Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Nike shox and leg training. What is the value?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I love my five finger shoes ! Don't go there !

Whats not to love: You're writing in your log and drop your pen- with them you don't even have to bend over, just reach over in your toe shoes and pick it up, LOL.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
At 260lbs I can't even WEAR nike shox. My knees hurt from them. Way too unstable even just to walk around in.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Whats not to love: You're writing in your log and drop your pen- with them you don't even have to bend over, just reach over in your toe shoes and pick it up, LOL.

Lol to funny you say this as I have monkey toes !

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Who trains legs wearing Nike shox?
I see people wearing Nike shox at gym all the time and I wear mine from time to time but never on leg day but I see other people training with them doing squats and leg press etc. even a few pros using them in some of there training videos. I knew it wasn't a good idea but I decided to try it myself. Squatting felt pretty unstable to what I'm used to. Leg press the whole heal crushed in lol. Walking lunges was the worst as your heal hits the ground first. Anyway I just don't understand why people would want to train legs is such a shoe?

B/c none of them are lifting any real weight.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
image.jpg

Best training shoes I've ever had... Shox are running shoes not training shoes.... Makes no sense why you would wear them weight trainh or expect them to perform for weight lifting... I've had my
Nike free havens for 2 years now and love them.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
View attachment 4457

Best training shoes I've ever had... Shox are running shoes not training shoes.... Makes no sense why you would wear them weight trainh or expect them to perform for weight lifting... I've had my
Nike free havens for 2 years now and love them.

I couldn't imagine lifting in those

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Nike makes high heels Turbo?

Man anytime I train legs I wear converse shoes now. They don't get you off balance. And you get a good feel for the weights in them.

Nike shox look really good. Maybe they just match that persons attire?

I like them, but my foot is too wide, I can't wear them.

Are they comfortable?

I love the way they look.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
How come? Almost same feel as chucks... Maybe if you looked at them
In person you'd change your mind.

I've seen them but haven't put them on they just look so soft and that mesh on the top seems like it could stretch a mile.

Here's what I lift in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I've seen them but haven't put them on they just look so soft and that mesh on the top seems like it could stretch a mile.

Here's what I lift in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I agree 100% with you. Those are the ones they sell in finish line, dicks, etc... The training version of them is a thick material. The ones you've seen look identical almost but are made of mesh material, but are made for running

I've only been able to find their training shoe on their website... Like hibbets.. Finish line and places like that all Ive seen is their running model. The ones I wear are made for training

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic