. Shorter and shorter skirts with lower and lower necklines seems to be the thing these days, but, trust me on this, the women that keep things modest are WAY more respected over all than those that don't. The last 8 years of my life I have been thrown in to a world I never thought I would see and the knowledge and connections I have made is amazing. Seeing the top of the business and professional world is very interesting.

Exactly...men are pigs ..except HGH, he's , well I don't know how that works ask @schultz1 to explain that one. The hot girls at some of the places I've been, and they're business settings, get eyeball raped at least 100 times a day. I can say this tho, some of thee hottest women I've met are tough business women. I suspect some use that sugar to get the deal done then laugh at us....Hate that !!

ps and if you say you ain't a pig you're either a gay pig or lying

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012

were are talking about clothes... not her banging her boss or the delivery guy. Thats a different thing all together.

and that's the point, there is no reason to take it further than the bold..but for some reason folks can't stay on topic and have to blow shit out of proportion....that's why I never say more than two sentences because it just gets wasted...good on you babe for explaining your stance! :)

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
How short are we talking here? Do you have a pic of what we're discussing? Coz I'm thinking there's a whole realm of above knee that's not anywhere near indecent or inappropriate.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic