What's New?

BulletProof

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
No training again today, Shoulder is still jacked

More importantly I worked from 745-930

I just walked in the door. This is starting to become a burden, I am going to train tomorrow morning no matter what. I'll just go in late it's very important for my sanity at this point 2 days without training is too many. I'm looking for some bench accessory work tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to floor press if it works good, if not oh well. I may even push through. Any suggestions are appreciated, my psyche can't tolerate another bi/tri workout.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Today was the literal first day my shoulder felt like it could take benching, so I manned up and fucking did it... here are the results
Speedwork bench day: Just me and my friend working in together, no rest at all 1 after the other only time to rest was the time to change the weight.
135x3
135x3
230x3
280x3
300x3
320x3
320x3
320x3
320x3 - Starting to slow down on 3rd rep, didn't want to take a chance on tweaking my shoulder so I called it lucky and counted my stars. God gave me alot of them, so I moved on to the next excersise, very thankful I can bench again without pain.

Flat bench lockouts 10 second hold:
315x10 seconds
405x10 seconds
495x10 seconds
515x10 seconds

the reason for the 495-515 lockout is because my friend grabbed the bar during the 495 and I felt some of the pressure alleiviate from my hands and wrists. So I bumped it up a notch to get some cns work in, all of these I unracked myself. After finally feeling 515 in my hands I think within the year it will be a feasible bench press, this is also the first time I've ever ran tren or halotestin.

Tricep pressdowns
165x12
Stackx8
Stack+10x12
Stack+10x8

After this I decided I was lucky to finally get some good heavy consistent work in so I decided it was time for me to leave. My bench has greatly degraded due to this injury however the weight feels light in my hands so I know I will be back up over four hundred pounds very shortly. My diet was some mcdonalds this morning and some rockstar energy drinks. I haven't eaten anything since the workout but I am in the process of moving so we shall see. Any advice please feel free. Thanks a bunch for reading

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We use gear differently in powerlifting. We don't care about bf% but we try to keep it somewhat reasonable. We don't train for hypertrophy so we don't have such comic book size but we do look big and mean. And we use a lot of gear to maintain PR's.

I wouldn't agree with those generalizations. Not all PLers use a lot of gear to maintaining their strength and there are PLers who do hypertrophy work. Brandon Lilly being one of those who does hypertrophy work (the creator of the Cube Method). We don't do it for aesthetics though. We do it so our bodies can hold the weight easier b/c it's being spread over a larger muscle.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Nice benchwork Superman. Glad to see you back at it.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Nice benchwork Superman. Glad to see you back at it.
Thanks its going to

be a slow crawl back to where I wqs but atleast there wasnt terrible pain today. That is the most important thing. Hopefully the shoulder holds out for squats tomorrow!

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Box squats just below parallel
barx2
135x2
225x2
315x2
365x1
405x1
425x1
started feeling tweaks in my lower back, the weight was extremely light

leg press
665x5
845x10
845x8

reverse hyperextentions:
bodyweightx20

After that I was done, decent session nothing to write homw about but after a horrific shoulder injury its what I gotta do.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I had legs today also. I too had some pinching in my lower back on box squats. But box squats for me are not parallel because I'm so short. Regardless, I wonder if it has to do with my hips shifting when I hit the box(bench).

good work bro.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Good job on the squats !

Good to see you were pain free with the bench

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
I work a very strenuous physical job, I work demolition and remodel of condemned homes.

Me too man! I work like someone is whipping me sometimes LOL.. Makes it hard to gain quality weight doesn't it? I just became a follower thanks to that comment.. good luck bro!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I had legs today also. I too had some pinching in my lower back on box squats. But box squats for me are not parallel because I'm so short. Regardless, I wonder if it has to do with my hips shifting when I hit the box(bench).

good work bro.

Could be. When you say hips shifting you mean like tucking your butt under you? If so you have to just focus on keeping that arch thru the whole lift and squeezing the glutes.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I wouldn't agree with those generalizations. Not all PLers use a lot of gear to maintaining their strength and there are PLers who do hypertrophy work. Brandon Lilly being one of those who does hypertrophy work (the creator of the Cube Method). We don't do it for aesthetics though. We do it so our bodies can hold the weight easier b/c it's being spread over a larger muscle.

I could be more specific... We don't do exclusive hypertrophy work such as a bodybuilder that performs deadlifts for high reps. But elite level PL's are using a lot of gear. There is no doubt about that as far as I have seen.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Could be. When you say hips shifting you mean like tucking your butt under you? If so you have to just focus on keeping that arch thru the whole lift and squeezing the glutes.

Yes. well I used to sit and take the weight off my legs almost entirely and have to rock foward to stand back up. I don't do that anymore. Now I just stop on the box and reverse direction. For some reason something shifts if I hit the box too hard. It may be my hips rolling under a bit. I'm going to have to experiment.
Thanks POB. Sorry Superman, don't want to bloat up your log thread.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic