Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
But what I really want to know is........ How is your OHP?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
With Elite totals being put on the back burner until I graduate, looks like the next best thing would be at least get in the fucking gym. It's been 6 months since I lifted anything other than a pen, so I'm hoping to train at least three times a week for the next three weeks to establish a routine - also cutting out alcohol during this time. The lifting shouldn't be too hard to achieve considering I'm out of school until January 17th... the drinking is going to be torture. Have put on a ton of unhealthy weight and climbed back into the 310's with ease. Back fat rolls, lower back pain, lack of mobility, copious craft beers and high-fat food, last-minute lazy meal choices, lack of sleep... shit has gotten out of control.

Lots of weak shit has kept me out of the gym too: I grow anxious anticipating the annoying people who are gonna bother the shit out of me, my kids don't look forward to going anymore, Wifey bailed on the lifting over a year ago, my old lifting partners and I have stayed out of touch since before I stopped lifting... expecting some awkwardness in many places upon my return. I wish I could rock a shirt that said, "I have love for y'all... but gimme three months before we fucking speak. I need to get my shit together." I'll try this with big headphones and hoodies.

Shit is sad... but TID is where I've overcome many obstacles, so where better to vent as I embark on another tumultuous adventure of self-pity and lost pride?

Here's to breaking a sweat, burning some calories and fitting back into all the clothes I bought last Spring. Maybe I can get there by Summer smh.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Felt pretty good to be back in there. Too bad I'll only make it in there when Team Fuckboi is in full effect. Friday mornings, maybe one early afternoon a week and a Saturday or Sunday session is the plan. Morning walks with the puppy on deck, too. Sucks I have the toughest semester yet to face amidst all this unhealthiness.

Don't even ask what I lifted today.
Cue the violins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Get in when you can, how you can, and do what you can. School is a giant pain in the ass as far as time consumption so I feel your feels on that. Sucks about the weight increase and shit going on but I got a feeling you are not gonna let it keep you down too much. As always, let me know if you want to hit the gym any kind of weekend. I actually have to plan shit out now with my Nazi bosses but as long as I give them some notice it isnt too hard to blow off work lol.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Get in when you can, how you can, and do what you can. School is a giant pain in the ass as far as time consumption so I feel your feels on that. Sucks about the weight increase and shit going on but I got a feeling you are not gonna let it keep you down too much. As always, let me know if you want to hit the gym any kind of weekend. I actually have to plan shit out now with my Nazi bosses but as long as I give them some notice it isnt too hard to blow off work lol.
Gimme a month or so at least - I sadly benched 225 yesterday for sets of 10, 8, 7... barely got the 7th rep. This morning I feel like Wolverine ripped through my chest while on a whiskey binge. Elbows are also a bit sore today smh. Vagina.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Shared the platform with some fuckboi that's on a no carb, 900 calorie diet, doing his own version of 531 that has him warm up with 40% of his mac for three sets, then jumps into 80% for 5, 85% for 3, 90% for 1. I almost had an aneurism listening to that bullshit. I had nothing to report other than pulling 315 for 8 and being a pussy the rest of the workout.

316.6 lbs

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
80x5
85x3
90x1

that is definitely taking 5/3/1 to a weird level of use. I am not always for doing exactly what a program says but I think doing what you want like that probably means you should no longer tell people you are doing that other person's program lol.

How hard was that 315x8 pull?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
80x5
85x3
90x1

that is definitely taking 5/3/1 to a weird level of use. I am not always for doing exactly what a program says but I think doing what you want like that probably means you should no longer tell people you are doing that other person's program lol.

How hard was that 315x8 pull?

It was tiring as fuck and I'm still sore from it. I'm bringing straps in next time because that's the only reason I stopped it at 8.

That dude is an asshat anyway. He's been medically discharged from the Army for back problems and quarter squats with the pad on the bar. His wife went to high school with me and he found out so now he's inviting me to no limit poker nights all the time. I told him the first day I met him that I'd never poke her....

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
just stay in the habit of going to the gym and focus on the diet, it will fall into place when time is right, just keep going (cue AA phrase now)

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
just stay in the habit of going to the gym and focus on the diet, it will fall into place when time is right, just keep going (cue AA phrase now)

Speaking of AA... it's been a week since my last drink. It's been torture. Been snowed in for days and have hosted some pot lucks in the neighborhood. Still had fun but extra tempting... especially when it starts to get late and everyone is hammered around you.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
I probably missed it due to my lack of reading comprehension.... in fact I probably quote the post you give the reason, but why no drinking? Also, I second shultz's line of thinking. Get a somewhat consistent diet and get in the gym as you can, but really you are in no hurry to deadlift or squat 1000 pounds.... it will still be a half-ton if you get to it next year :D

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I probably missed it due to my lack of reading comprehension.... in fact I probably quote the post you give the reason, but why no drinking? Also, I second shultz's line of thinking. Get a somewhat consistent diet and get in the gym as you can, but really you are in no hurry to deadlift or squat 1000 pounds.... it will still be a half-ton if you get to it next year :D

Too many blackouts have equaled bad decisions, dietarily and socially. I don't know what happened... I drink half as much as I used to and I don't remember the last half of the evening. I'm not physically dependent on it, which I found out by stopping cold turkey, nor was I doing shit like drinking before noon... but I've been getting mean and the kids noticed I was bent the other night - not a good look. Time for reevaluation. Luckily my neighbors have all been cool about it - no one trying to peer pressure or avoid me, which I've seen happen on countless occasions.

I have four studio classes starting on Monday also. I can't draw and drink so that'll help out a ton, too. Not that I drink therefore don't finish assignments - that hasn't been a problem either. I just don't drink so I can finish assignments... which should let me stretch this no-alcohol thing a bit further. FML.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic