Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is there a supplement you can take to burn fat?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
What's considered intense? I do around 15 reps 3 sets of each flat and incline bench at home. For arms I curl 3 sets with bar and 3 with dumbbells 15 reps or so.
I'm not a bodybuilder just a 44 year old trying to get some muscles.

Give it your best!...Work until you get tired....I usally go to failure most of time, not always tho...15 reps is NOT heavy....You should only be able to get 3-6 reps at 4-6 sets!...keep in mind, if your muscels don't need to be bigger, they won't...for instance, lets say you lift 50lbs and never go up in weight, you stay at 50lbs...your body doesn't need to grow or get stonger because you are always lifting 50lbs....make sense?...you have to pyamid up slowly in order for your muscle to grow...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
now physics says im wrong...however, u would prolly have to workout for days without stopping in order to get the same response doing 15 reps with same weight..lol...ive tried both ways, and have always gained when doing heavy instead of boo coos of reps...

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Give it your best!...Work until you get tired....I usally go to failure most of time, not always tho...15 reps is NOT heavy....You should only be able to get 3-6 reps at 4-6 sets!...keep in mind, if your muscels don't need to be bigger, they won't...for instance, lets say you lift 50lbs and never go up in weight, you stay at 50lbs...your body doesn't need to grow or get stonger because you are always lifting 50lbs....make sense?...you have to pyamid up slowly in order for your muscle to grow...
Makes sense. I will definitely try more weights and way less reps. Thank you!

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I lifted heavy weigh with less reps but didn't feel the pump and not any soreness the next day. Is this still ok to build muscle or do I need to do feel sore?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I lifted heavy weigh with less reps but didn't feel the pump and not any soreness the next day. Is this still ok to build muscle or do I need to do feel sore?

lol...Science says no, i say yes....do both....heavy and reps....u should achieve your pump....Again, i have applied science in my workouts in regards to not getting sore, yet no gains...When soreness occured, muscles would pop and weight gain...

did you work to failure?....

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
lol...Science says no, i say yes....do both....heavy and reps....u should achieve your pump....Again, i have applied science in my workouts in regards to not getting sore, yet no gains...When soreness occured, muscles would pop and weight gain...

did you work to failure?....
No I only did 6 sets heavy of 5 to 10 reps on the bench from flat to incline. Am I suppose to work till failure when doing heavy and less reps and same for lighter but more reps?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
No I only did 6 sets heavy of 5 to 10 reps on the bench from flat to incline. Am I suppose to work till failure when doing heavy and less reps and same for lighter but more reps?

i do...

T

TheJoker

Jul 3, 2017
I have been taking lipodrene dmaa and it has been working great. I get plenty of energy through out the day without jitters. Curbs my appetite and helps me eat less without getting those late night snacks.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
What are healthy food choices other then fast food and junk that provide a good daily calorie intake to help with muscle mass gain?

I hadn't eat'n fast food in maybe 6-7 months. I can't say that at this moment because I just did an insaine road trip for this eclipse and as a result of 24hrs on the road and giving up on even wanting to live I ate fast food... twice... but this is FAR from what I allow my normal to be.
Lean healthy meats (I like fish especially), Whole veggies, Beans (not sugary baked), Nuts, Legumes, Fruit (some people cry about the sugar but fuck that), Healthy grains (Not fucking corn or wheat and shit)
Lots of water. Its neither hard nor expensive once you get your new lifestyle dialed in. It's just not what 90% of people are used to so they make excuses why its to hard to do.

I'm overweight. Do I still need to bulk up on good calories to build muscle or is the high calorie intake just for bony people?

If your overweight focus on cutting down first. If you also are not a lifter now. You will naturally actually gain some size and strength if you cut responsibly and start lifting regularly. Once you are down to a healthy weight you can start bulking for a month or two at a time, cut again to lean back out, ect ect

So, for petes sakes, let say I need 2,000 cals per day for a clean bulk...1,000 of those cals should be protein, which would compute to around 250g's?...And the other 1,000 cals would consist of around 100g's or so of fat(good fat of course) and at or around 50g's of carbs?...Is that close?...

Well, I can do everthing but the last...LOL...

Yeah, I remember years ago on the older boards how this was debated to no end...Big Cat, if I remember correctly, got into a few tussels on it...

Bro. I appreciate your info, you set me back on track!!!!..It's beginning to come back to me....Again, thanks for taking the time!!!

Your pretty close on the calorie to composition ratio. I find that protein can really gobble up calories count as can fat. We all think of carbs as the dangerous food, but a 1lb NY strip steak is 510 calories, Now add in olive oil its cooked in maybe another 300-350 calories and your not even half way to your daily protein needs... Get what I am saying?
Lots of trial and error dialing in a diet that works to Cut, To Bulk and to just maintain. Download an app like my fitness pale. You'll forget to use it allot, but it will help you slowly learn what approximate calories and macros you take in.

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Your pretty close on the calorie to composition ratio. I find that protein can really gobble up calories count as can fat. We all think of carbs as the dangerous food, but a 1lb NY strip steak is 510 calories, Now add in olive oil its cooked in maybe another 300-350 calories and your not even half way to your daily protein needs... Get what I am saying?
Lots of trial and error dialing in a diet that works to Cut, To Bulk and to just maintain. Download an app like my fitness pale. You'll forget to use it allot, but it will help you slowly learn what approximate calories and macros you take in.

Thanks, bro!...I will d/l recommended app...

Got another question....

I've read a few studies suggesting that in the presents of insulin the body can't burn fat...If true, does that mean even if one is in an calorie deficit for cutting, that if the person was to eat foods that spike insulin levels (like sugar,white wheat, ect), then said same would not be able to burn fat?.....

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Thanks, bro!...I will d/l recommended app...

Got another question....

I've read a few studies suggesting that in the presents of insulin the body can't burn fat...If true, does that mean even if one is in an calorie deficit for cutting, that if the person was to eat foods that spike insulin levels (like sugar,white wheat, ect), then said same would not be able to burn fat?.....

Well kinda. If you somehow managed to spike your insulin all day while staying at a cal def you'd certainly burn LESS fat at least.
But let's say you eat only 1300 cals a day for a week. But those 1300 cals are all snikers or Twinkies. You'd still loose weight because your body needs energy to function above the amount being put it. I'm sure the outlying health consequences of such a thing would be very noticeable however...

Look at it like this. If your eating cal def and making real efforts to eat healthy. An occasional shit meal of fettuchi Alfredo or a donut breakfast won't stop your progress dead, it will just not be AS good.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I'm a bad example cause I'm still relatively young and haven't had kids yet so I still party maybe once or twice a month.

Despite cheat meals, and boozing ect
I still progress and can cut or bulk I just make my progress harder. That s no way to be a pro. But as a hobbyist wtf life is for the living and I'm healthier then idk 95% of the general population. So...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic