Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Nike shox and leg training. What is the value?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I couldn't imagine lifting in those

Neither could I. Those shoe soles won't compress evenly and that will put pressure on the knees which can lead to pain down the road. I used to have pain in my knees and I traced it back to my shoes which is why I squat in Olympic weightlifting shoes. You'll also get a better transfer of energy when you squat in them. The difference is greater than night and day.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've seen them but haven't put them on they just look so soft and that mesh on the top seems like it could stretch a mile.

Here's what I lift in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SS squats in those. I squat in my Adipower Oly shoe. They're the best Oly shoe I've ever trained in imho.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I train in my air max's but not for leg day. I use either my old sandles that are molded to my feet or my dc skate shoes. I like being able to feel connected to the ground.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
if iam leg pressing and a lot of ham work..in my nike's...heavy squat days i actually prefer my puma's

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
SS squats in those. I squat in my Adipower Oly shoe. They're the best Oly shoe I've ever trained in imho.

These are my second pair of these, I almost went with Adipower this time but I like the second velcro strap and the fit a bit better in the Nike, both are very good shoes.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I guess I am the only one here that actually love nike shoes? Lol they are great for my feet, but asics are some of the best shoes I have ever worn for comfort,stability and for running.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
These are my second pair of these, I almost went with Adipower this time but I like the second velcro strap and the fit a bit better in the Nike, both are very good shoes.

Def. You can't go wrong either way.

And for those of you that think your shoes are stable you really need to try some shoes that are made to squat in and feel the difference. I can talk till I'm blue in the face but you need to experience it firsthand to see the difference.

Last edited:
nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Not to drift off topic, but do you guys ever see people in the gym wearing those shoes that have individual toes on them ?

I forgot what their called.

I think I saw a video on MD of a NPC level body building training legs in them.

The most popular types of these shoes are Vibram Five Finger shoes. They are minimalist shoes that are supposed to be like walking around barefoot with a just a little cushioning on the bottom so you don't hurt your feet walking around outside. They are really comfortable and great for any leg workout. For heavy leg presses they won't crush in like a regular shoes and for calves, the stretch both up and down is great. I also wear them for trail runs as they alleviate some of the knee pain I have running in regular shoes.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
On leg day I always use my Otomix shoes, they're very comfortable and they give me stability when doing heavy squats, other days I use air max.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The most popular types of these shoes are Vibram Five Finger shoes. They are minimalist shoes that are supposed to be like walking around barefoot with a just a little cushioning on the bottom so you don't hurt your feet walking around outside. They are really comfortable and great for any leg workout. For heavy leg presses they won't crush in like a regular shoes and for calves, the stretch both up and down is great. I also wear them for trail runs as they alleviate some of the knee pain I have running in regular shoes.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Wouldn't say they are great for any leg workout. If that were the case you'd see strength athletes training in them and you don't.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Wouldn't say they are great for any leg workout. If that were the case you'd see strength athletes training in them and you don't.

RR is a strength athlete and trains in vibrams. In my gym though you can identify crossfit pussies by them. Why anyone would wear them to bench is beyond me but whatever.

Chucks for me. No oly shoes because I squat very wide. I'm considering them for bench though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
RR is a strength athlete and trains in vibrams. In my gym though you can identify crossfit pussies by them. Why anyone would wear them to bench is beyond me but whatever.

Chucks for me. No oly shoes because I squat very wide. I'm considering them for bench though.

I bet she doesn't front or back squat in those vibrams. You need a heel to properly perform an Oly front squat which those vibrams do not have.

Oly shoes work best for narrower squatters (us raw guys) in my opinion. It makes it easier for us to sit back and keeps the forward knee travel to a minimum (even though it will happen a bit no matter what).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic