Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HCG Diet

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
So I just ran into a chick that was a little chunky before and now she dropped a ton of weight and was looking good. This happened quick. She said it was the HCG diet? I looked it up and its HCG with 500 cals? Anyone have more info? It look like it worked good for her.....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A lot of the brands so to speak use an oral HCG. HCG isn't orally active though. Just another starvation diet that you'll rebound from IMO. otherwise I don't understand the relationship between injectable HCG and fat loss.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Extreme caloric restriction works pretty well if you don't care about muscle loss. It really has nothing to do with HCG, it's not healthy, what more info do you need? Simeons started it back in 1971 in a weight loss book, the 500 cals should throw up all kinds of red flags for you. Hell HCG even via inject isn't shown to impact fatloss in adults at all let alone healthy ones.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
My wife did the HCG diet and lost around 25 pounds.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I dont know how you could do a 500 cal diet....I think i would go nuts

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
There are LH receptors in other areas of the body. Of special interest are those in the peripheral (emotional) centers of the brain. I'm wondering if hcg is effecting (helping) in this maner in some of those seeing succes with it.
HCG perhaps stimulating these receptors or helping to control hunger in this manner would be my guess.

(being a biochemical individuality thing, some it seems to help and alot it does not)

Last edited:
Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
its weird the amount of positive feedback you see. Even if it is all mental at least people are dropping lbs....

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Part science and again a guess but it's possible also do to the fact LH also increases conversion of CHOL to PREG, which then provides the building blocks for many important hormones. Hormones being in some women sluggish affect all kind of things like insulin resistance, example is women with PSO syndrome who have a terrible time with weight loss being insulin resistant. Possible benefical effect of hcg, and again this is only a theory.
In those with normal hormonal balance hcg doesn't do much at all over good dieting.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
So to summarize , wrap this whole possible affect of hcg dieting could be The HCG keeps T and other hormone levels up while starving, and also affect the emotional centers of the brain to stave off hunger.

Then the 450-500kcal/day diet can be maintained.

Is the only way "sceintificaly besides the placebo affect" hcg is helping people to loose weight IMO.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Did she rebound? What was the diet like after the HCG diet. How long did it run?

She only gained back 4 pounds. Said it was the easiest diet she ever did and that she did not even feel hungry.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic