Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yeah man, the gheyness is running rampart around here, lol. Even I got infected. We're all making changes, becoming healthier while trying to maintain our strength.

I just wanna look good in these Ugg boots, man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
In case anyone still pays attention to this training log I wanted to reflect on some things for our mutual benefit.

I've gone back to sitting for long periods of time for the majority of my waking hours. Over the Summer, I spent most of my time training my puppy, playing with the kids at the pool, drinking beers and using newly acquired tools to build a ton of shit for our new house. I was on my feet for most of the day, barefoot on concrete at the pool or in the garage, walking in flip flops all the time... I gained a bunch of bad weight through poor eating habits and copious amounts of alcohol and noticed my feet and ankles were hurting really bad. Pain akin to post-basketball or post-running for us big guys. I think the added weight and lack of arch support lead to some pretty interesting compensation by my lower body and, even though it's gradually getting better, it's still bothering me.

Enter the Fall semester: sitting in class for hours every day, coming home to hunch over drawing after drawing, rarely getting up to stretch and mostly drawing from a shitty posture. Now my lower back is fucking killing me.

I did zero mobility work all Summer, did weird (for me) sporadic physical activity (volleyball at the pool, swimming a ton, playing in the waves at the beach for a week, long-stretches of woodworking) and my body has become a tight fuxking mess!

Went to the gym yesterday feeling like I had endured a marathon squat session days before but I hadn't been under the bar in months. Very acute realization of how awful I've treated myself lately.

Went through some mobility exercises and could barely touch my toes. Stretched out my hips and glutes and lost crazy range of motion. Noticed my hips crunching a whole lot at the femur insert while doing all this shit too. Did 15 total sets of a combination comprised of rows and pulldowns and noticed my upper back growing super tight. Stretched my chest and it was very sore - felt like I benched heavy the day prior.

It's wild how my decrepit posture and lack of attention allowed my body to revert back to this knotted ball of garbage... And it took less than two months.

Also recognized was the lack of lower back pain upon stretching out my hamstrings and glutes. I have a feeling both my psoas are extra tight also and will be testing that out today when I go to hit the bench. Noted is the total lack of improvement in my shoulder during this break from lifting. It feels as if I've been benching this whole time. No clue what's causing that but I suspect it has to do with detrimental angles of severe tension caused by tight musculature. I'll be looking into this further. The point of pain is still in the AC joint and continues to fuxk with my sleep and my spooning ability with Wifey. No Bueno.

On a good note, back muscles are crazy sore and I think I've reinvigorated my drive to better myself. Hoping for it to stick - will probably hit the gym after class so I'm not dealing with all the "hey bro - thought you quit" rhetoric from those who never checked on me during my absence.

Will get back into form soon enough. For now it's just day to day with no expectations, just a bit of hope.

Weight: 297.4 lbs

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Life can get in the way at times but don't let it get you down. You'll get back to your "old" self in no time.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Yesterday was some chest stuff and it really aggravated my shoulder. Flat bench humbled me as 225 felt dumb heavy and I hit that for 5 (yeah, 5...), did some light explosive hammer strength presses followed by even lighter cable flies. Then I bounced Was more concerned with stretching my pecs and hamstrings between sets to ward off discomfort than to handle anything remotely heavy. Chest and tris are torched right now, as is my back. Swag.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Do you have a plan to address all these issues?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Been picking some anatomy students' brains in my botanical drawing class regarding antagonist muscles and balance. Found out one of em competes and is old homies with John Rivas - doesn't relate to your question but pretty cool.

The shoulder pain I'm hoping can get fixed by mashing my upper back and trying to increase chest flexibility through stretching, mashing and improved posture. Lower back pain should subside with consistent mobility work and by losing some of this weight.

I'm coming up with this all on the spot, kinda brain dumping here... So in answer to your question: Hi, my name is GA. I'm a doucher and I have no plan.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'm on my way back too bro. Peaks and valleys, that's all. You're leading a better life than ever since we met....keep on doing you and the good stuff will continue to happen.

Isn't it funny how much better we eat when we train? It should be the opposite but ice cream tastes better at 11:30 at night for some reason....

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'm on my way back too bro. Peaks and valleys, that's all. You're leading a better life than ever since we met....keep on doing you and the good stuff will continue to happen.

Isn't it funny how much better we eat when we train? It should be the opposite but ice cream tastes better at 11:30 at night for some reason....

Good stuff, homie. And you're right - I can't get but so upset. I'm a very lucky person.

How sore are you though after starting your comeback? It's kinda freaky how many muscles I impacted in my first two pussy workouts.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
So, now that you are back, when is our next Saturday workout? I am not gonna comment on your lay out, happens to everyone. I dont feel better about myself for you taking time away, and we do not have to make small talk :D

Seriously, glad to see you getting back into the swing of it. Sucks to hear about your shoulder getting aggravated on bench, though. Does incline or overhead pressing fuck with your shoulder at all?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Good stuff, homie. And you're right - I can't get but so upset. I'm a very lucky person.

How sore are you though after starting your comeback? It's kinda freaky how many muscles I impacted in my first two pussy workouts.

I was sore AF the first couple weeks. Even now, my foot is killing me today after walking around the fucking zoo (still this g-damn heel won't heal properly)....so I won't squat or pull for a few days, but I'll throw up a bunch of reps via pullups, bench, mil press, upper body shit. It's all that I can do for now and took me a minute to mentally accept it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic