Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Is there a supplement you can take to burn fat?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
What are healthy food choices other then fast food and junk that provide a good daily calorie intake to help with muscle mass gain?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
lean animal meat
complex carbs

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Good questions.

1) diet n traing, diet n training. So if your maintenance calorie intake is say 1800 calories per day. You'll want to adjust your daily to around 2000-2200 depending on how much of a "hard gainer" you are. You'll want to focus on getting 1.5 - 2 grams of protein per lb of lean body mass. This should equal like 1/2 your calories for the day at least. Then whatever calories are left should be divided 60-75% fat. The rest carbs.
In addition keep weight training intensity high. I can't stress this enough. IMO this is one of the most misunderstood things about training and juicing. Ever notice some guys will cycle n barely loose any thing after and even keep getting bigger faster then before their cycle? Why? IMO juice can and often will make you reach whole new levels of intensity in the gym. If you keep those new higher intensity levels post cycle. You'll keep gaining. Intensity is one of the big X factors in traing IMO.
Also if you tend to get flabby easily while in caloric surplus add more cardio. I get fat easy easy easy. So I try to always do fasted AM cardio. I do less when I bulk n more when I cut. I think fasted AM cardio is great and effective. Not everyone agrees but try it and see how you like it.

So, for petes sakes, let say I need 2,000 cals per day for a clean bulk...1,000 of those cals should be protein, which would compute to around 250g's?...And the other 1,000 cals would consist of around 100g's or so of fat(good fat of course) and at or around 50g's of carbs?...Is that close?...

2) yes.
Stay lean. The leaner you are the better normally for hormone activity.
Lift heavy and often. Many scientific studies have linked intense (there it is again) weight training to higher test levels in men and women.
Get 8hrs of sleep every night. This helps test production and gh production.
Clean healthy diet with a good amount of healthy fats. Clean eating is often linked with better hormone activity. Also diets rich in healthy fats also is linked with higher test production.
Get laid often. Regular sexual activity spikes test production. Men who have sex more often are linked to having higher test levels. Theres speculation this is a chicken and egg thing... but hey its sex. Fuck it we all want it anyhow.

Well, I can do everthing but the last...LOL...

3) this is a tough one to answer. There's allot of debate on this. I would just focus on keeping the cells depleted of fat stores for now. It's the time tested easier solution.

Yeah, I remember years ago on the older boards how this was debated to no end...Big Cat, if I remember correctly, got into a few tussels on it...

Bro. I appreciate your info, you set me back on track!!!!..It's beginning to come back to me....Again, thanks for taking the time!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'm overweight. Do I still need to bulk up on good calories to build muscle or is the high calorie intake just for bony people?

I would cut first, whatsup...then do the bulk...

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I would cut first, whatsup...then do the bulk...
Basically in order to lean up while I lift and do cardio. It's ok for me to be under what my daily requirement is? Example if my requirement is 2300 calories I can still do 1000 to 1500?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Basically in order to lean up while I lift and do cardio. It's ok for me to be under what my daily requirement is? Example if my requirement is 2300 calories I can still do 1000 to 1500?

No, that's to low on cals...Remember the survival mode?...1,000 cals anyway....1,500 cals may be ok, depends on your weight....

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
No, that's to low on cals...Remember the survival mode?...1,000 cals anyway....1,500 cals may be ok, depends on your weight....
Basically maintain my required calories but make sure I consume the good ones to lean up?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Basically maintain my required calories but make sure I consume the good ones to lean up?

No, go a tad, shad below required cals...lets say you need 1,800 for required cals...Do 1,600 cals to loose the fat...all the while training intense and heavy...keep your protien high...

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
No, go a tad, shad below required cals...lets say you need 1,800 for required cals...Do 1,600 cals to loose the fat...all the while training intense and heavy...keep your protien high...
What's considered intense? I do around 15 reps 3 sets of each flat and incline bench at home. For arms I curl 3 sets with bar and 3 with dumbbells 15 reps or so.
I'm not a bodybuilder just a 44 year old trying to get some muscles.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic