Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How to tell when a trainer sucks.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The best coaches help their clients reach their goals by learning what training technique or diet tip will produce the best results for that particular client. For example if you learn that your overweight client is eating a big bowl of ice-cream and a candy bar before bed you might tell him to cut out that snack. If your fat ass client gets bored easily and won't do cardio you might turn his weightlifting workout into more of a cardio session by having him do higher reps with no rest between exercises in a circuit fashion.

If a technique works in real life then it is not stupid, even if it is stupid in theory. If chasing chickens makes you a better boxer, then chase chickens. The name of the game is to produce results. Not to win debates.

You're not telling me anything you can't figure out as a trainer if you're not a moron. Of course you cater to clients to keep them coming back in and attempting to get them results. I fear your intention here was simply to make me look like a fool though and completely miss the point I made.

So, do you agree high reps is what is best for getting lean?

Do you believe carbs before bed automatically makes you get fat or stay fat?

Please, no more sidetracking or deflection. Just answer the questions.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
You're not telling me anything you can't figure out as a trainer if you're not a moron. Of course you cater to clients to keep them coming back in and attempting to get them results. I fear your intention here was simply to make me look like a fool though and completely miss the point I made.

Sorry cry baby but you don't need any help from me to look like an emotional fool--that ship sailed a long time ago. Now go sit in the corner and cry with Dr. Jim because nobody will play by your rules.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Sorry cry baby but you don't need any help from me to look like an emotional fool--that ship sailed a long time ago. Now go sit in the corner and cry with Dr. Jim because nobody will play by your rules.

Ah, and there it is. You had an agenda there. I assumed you would, yet again, avoid the questions and attack me personally. That's all you ever have, it seems. You just hated sitting by when there was no trouble, so you just had to stir it up yourself. Good job

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Guerillakiller is my trainer.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013

Actually there are a couple of reasons why you may not want to eat carbs before bed.
1) doing so can actually blunt your gh release
2) it will not help improve your insulin sensitivity which is done by avoiding carbs. It's better to consume your carbs around your workout.

As for high reps burning fat? That's utter bullshit.

This is no attack on you Shortz. We have debated similar issues before.

Last edited:
M

Mrloseit

Sep 11, 2014
A personal trainer , just like a doctor should know your past and current situation and where you are trying to go.

There some out there just have you jumping through hurdles without even asking a question smh bad trainer had a few of these.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Actually there are a couple of reasons why you may not want to eat carbs before bed.
1) doing so can actually blunt your gh release
2) it will not help improve your insulin sensitivity which is done by avoiding carbs. It's better to consume your carbs around your workout.

As for high reps burning fat? That's utter bullshit.

This is no attack on you Shortz. We have debated similar issues before.

And a reason why you'd want to eat carbs before bed is if you have a hard training session the morning after.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic