Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

HCG Diet

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
a guy i work with is doing this and has lost about 50lbs i think(ill confirm monday)and he says its pretty easy to follow...i dont think i could do it i go 5hrs without food and im hatin it.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
The premise of the HCG diet is suppression of the A2 receptors. When I was studying biochem HCG during pregnancy was one of the areas of focus. HCG during the first trimester supresses A2 receptors allowing the mother unfettered access to fat stores in order to support the growing fetus. The diet utilizes HCG injections coupled with an extreme calorie deficit to force the body to burn fat stores....people dis the shit outta this diet, but I've seen the results first hand.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My point in case hcg controling the hunger response of the low calories.

The premise of the HCG diet is suppression of the A2 receptors. When I was studying biochem HCG during pregnancy was one of the areas of focus. HCG during the first trimester supresses A2 receptors allowing the mother unfettered access to fat stores in order to support the growing fetus. The diet utilizes HCG injections coupled with an extreme calorie deficit to force the body to burn fat stores....people dis the shit outta this diet, but I've seen the results first hand.

What about the people using the hcg "pill" - how can their success be explained versus placebo?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010

Good stuff bro, I agree.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
well this is all good info I thought this was going to be a flamed post. Now i guess its time to sift through all the BS.

First Question - which HCG is legit and does it work if take orally?

Second - What is the restrictions of the diet these people are following? I saw youtube that they are eating some kind of pretzel for the grain? 2 servings 2ox protein 2 servings fruit 2 veg 2 grain?????

Third - it say drink coffee and tea all you want, does this include diet soda?

fourth - what is up with the b12 and can it be taken orally?

Last edited:
NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011

So shouldn't the studies show a higher rate of fatloss for the HCG group vs placebo? Have you compared the results of HCG vs non-HCG on a 500cal diet? In multiple in vitro studies lipolysis and lipogenesis were not impacted. Heck here is another double blind study proving the ineffectiveness of HCG on fatloss Chorionic gonadotropin in weight control. A double-blin... [JAMA. 1976] - PubMed - NCBI

Follow the science on this one people it's not the HCG causing the weightloss.

Ran across this as well: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365103/pdf/brjclinpharm00004-0042.pdf

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
So shouldn't the studies show a higher rate of fatloss for the HCG group vs placebo? Have you compared the results of HCG vs non-HCG on a 500cal diet? In multiple in vitro studies lipolysis and lipogenesis were not impacted. Heck here is another double blind study proving the ineffectiveness of HCG on fatloss Chorionic gonadotropin in weight control. A double-blin... [JAMA. 1976] - PubMed - NCBI

Follow the science on this one people it's not the HCG causing the weightloss.

Ran across this as well: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365103/pdf/brjclinpharm00004-0042.pdf

I'm not soley convinced either bro, these are just possibilities and not proven . it's possible in men for fat loss with hcg stimulating T levels and an indirect effect of androgens which inhibit the ability of some fat cells to store lipids by blocking a signal transduction pathway that normally supports adipocyte function. Also, androgens, but not estrogens, increase beta adrenergic receptors while decreasing alpha adrenergic receptors- which results in increased levels of epinephrine/ norepinephrine due to lack of alpha-2 receptor negative feedback and decreased fat accumulation due to epinephrine/ norepinephrine then acting on lipolysis-inducing beta receptors.

Looks like everyone will have to try it for them selves. I'd rather use GH lol

if anything those with low hormones is the main way it's working by increasing hormone levels if it is imo.

Those studies sertainly don't look to promising for hcg and fat loss. lol

Last edited:
TexasSoldier

TexasSoldier

Sep 30, 2011
I won't pretend to know a lot about this diet... But it sounds unhealthy to me. The body is meant to eat a variety of food and way more than 500 calories a day! It just sounds risky.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic