Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Nike shox and leg training. What is the value?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Who trains legs wearing Nike shox?
I see people wearing Nike shox at gym all the time and I wear mine from time to time but never on leg day but I see other people training with them doing squats and leg press etc. even a few pros using them in some of there training videos. I knew it wasn't a good idea but I decided to try it myself. Squatting felt pretty unstable to what I'm used to. Leg press the whole heal crushed in lol. Walking lunges was the worst as your heal hits the ground first. Anyway I just don't understand why people would want to train legs is such a shoe?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Man anytime I train legs I wear converse shoes now. They don't get you off balance. And you get a good feel for the weights in them.

Nike shox look really good. Maybe they just match that persons attire?

I like them, but my foot is too wide, I can't wear them.

Are they comfortable?

I love the way they look.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I love how they look too. I don't find them comfortable unless you are constantly moving. To stand around in they suck. I too wear chuck for legs and pulling.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
It's a fad. Anything Nike is a fashion statement. I've never ever seen anyone wearing Nike's squat more then 225lbs in my gym.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
It's a fad. Anything Nike is a fashion statement. I've never ever seen anyone wearing Nike's squat more then 225lbs in my gym.

Yep I agree with that statement. I haven't either lol.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I wear nike training shoes... I have the free havens.. I prefer them over chucks. Had mine 2 years and still holding up to heavy training.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Not to drift off topic, but do you guys ever see people in the gym wearing those shoes that have individual toes on them ?

I forgot what their called.

I think I saw a video on MD of a NPC level body building training legs in them.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I love my five finger shoes ! Don't go there !

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Nike shoes are the most uncomfortable shoes ever to me. They hurt the bottoms of my feet especially my heels. I like reeboks. I were the classics all the time. Haven't bought anything but reebok classics accept one pair of Nike in 10 yrs.

bronco

bronco

Jun 22, 2012
I only wear aasics now, Nike sucks and don't even think about wearing under armor shoes

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I love my five finger shoes ! Don't go there !

Whats not to love: You're writing in your log and drop your pen- with them you don't even have to bend over, just reach over in your toe shoes and pick it up, LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic