Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How to tell when a trainer sucks.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The first thing that tips you off it's going to be an assclown is the fact he/she is a "trainer". lol

Hey now! I was a trainer!

I would piss off the other trainers though, because I refused to do the stupid shit they did, and I would debate their stupid theories with both evidence based and peer reviewed studies and through real world application from top level trainers. I pissed off my boss so much, she started stealing my clients. Haha! THe ****!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Hey now! I was a trainer!I would piss off the other trainers though, because I refused to do the stupid shit they did, and I would debate their stupid theories with both evidence based and peer reviewed studies and through real world application from top level trainers. I pissed off my boss so much, she started stealing my clients. Haha! THe ****!
WHAT? YOU would piss people off and debate them... I call bullshit on that one... :D

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
If you have been doing this long enough and the right way you can tell which "trainers" know fact from fiction... it isn't rocket surgery... I have actually "coached" a couple of the staff "trainers" at the gym I frequent now... and they actually listened and learned...

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
If you have been doing this long enough and the right way you can tell which "trainers" know fact from fiction... it isn't rocket surgery... I have actually "coached" a couple of the staff "trainers" at the gym I frequent now... and they actually listened and learned...

Rocket surgery? Is that a hybrid between rocket science and brain surgery? Brilliant.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I agree with your points and there are some of the exceptions out there....those are the few and far between and hold the most value. However for the average "trainer", the money is in the camps and the one on one sessions to get the Moms and the pleasantly plumpers off the couch and their head out of the ben n jerry's section.

THe commerical gym "trainers" are a fukking joke and for the few that know me personally, they know that I'll say anything to anyone and I've had words with more than one when I saw them trying to teach a deadlift or squat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stepping on toes but I offer sound advice and "suggest" an alternative initially.....except this one snotnose little 160lb'er no more than 5'5....was cocky/arrogant and a clear example of the article I posted. Just an absolute embarassment to himself and I made it known.

...and got my membership revoked as a result.

ha!! sounds familiar brother, same situation, different state..my particular run in with the ''trainer''( I know he was one, it said so on his shirt) happened at world gym.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
WHAT? YOU would piss people off and debate them... I call bullshit on that one... :D

It was shit like "High reps and circuit training if you want to get lean"..."no carbs before bed"...

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
It was shit like "High reps and circuit training if you want to get lean"..."no carbs before bed"...

The best coaches help their clients reach their goals by learning what training technique or diet tip will produce the best results for that particular client. For example if you learn that your overweight client is eating a big bowl of ice-cream and a candy bar before bed you might tell him to cut out that snack. If your fat ass client gets bored easily and won't do cardio you might turn his weightlifting workout into more of a cardio session by having him do higher reps with no rest between exercises in a circuit fashion.

If a technique works in real life then it is not stupid, even if it is stupid in theory. If chasing chickens makes you a better boxer, then chase chickens. The name of the game is to produce results. Not to win debates.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
The straight bill on the hat is a dead giveaway.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
The straight bill on the hat is a dead giveaway.

I resent that comment. Entirely too judgmental.

I flatbill my softball hats and overcurve others.

I don't see what the problem is....

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I resent that comment. Entirely too judgmental.

I flatbill my softball hats and overcurve others.

I don't see what the problem is....

And I don't see what the problem is with being 5'5. Except if I were 160 I'd be like 3% body fat.

Reactions: 5.0
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic