Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
In for 40 minutes of hypertrophy. Incline was horrid, overhead press was with quarter plates and the rest was light dumbbells and a cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Deadlifts again because I'm not flexible enough to get to depth on squats yet. Will be sitting in the hole every training day holding a band to try and gain that flexibility back. Almost got 2 sets of 8 with 315... dropped the bar and pissed off one of the trainers. He's new there but thinks I'm new there. He gave me the ol' "if you can't set it down quietly it's too much weight for you." I was at a loss for words for a few minutes after that...

Busted out some seated leg curls, dumbbell shrugs, various curls and bounced in under 45 minutes.
Currently looking like John Goodman from The Big Lebowski.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
You made it back in, that's progress
Very true. Looks like I'll be able to easily get in there Mondays and Wednesdays on my way home from class as well as early Sunday afternoons. Will be concocting a plan to fit that type of schedule. Don't wanna spend more than an hour in there each training session either. The next two years will just increase in artistic workload so jumping headfirst into another training cycle won't help my grades or my family life. I do, however, need to get healthy and stay that way as soon as possible. This training log will be boring as hell for a while - it'll serve as a journal though, for accountability-sake.

For those who question, a return to the platform is inevitable, just not immediate.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Are you able to do your conditioning on those days are can you do them on other days?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Its that light colored liquor you like so much lol. I told you that shit you can see through is dangerous :D

Glad you got some support in the decision to lay off the alcohol. It can be shitty trying to do something when people around you are all going a different direction. And those are solid reasons. How long you got left with school?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Are you able to do your conditioning on those days are can you do them on other days?

I doubt it. I'm not buying a sled or dragging tires in my neighborhood nor does my gym have that. They have battle ropes I could fuck with after my lifting maybe, but only if I have the time. "No more than an hour" is my rule for now. I can't afford to let powerlifting take over like it has in the past - there's not enough hours in the day for that and the workload I'll have this semester.

I've merely planned daily brisk walks in the afternoons after class and the same in the mornings with the puppy when the weather permits.

Oh shit... something funny: I just added a Friday class called Embedded Sketchbook with this extremely successful illustrator. Thought we would walk around the city and draw what we saw... turns out we take hikes around the river and draw what we saw. At my weight, that shit is considered conditioning, right?

I'm not looking to make extreme changes all at once... Eventually would like a stricter diet but for now I'm just gonna try and make smarter decisions.

Here's the list of changes I've already made since the New Year:
No alcohol for 30 days
Train for no more than 60 minutes 3x a week
Dog walks 2x daily (weather permitting)
Track calories/macros

I'll let this settle for awhile until it becomes routine, then probably try and swing the IIFYM plan in a caloric deficit.

Thoughts?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Its that light colored liquor you like so much lol. I told you that shit you can see through is dangerous :D

Glad you got some support in the decision to lay off the alcohol. It can be shitty trying to do something when people around you are all going a different direction. And those are solid reasons. How long you got left with school?
Probably two years left in school. And I can't remember the last time I was drinking clear liquor. Got on a bourbon/scotch trip and went a bit too far...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think those are good goals you listed. Solid plan. It's tough to stick to a strict diet with school, work, and everything else.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Chest hypertrophy today. Talked myself out of the McDonalds drive-thru just now. Baby steps...

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Chest hypertrophy today. Talked myself out of the McDonalds drive-thru just now. Baby steps...

Good work on avoiding that mcdees drive thru bro. Too easy to eat that shit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic