Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

How can I go from flat to round butt?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Dr. Jitsu, I notice you're not responding to my posts. Should I just take that has concession that you're wrong?

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
I apologize for ignoring you. Some of the points you raise were addressed in my response to CBS. You say there are innumerable athletes benefiting from twice a week training. I am just telling you what most high level bodybuilders do. For every one doing 2 a week, there are dozens doing once a week. The issue of cortisol was unpacked whn I explained how a 2 a week program will require so much training volume that cortisol will be out of control.

I was coached by Chris Duffy (yes THAT Chris Duffy). Joinie Bovino, Chris' wife is a phenomenal posing coach. She worked with nearly all the pros in So Cal. Chris also toured w/ the pros, and knows things like Sonny Schmidt taking a huge scoop of clenbuterol paste and throwing it into his breakfast cereal. Chris told me many details about them (Flex Wheeler eats Burger King up to 3 weeks out from the Olympia). Sure, they hit a b part once every 4-5 days for contest prep. However, in the off season, most hit a part every 6-7 days.

The reason I did not respond directly is due to the fact that CBS follows me from forum to forum and thread to thread. Just look at his post history. He claimed that he originally came over here to warn everyone about my src. All the people I prep are using this source. The IFBB pro I am prepping will not use anything except gear from my source. Thus, all the "warnings" about my source were directed at me. He claims he was "asked" t come here, but trust me, he came of his own volition.

All his other posts were directed at me. Sadly, I am his raison d'etre.

I certainly am not genetically gifted. However, I built a very good physique training w/ a NEO Mentzer approach. This aproach recognizes the fact that training intensity is the stimuli for growth, but growth happens while eating, sleeping, resting. I show my back in my avi, but my legs are my best b part. My body was built using a once a week approach. I went from 140 to 242lbs. In 38 years of training, 31 were natural, and 7 were using gear. Most of that use was very moderate.

When prepping guys for shows, if we are training for size we do a b part every 6-7 days. Pre contest is usually 4 on one off (not counting cardio).

This post is the last I will make on this thread, as I need to go meet with a client and stop contributing to a time sinkhole.. You are all free to train as you wish, just be sure that if you make it to the stage, you are not standing next to one of my guys.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
If you train legs twice a week they will not get sufficient rest for growth. Train them once every 6 or 7 days, no more.

I am surprised that so many here advocate 2 a week, since 95% of your top competitors abandoned that frequency in the 70's.

Training a bp twice a week will skyrocket your cortisol levels.

You cannot simply change the subject of the debate in order to save face. We are way too intelligent here at TID to be fooled by or accept such a tactic.

Your incorrect assertions, as shown in bold above, are what brought about this debate. Again, I implore you to explain how training LEGS twice per week, or even more, is detrimental to building a round butt? This thread is not about anything other than the OP's desire to build a round butt. The advice given was by powerlifters, olympic weightlifters, bodybuilders, and general gym rats, and the consensus is squatting often. Then you come in and say that is wrong. Now you want to change the topic to entire body building and specific to the sport of bodybuilding.

Again, there are many many examples given of athletes with overly developed glutes, who got them using what you claim to be inferior regimens. Please back up your ORIGINAL statement.

As for the cortisol, again, you mistakenly assumed (or intentionally, in order to avoid embarrassment) that anybody is recommending a split that hits every muscle group twice per week at high intensity. You are arguing with yourself until you address the assertion in the context it was made, that cortisol levels skyrocket because of training "A bodypart twice a week". That's not how it works. If you have your doctorates degree, maybe you can teach me something (that all of the literature will clearly refute).

First of all, I was unaware that cortisol understands how many times per week you train a certain bodypart. I was under the impression it was a systemic adrenal response to intense, acute exercise. Are you saying that LESS cortisol is produced by lifting 4 times per week but never the same bodypart twice, than if I trained just twice per week but did squats both days? You realize this entire discussion started by you saying that squats twice per week was too much with too little rest. So please don't start saying that ANYBODY recommended hitting EVERY bodypart twice per week.

I apologize for ignoring you. Some of the points you raise were addressed in my response to CBS. You say there are innumerable athletes benefiting from twice a week training. I am just telling you what most high level bodybuilders do. For every one doing 2 a week, there are dozens doing once a week. The issue of cortisol was unpacked whn I explained how a 2 a week program will require so much training volume that cortisol will be out of control.

You just can't seem to grasp the debate here. Please see above for clarification.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i love you SAD. no homo (maybe a little)

Reactions: SAD
Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
You cannot simply change the subject of the debate in order to save face. We are way too intelligent here at TID to be fooled by or accept such a tactic.

Your incorrect assertions, as shown in bold above, are what brought about this debate. Again, I implore you to explain how training LEGS twice per week, or even more, is detrimental to building a round butt? This thread is not about anything other than the OP's desire to build a round butt. The advice given was by powerlifters, olympic weightlifters, bodybuilders, and general gym rats, and the consensus is squatting often. Then you come in and say that is wrong. Now you want to change the topic to entire body building and specific to the sport of bodybuilding.

Again, there are many many examples given of athletes with overly developed glutes, who got them using what you claim to be inferior regimens. Please back up your ORIGINAL statement.

As for the cortisol, again, you mistakenly assumed (or intentionally, in order to avoid embarrassment) that anybody is recommending a split that hits every muscle group twice per week at high intensity. You are arguing with yourself until you address the assertion in the context it was made, that cortisol levels skyrocket because of training "A bodypart twice a week". That's not how it works. If you have your doctorates degree, maybe you can teach me something (that all of the literature will clearly refute).

You just can't seem to grasp the debate here. Please see above for clarification.

The irony is that I have already addressed your questions. I have a T shirt I should wear for you. It says "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you". However, I will dumb it down further in the hopes that you can grasp the concepts. I have trained dozens of Asian women, my wife is Asian and has a very round butt due to my training protocol. Most of these women were girlfriends (3 fiancés, lol) so I took them from never having touched a weight in their whole lives, to "round butt land."

First, lets clear up a few fundamental points: Yes, if you are doing a whole body workout, or a 2 way split, yes, you can train a bodypart more than once a week. However, if a body part like glutes is lagging behind a body part like quads, then it is clear that you have been training long enough to have developed asymmetry. In fact, and I have trained 100's of beginners (was a full time pt for 6 years) I always start people on a 2 way spllt, training 3 times a week. However, assuming that they are putting forth good effort, I move them to a triple split, and they train 4 times a week. It takes at least this long before any training asymmetries become apparent. Unless they want to do a lot of arm work, I usually keep women on a triple split, adding volume until they are training an hour and 15 minutes, 4 times a week. Men I train usually go to a quad split at this point, lifting four times a week.

It is at this point where we begin to address muscle imbalances. As I argued above, the first principle we must work on is the mental aspect of training. As I said earlier (although apparently you skipped over this critical point, see T shirt above) the human body wants to do things in the easiest way possible. It is a survival mechanism developed over millennia. If my quads are naturally stronger than my glutes, my body is going to load them accordingly. At this juncture, we work on "feel" as explained above, then we work on increasing intensity. These are the 2 critical components needed to bring up a lagging body part. On leg day, we hammer squats, lunges, and straight leg deadlifts. This training is extremely taxing. In regards to the other workouts, they are not a walk in the park either. The trainee is busting their hump an hour and 15 minutes a day, 4 days a week. They either do 2 on, 1 off, or 4 workouts spread over the week.

If they are training with the requisite intensity, by day 2, cortisol levels will be elevated (cortisol being he enemy of muscle). A lot of gear can suppress cortisol, but I am not a fan of putting women on a lot of gear.

As mentioned, I have had tremendous success putting butts on Asian gals using this ^ protocol. In fact my first wife became the CA state powerlifting champ (squatting and deadlifting 303 lbs each @ 123 lbs bodyweight).

Now, if we started hitting a bp twice a week, we would be looking at 2.5 hour training sessions, or training every day for an hour and 20 minutes. For starters, It is impossible to maintain requisite intensity training every day or for 2.5 hours. Even if we could, cortisol would be out of control.

Consequently, training a bp twice a week is a recipe for getting smaller and weaker.

And in regards to my protocol being only for genetic freaks, not true. I have below average genetics for bodybuilding, but nonetheless have been successful. When I was competing, I had pro level legs (just not anything else, lol). Put another way, if a former pencil necked geek like me can build muscle, any one can build muscle.

So, to summarize: For the average trainee, the key to building muscle is intensity, feel and adequate rest and recovery. Training a bp twice a week is antithetical to these necessary principles: Intensity and recovery will be massively compromised.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
And I'm done. I hope your stay here at TID is short and sweet.

And don't confuse me exiting this one-sided debate as anything other than an unwillingness to read your arrogant bullshit. A year ago I may have blasted you into an oblivion over the course of the next few pages, but not now. Too many idiots and not enough time.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Consequently, training a bp twice a week is a recipe for getting smaller .

You cant be serious. I have trained a bp twice a weak and made my best gains.

Sorry man but your theory holds no water. Too many people here, BBers, PLers even a few crossfitters, who all know what they are talking about. And the rest of us who have learned from experience, trial and error.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
It all depend on how you train that BP twice a week. I've seen some of my best gains from a BP twice a week and have put size on clients doing the same. Now would I hit a BP twice a week for 3 months straight, probably not. I, myself would probably start seeing negative results but 4-8 weeks of twice a week, I've made some serious gains. I believe as long as a program is periodized, there are many different splits an training methods that will work.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Do what Tightglutes is doing obviously it works :)
Thanks love.. really I just lift heavy .work legs too times a week and have good genetics always had a big butt even before I started lifting.

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
Maybe a wider a squat stance.,,

This really works for me and hitting different angles. Also try putting a plate on the floor and pushing it across the floor almost like a mountain climb. Go ass yo grass in squats and heavy

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic