Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How can I go from flat to round butt?

zachharris

zachharris

Aug 8, 2015
You mentioned that you sit all day at work. One problem that causes is a posterior pelvic tilt, a postural dysfunction. Meaning that your hip bones are tilted back as if your tailbone is being tucked under you.

If you want your butt to seem bigger, you can first correct that with some exercises like dead bugs, scissor kicks, or back to wall arm slides. The major focus is keeping a neutral spine and especially maintaining a small arch in the back. Did these small things with a client with a similar problem once a week for about 5 weeks and her posture is so much better.

The previous comments and exercises suggested are spot on. But you said that you don't feel them in your butt. Again, sitting a lot can cause your butt muscles to deactivate. So when you have been squatting your butt muscles may not be turning on. A way to train them to activate is adding glute activators in your warm-ups. Mini-band walks (side to side with band around ankles), monster band walks, glute bridges, and glute pulsing are great to wake up your glutes during your warm-up. Then when you do the main exercises they will be turned on. They will begin working as they should and you will feel it.

Hope this helps!

F

Feistychica305

TID Lady Member
Sep 12, 2015
Hack squat machine until you hear the machine hit the middle then force your way back up. This is amazing. Also plyometrics is great. Try grabbing a bench and lunging with your back foot on the bench, do this as supersets. First round 4X20 with weight then do supersets without any weight. You should feel this in your glutes. Also talk to your trainer about deadlifts. Go heavy but only with proper technique. Keep us posted. This worked for me!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Excellent thread!.... Sorry LK, couldn't resist!...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You mentioned that you sit all day at work. One problem that causes is a posterior pelvic tilt, a postural dysfunction. Meaning that your hip bones are tilted back as if your tailbone is being tucked under you.

If you want your butt to seem bigger, you can first correct that with some exercises like dead bugs, scissor kicks, or back to wall arm slides. The major focus is keeping a neutral spine and especially maintaining a small arch in the back. Did these small things with a client with a similar problem once a week for about 5 weeks and her posture is so much better.

The previous comments and exercises suggested are spot on. But you said that you don't feel them in your butt. Again, sitting a lot can cause your butt muscles to deactivate. So when you have been squatting your butt muscles may not be turning on. A way to train them to activate is adding glute activators in your warm-ups. Mini-band walks (side to side with band around ankles), monster band walks, glute bridges, and glute pulsing are great to wake up your glutes during your warm-up. Then when you do the main exercises they will be turned on. They will begin working as they should and you will feel it.

Hope this helps!

Damit man, super post!...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Oh how I missed Dr. Jitsu ol

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
So is a squat a quad exercise or a glute exercise? I say keep your butt back and it’ll work your glutes more. Moving your knees further forward works more quad. Be aware of how it feels to you. Everyone is built differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So is a squat a quad exercise or a glute exercise? I say keep your butt back and it’ll work your glutes more. Moving your knees further forward works more quad. Be aware of how it feels to you. Everyone is built differently.

When I was doing squats I would alternate between narrow stance and wide.....The closer my feet were to each other, the more my glutes would work....and vicy, versy.....quads would get more by going wide....

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
Elevating your heels also allows you to keep your hips and butt closer to your center of gravity thus allowing you to use more quad than glutes. All these little adjustments will have an effect on how and what muscles work.

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
Here’s a great seminar. But pertain to squats and quads bs glutes pick it up at the 16:00 minute mark.

noiseboy

noiseboy

Apr 10, 2020
Sorry, above should be "pertaining" to and "vs" not bs
spell check grr...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic