Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How to tell when a trainer sucks.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I resent that comment. Entirely too judgmental.

I flatbill my softball hats and overcurve others.

I don't see what the problem is....

The problem is flat bill hats dont go with skinny jeans and Uggs. Too hard to pull off bro.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
The problem is flat bill hats dont go with skinny jeans and Uggs. Too hard to pull off bro.

Pfffffttttt that ship sailed a long time ago. Come up with some new material.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
its the thing that it doesnt matter if someone is watching you or not
gym is not a scientific lab with what they call it? the beobachtung beeinflußt den versuch
observation is changing the objective matter

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
gym is not a scientific lab with what they call it? the beobachtung beeinflußt den versuch

Go fukk yourself with a cactus. Everyone has told you many times that you're not welcomed here and you provide no value.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011

The snozberries taste like snozberries.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
The snozberries taste like snozberries.

but sometimes when everybody says "hey you little snozberry!!!" - then little snozberry dont suck the water out of the ground and all those minerals and supplements and it doesn't make exercises with good effort and it only says "look at my great snoozy color" but in fact the brightness is fading out, it's getting grey, fale and crumpy.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI, not sure if you still do OL or if that's in your past, but . . . . .

most of the trainers in my former gym might (might) know how to jerk it, but they wouldn't know a good snatch if they saw one.

I'm not Oly lifting anymore but I'm toying with teaching/coaching it and I may put snatch pulls/high pulls back in my program (Oly assisting lifts). 95% of the people out there have no idea how to properly perform a snatch be it muscle, power, or squat snatch. More times than not, people press the bar and not jerk it. I was a fan/advocate of power jerking. I wasn't a fan of split jerks and I didn't the flexibility to be a squat jerker (although most aren't able to either)...

Hey now! I was a trainer!

See..... I rest my case. lol

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I saw this trainer the other day... He stands at about 5'3" and weighs in about 100 lbs. He's gotta be a charity case hire.

A kid asked me if his squat form was good and we talked for a bit - some sinewy teenager looking like Napoleon Dynamite...

He then says he's late for his appointment. It's with the Smurf trainer.

The smurf trainer takes him to the deadlift platform, gives him one of those 10 lbs rubber rods and tells him how to squat. Quarter squats. He tells the kid to look at the ground before each rep to make sure his back is rounded. I kept my cool - my plan was to speak with the teenager afterwards to make sure he erased this whole conversation from memory...

The midget tells the kid, "if you use the rack," (I was squatting in the rack beside them at the time...) "make sure put the safety bars high in case you can't lift the weight."

I told the kid to show the trainer how deep he could squat. He does. The trainer tells the kid, with his back turned to me, "Yeah, but I'm here to keep you safe, not to get your squat deeper."

I kept my cool and waited for the trainer to bounce. As he was leaving he mentions that he doesn't know much about squats and that another trainer would be better for him to work with if that was what he was interested in.

Luckily I got a chance to speak with the teenager and tell him which trainer to link with... And of course to stay as far away as possible from the vertically-challenged asshole.

The trainer avoids me at all costs now. He will change his clients' workout routines around if I'm at a station he needs to be using.

That's the only time I felt like talking to a manager and suggesting he be shit-canned... I'm all for someone making money to support their lives, but this dickhead is gonna hurt someone.

Oh, and I saw him this morning on his knees, balancing on his stomach, on a yoga ball, doing reverse flies, holding the 3lbs pink weights. He bounced the weights off the ball at the bottom of the movement.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Today Everyone is a "trainer" or at least thinks they are. I have owned gyms and private studios both. I have people come in and ask "you hiring?" so I ask for what type of position?? They always say "I want to be a trainer". Are you licensed/certified? "nope", do you have experience? "umm yea I like to work out", what I mean is have you ever trained people before and understand how to train different people with different physical and possibly medical limitations? "ummm well I train my buddy now and again", Let's say a lady comes in and wants you to train her what do you do first? "I like to start them off by making them do some lunges and squats to see how strong they are" WOW.. nice, so you don't even sit down and ask if they have any possible physical limitation that lunges and squats might cause them to get hurt? "well.. yea.. I do that" Oh great.. what do you ask them? "umm I say can you do lunges and stuff like that?". Sounds good.. GET OUT OF MY GYM!!!

Now my biggest issue with Trainers is talking on their cell phones, updating facebook, texting people while they are suppose to be training. How in the hell can you train someone when you are not even paying attention to your client? I see this all the time.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Has anyone ever seen the dateline or 48hours episode about the guy who was a trainer that murdered his girlfriend and turned out to be an imposter?
a long long time ago, I was a trainer and I wildcatter at a new LA Fitness because I had a client who wanted to go there. Their staff trainers were by and large morons. Including one guy who made every client do db swings. One of the trainers, Brian, was a special idiot. Later one of the gyms I trained at got taken over by new management, one of the staff trainers they hired was Brian. I was offered a chance to join, I declined.
a couple years later, I'm watching the dateline or whatever and there he is.

OlympianAthletics

OlympianAthletics

Aug 18, 2014
Has anyone ever seen the dateline or 48hours episode about the guy who was a trainer that murdered his girlfriend and turned out to be an imposter?
a long long time ago, I was a trainer and I wildcatter at a new LA Fitness because I had a client who wanted to go there. Their staff trainers were by and large morons. Including one guy who made every client do db swings. One of the trainers, Brian, was a special idiot. Later one of the gyms I trained at got taken over by new management, one of the staff trainers they hired was Brian. I was offered a chance to join, I declined.
a couple years later, I'm watching the dateline or whatever and there he is.

That's pretty intense for sure. As a trainer and company owner myself there are various things to look for when interviewing a potential new trainer(as with any job). I don't think I have ever hired anyone that went on to become a killer though... I must say that I am proud of that fact. I guess that just shows that a bad trainer can kill you ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic