Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Question for the Big Squatters...

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Briefs will save your hips, but there are many subtle levels of briefs. There are $20 briefs that will help a little....and then there are predators and titans (many others) types of briefs that are more like equipped lifting.

I'd start with these: Inzer Advance Designs: Heavy Duty Groove Briefs-Made from the Heavy Duty material to give you heavy support in your quest for bigger lifts.

Titans, predators, squat suits, anything that extends down the thigh significantly, is a big step away from raw. I'd try the $26 dollar inzer briefs if you needed a bit of hip relief.

Raw guys that want to train with "equipped" weights are better served using bands and chains. You can get the feel of the weight while you maintain your groove.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Briefs will save your hips, but there are many subtle levels of briefs. There are $20 briefs that will help a little....and then there are predators and titans (many others) types of briefs that are more like equipped lifting.

I'd start with these: Inzer Advance Designs: Heavy Duty Groove Briefs-Made from the Heavy Duty material to give you heavy support in your quest for bigger lifts.

Titans, predators, squat suits, anything that extends down the thigh significantly, is a big step away from raw. I'd try the $26 dollar inzer briefs if you needed a bit of hip relief.

Raw guys that want to train with "equipped" weights are better served using bands and chains. You can get the feel of the weight while you maintain your groove.

And that's just it...I would want these briefs to just support my hips, not give me a lot of help. That's the the million dollar question.... do I need hip relied? My hips are good but will wearing a brief help extend my training (I'm talking years, long term). I'm not looking to train equipped weights. I'm thinking long term.

I already utilize reverse band lifts and chains (I'm a huge fan of reverse band).

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
And that's just it...I would want these briefs to just support my hips, not give me a lot of help. That's the the million dollar question.... do I need hip relied? My hips are good but will wearing a brief help extend my training (I'm talking years, long term). I'm not looking to train equipped weights. I'm thinking long term.

I already utilize reverse band lifts and chains (I'm a huge fan of reverse band).

The answer to that question is--absolutely. Groove briefs will save a bad hip and protect a good hip. I use them often. About the only time I won't use them is when I'm peaking. Even then, if I feel a bit of hip pain, I'll wear them. They are a necessity in my training. Greatest $26 bucks I've ever spent.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The answer to that question is--absolutely. Groove briefs will save a bad hip and protect a good hip. I use them often. About the only time I won't use them is when I'm peaking. Even then, if I feel a bit of hip pain, I'll wear them. They are a necessity in my training. Greatest $26 bucks I've ever spent.

Thanks Joliver. This is what I wanted.... something that will aid in protecting my hips without helping me to much. I'm not looking for the next piece of equipment that will directly allow me to lift more meaning... put it on and voila... more pounds on my lift. It will indirectly help me lift more and that's fine.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
One thing I would do is if I went Power Pants or Grooves I would go tight but if you go single ply briefs or suit go loose.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Groove I never worn
Power Pants tight hard to get on gives good support and only about 20lbs added
Loose Suit or Briefs will give a lot of support and help out of the hole, you will get quite a bit of pounds even from a loose suit or briefs

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I found a suit on Inzer's website that looks like the suits they used to wear in the 80s and 90s. And its only like $50

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Groove briefs... oh man...... I've never been so uncomfortable in my life. They are basically legless briefs and felt like a 60-grit thong..... LOL to each their own though.

If Donnie says loose predators just go on the Titan page and see what size you should be, then go up one. One makes a big difference. Order through Ken Anderson if you're doing Titan, his service is way better.

A loose Metal IPF suit is a good starter too - I started in one and it was really easy to figure out with just me and another buddy with no experience.

Check out the PL Watch classifieds too, sometimes guys sell old Frantz or Crain suits that might fit. That stuff is ridiculously easy to use. Basically just some compression and stretches forever. I can still cram my fat 330 lb ass in to the Frantz briefs I wore at 250.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Groove briefs... oh man...... I've never been so uncomfortable in my life. They are basically legless briefs and felt like a 60-grit thong..... LOL to each their own though.

If Donnie says loose predators just go on the Titan page and see what size you should be, then go up one. One makes a big difference. Order through Ken Anderson if you're doing Titan, his service is way better.

A loose Metal IPF suit is a good starter too - I started in one and it was really easy to figure out with just me and another buddy with no experience.

Check out the PL Watch classifieds too, sometimes guys sell old Frantz or Crain suits that might fit. That stuff is ridiculously easy to use. Basically just some compression and stretches forever. I can still cram my fat 330 lb ass in to the Frantz briefs I wore at 250.

That really doesn't paint a picture I'd like to experience, lol. 60 grint sandpaper speedo, lol.

I'll check out powerliftingwatch's classifieds section and see if anything comes up. I don't want to wait forever so I may have to bite the bullet. If you know anyone who is looking to sell some briefs and competes in the 275 class... I'd be interested if they'd meet the criteria I'm looking for.

And of course I'll check Titan's site and see....

I know I can't be the only one who finds all of this interesting...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's a question for you #Porky ...

Donnie said I should pick up a pair of Boss Briefs. How about the Centurion Briefs? Aren't the Centurion's single ply so they wouldn't give me as much help as the double ply Boss's? I know neither will do the work for me but wouldn't it be easier to learn in singly ply and wouldn't they have more stretch since their single ply?

Last edited:
SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Here's a question for you Porky...

Donnie said I should pick up a pair of Boss Briefs. How about the Centurion Briefs? Aren't the Centurion's single ply so they wouldn't give me as much help as the double ply Boss's? I know neither will do the work for me but wouldn't it be easier to learn in singly ply and wouldn't they have more stretch since their single ply?

This is very smart thinking IMO but Porky and Donnie know better and maybe gauging off your squat strength.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I know I can't be the only one who finds all of this interesting...

You are not alone. I'm already dreaming about sandpaper thongs!

I have the same concerns from a long-term standpoint, kinda why I don't wanna compete in 100% Raw regularly - wraps might give a 50 lbs boost when your sadist buddy wraps em to practice amputation, but that support is mentally comforting.

The brief idea sounds great. I've yet to have a serious joint injury and want to steer far away from it as long as possible. Anything that'll aid in that process short of murder is good money to me!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic