Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Yeah boyyyyyy!!!!!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
It's gotta give you an extra push just seeing that amount of weight dangling off your shoulders - holy shit.

Good stuff!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
My extra push comes from figuring out a way to turn my need to compete and beat everyone else into a desire to compete with and myself. Thanks though GA. Y'all give me extra push as well.

Max effort bench today. I don't seem to be getting as much out of my bench days as I am out of my dead and squat days. It's weird. Maybe I'm still looking for a pump or something, but it just seems like I'm not doing much work.

Warmup:

Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3

Working sets:

315 + BMM x 1 (too much for a starting working set, didn't realize how much the BMMs would add)
295 + BMM x 2
300 + BMM x 1
305 + BMM x 1
310 + BMM x 1
315 + BMM x 1
320 + BMM x 1
325 + BMM x almost 1 (couldn't quite lock it out, pissed me off)
365 + slingshot x 5
385 + slingshot x 3
405 + slingshot x 2
425 + slingshot x 1

225 x 15 extra long pause/stretch at the bottom.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've got two workouts to catch you up on. Last Saturday was max effort deads, and then I was semi-forced to take two days off. Today I got back at it with dynamic squat work.

SATURDAY : Max Effort Deadlifts

Warmup:
135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 3
365 x 2
385 x 2
405 x 2

Working sets:
455 x 2
475 x 2
495 x 1
505 x 1
510 x 1
515 x 1
455 x 4

Felt really good. It was pretty weird how the progression went, because the first working set of 2 at 455 felt unusually heavy, so I figured that I was going to have an off day. But then as I got closer to and over 500, I felt really strong, almost like the weight wasn't even getting heavier.

TUESDAY : Dynamic Squats

Warmup:
Bar + BMM x 5
135 + BMM x 5
185 + BMM x 5

Working sets:

8 sets of 245 + BMM x 3.

I absolutely love powerlifting. No knock on guys who want to look good, but that's just not my thing. My goal is to be massively powerful, and I'm starting to be able to imagine myself getting there. I'm loving the journey, and don't think I'll ever be satisfied.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Did the bar get out of the area of balance when you were pulling (meaning did the bar get out in front of you)? That would make the weight feel heavier than it is. You want to make sure you keep that bar as close to your shins as possible.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It's possible BI. Unfortunately I lift alone in a commercial gym so I don't have anybody around that can make on the spot corrections to my form. I do try to keep the bar close to the shins, but there is a good chance that I was looking past the 455 and didn't focus on my form.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great work SAD. Some heavy friggin deadlifts in there.

I absolutely love powerlifting. No knock on guys who want to look good, but that's just not my thing. My goal is to be massively powerful, and I'm starting to be able to imagine myself getting there. I'm loving the journey, and don't think I'll ever be satisfied.

Totally agree with this ^^^^ Since switching to a strength based program I'm having more fun, and reaping better results than ever. And there is always that number that we're chasing that we pick for whatever reason. We just gotta have it!

Reactions: SAD
69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
It's possible BI. Unfortunately I lift alone in a commercial gym so I don't have anybody around that can make on the spot corrections to my form. I do try to keep the bar close to the shins, but there is a good chance that I was looking past the 455 and didn't focus on my form.
Ime focusing on form and not the weight leads to bigger lifts. But also leads to me losing count of reps.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Damn its been a while since I updated this thing. Haven't really smashed through any PRs yet, which I'm a little disappointed about. Then again, I'm not really shooting for PRs as much as just trying to get an effective amount of reps at XX% of my 1rm (90+% on ME days, 55-60% on DE days). Not going to try and catch y'all up on each individual workout that I didn't log, and wouldn't be able to remember everything anyways. But here's a quick synopsis of how my cycle has been going so far.

Started out at about 250lbs and my goal was to not concentrate on bulking necessarily, but just put on as much strength as possible. Well, I'm up to 264lbs now, WITHOUT trying to bulk, and that's down from 268lbs a week ago (dropped the dbol and lost a little water). Speaking of dropping the dbol, I had planned on running it another week, but I was feeling like shit (i.e. no appetite, lethargic all day, nauseous at various times of the day) so I completely dropped the dbol. Within 3 days I was feeling much better. The bold cyp is definitely kicking my ass as far as RBC count and blood pressure, so I'm going to give blood this coming week, and if nothing changes, I may drop it. I'm not sure what I'm looking for as far as results from the bold cyp, but if I had to give my judgement on it right now, I'd say that I don't really notice anything different than I would on a test-only cycle, with the exception of being very aware of my blood pressure, red face, dizziness if I stand up too fast or hold my breath, etc.

Here's the weirdest thing about this cycle so far. I look bigger and fuller, and I FEEL stronger on a confidence/motivation level, but I don't think I've gained much strength at all so far. I felt a little broken down earlier this week on ME bench day, so I took 4 full days completely off and expected to have a killer day today on ME deads, but I didn't. In fact, I failed at 525 three times, which REALLY pissed me off. Granted, I had pulled 475 for 2, 495 for 2, 505 for two sets of 1, but I still feel like I should have had enough in the tank to hit 525. It's not even a PR for me, so I fully expected to hit it. I don't know, at a loss for explanations right now.

Anyway, I'm having a blast training purely for strength. I may go back to a power/bodybuilding type routine at some point, but until I hit some major goals (650 dead, 600 squat, 495 bench), I'll be sticking with pure powerlifting for a while.

For those of you who are following this, thanks.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Your schedule is pretty wild so maybe that has something to do with it. Are you resting enough? As far as the bold cyp, I had some good gains in strength from it, nothing major. Tightened up my waistline a bit too. But most of all it seemed to contribute to the sense of well being I get when I'm on.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

It's always cool when you find that one thing that keeps you driven. You're a beast so you'll do very well.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That's interesting POB, because a lot of people complain about anxiety from boldenone, which would directly contradict the "sense of well being" that most people feel on test. Just one more example of biochemical individuality. I'm not sure how much, if anything, I'm getting right now from the bold cyp.

About my schedule, while I do work crazy amounts of hours, I still manage to get 7-8 hours of sleep most nights. I think the recovery thing may be a result of an inconsistent diet, rather than lack of sleep.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It's always cool when you find that one thing that keeps you driven. You're a beast so you'll do very well.

Thanks much, II. Ran out of "thanks" button responses, so here's one the old fashioned way.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic