Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Question for the Big Squatters...

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
You are not alone. I'm already dreaming about sandpaper thongs!

I have the same concerns from a long-term standpoint, kinda why I don't wanna compete in 100% Raw regularly - wraps might give a 50 lbs boost when your sadist buddy wraps em to practice amputation, but that support is mentally comforting.

The brief idea sounds great. I've yet to have a serious joint injury and want to steer far away from it as long as possible. Anything that'll aid in that process short of murder is good money to me!

For an ex geared lifter wraps give me then bind to feel depth and something to push my knees out on.

I sit back and push out as I would in single ply gear, they are a great tool for raw lifters.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Keeping this thread at the top b/c I would really be thankful if #Porky could perhaps give me a run down on briefs.

It's hard to make an informed decision when I don't have any knowledge on the subject matter. Why double ply and not single ply? Perhaps, my thoughts on single ply are completely wrong. Are there different materials I should or should not look for? Should the briefs have legs or should they be leg less? Does one work better for certain lift stance ie. wide stance, medium stance, narrow stance?

Another guess on my part... will I need to exaggerate my technique ie. sit back, spread the floor, cork screw my femur, etc??? b/c the suit will make it more difficult?

I don't have a team to go to for help so I turn to my brethren here at TID...

Last edited:
SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Keeping this threat at the top b/c I would really be thankful if #Porky could perhaps give me a run down on briefs.

It's hard to make an informed decision when I don't have any knowledge on the subject matter. Why double ply and not single ply? Perhaps, my thoughts on single ply are completely wrong. Are there different materials I should or should not look for? Should the briefs have legs or should they be leg less? Does one work better for certain lift stance ie. wide stance, medium stance, narrow stance?

Another guess on my part... will I need to exaggerate my technique ie. sit back, spread the floor, cork screw my femur, etc??? b/c the suit will make it more difficult?

I don't have a team to go to for help so I turn to my brethren here at TID...

Single ply and double is just a preference but one better have the strenght for double ply it's not for pussies.

Just hip protection Power Pants will do that.

Also if Donnie said double ply he feels you have the strength and technique for it and they will give the very best hip support of all 3.

I would suggest you start off on a box with them and do not expect to reach depth not only with light weight but on the 1st few wears you will need to break them in.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
My teammates love their Overkill gear but they hate the wait on them, dude might be 6 months back ordered right now.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Loose single ply briefs don't have much of a learning curve at first. I did awesome in them my first time.

You are a guy that gets stuck mentally. Putting 600 on your back and taking it for a triple will get you used to the load and make doing it raw easy.

You are 100% completely right about that.... My biggest hurdle has always been my mental fortitude. This could very well take my training to the next level.

What briefs did you wear?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
You are 100% completely right about that.... My biggest hurdle has always been my mental fortitude. This could very well take my training to the next level.

He wears panties not briefs!

I looked at you log and now see why double ply is suggested, your raw squat is what most single ply lifters lift!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

I have a pair of titan super centurian that sfg sold me for like 2 bucks basically

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
If he were to so single ply I would go with the Super Centurion Briefs over the suit!

The legs are shorter on the suit and the more sets you do the more the legs crawl up your leg even when tight, Hoss pointed that out to me years ago during training.

Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
So the concensus would be to get a pair of briefs, or power pants even if you are a medium stance squatter?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
So the concensus would be to get a pair of briefs, or power pants even if you are a medium stance squatter?

They are sold as close or wide stance so chose the correct one.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's another question....

boxer briefs or briefs???

Boxer briefs have the additional 4" on the leg while briefs do not. The additional 4" on the leg serves what purpose? Give more support to the adductors for a wide stance?

For those following this thread and are wondering what the briefs in question look like... are... we are talking about these:

Titan Powerlifting Briefs Boxers - IPF and Unlimited - Regular or Wide Stance

Reactions: 5.0
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic