Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Yeah boyyyyyy!!!!!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Ordered some bands from EliteFTS and should have them Wednesday. Looking forward to implementing them. I picked up a pair of the monster mini's, orange short bands, and some other color short band (can't remember, but I'll know soon :) ).

Wasn't feeling heavy chest at all today (yesterday night, my morning) but I went at it anyway. Here's how it went.

Warmup:
Bar x 10
135 x 6
225 x 5
275 x 5

Working sets:
6 sets of 335 x 3
385 x 3 with slingshot
405 x 2 with slingshot
425 x 1.5ish with slingshot

Drop set to 315 for 6, then 225 for 9.

Every single rep of every single set was paused, including the drop sets. Finished up with some rotator cuff band exercises and one set of pushups to failure.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Ordered some bands from EliteFTS and should have them Wednesday. Looking forward to implementing them. I picked up a pair of the monster mini's, orange short bands, and some other color short band (can't remember, but I'll know soon :) ).

Wasn't feeling heavy chest at all today (yesterday night, my morning) but I went at it anyway. Here's how it went.

Warmup:
Bar x 10
135 x 6
225 x 5
275 x 5

Working sets:
6 sets of 335 x 3
385 x 3 with slingshot
405 x 2 with slingshot
425 x 1.5ish with slingshot

Drop set to 315 for 6, then 225 for 9.

Every single rep of every single set was paused, including the drop sets. Finished up with some rotator cuff band exercises and one set of pushups to failure.

Nice job SAD! amazing how light the 315 feels after 400 with the sling shot. you will enjoy the bands i promise.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Quick update, sorry guys, crazy busy and worn down.

Used my bands on dynamic squat day Wednesday and I think I may be in love. It was a little awkward when I first unracked the bar with bands for a warmup, but I quickly adjusted and had a great workout.

Bar + Black Monster Minis (BMM) x 8

135 + BMM x 5

185 + BMM x 3

225 + BMM x 8 sets of 3 (explosive)

225 x 17

Quick, effective, fun workout. Didn't feel a whole lot from it during the workout, but holy shit, yesterday and today I've been pretty damn sore in my glutes and upper/outer quads. Feels great. Love it.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I loved my EF bands... left them behind when I moved and need to order some more. They are a cheap way to bring another dynamic to your training.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Those bands offer an interesting feeling when you unrack it. Like its trying to kill you the way it sucks you down to the floor. They actually helped my upper back tightness more than anything as odd as that may sound.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Those bands offer an interesting feeling when you unrack it. Like its trying to kill you the way it sucks you down to the floor. They actually helped my upper back tightness more than anything as odd as that may sound.

Doesn't sound odd at all bro. They absolutely force you to tighten everything up and really "stand tall" with good squatting posture. When I first unracked the bar with bands, it about threw me backwards on my butt. Lol, imagine that, a 6'2 255lb'er unracking just the bar and getting thrown on his ass. :))

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Alright, got behind with my workouts due to work, so I crammed dynamic deadlift day in with dynamic bench today.

DL Warmup:

Bar + BMM x 5
135 + BMM x 5
185 + BMM x 3
225 + BMM x 3
225 + Short Orange Band (SOB) x 9 sets of 3

Flat Bench Warmup:

Bar x 8
Bar + BMM x 5
95 + BMM x 5
135 + BMM x 3
135 + SOB x 8 sets of 3
Bar + SOB x 12

That's it. Took a little while, but wasn't too taxing. The dbol is giving me fits though with lower back pumps out of this world. After every DL set I had to sit down. Carried that lower back pump to the bench, so I had some difficulty really arching. Felt really strong today even though I was working really light. Just felt powerful. Gotta love the "ON" feeling.

H

HomeGrown

Oct 30, 2011
I loved my EF bands... left them behind when I moved and need to order some more. They are a cheap way to bring another dynamic to your training.

I agree here I like to use them as reverse bands to assist at the bottom helps my old knees when doing squats

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Alright, got behind with my workouts due to work, so I crammed dynamic deadlift day in with dynamic bench today.

DL Warmup:

Bar + BMM x 5
135 + BMM x 5
185 + BMM x 3
225 + BMM x 3
225 + Short Orange Band (SOB) x 9 sets of 3

Flat Bench Warmup:

Bar x 8
Bar + BMM x 5
95 + BMM x 5
135 + BMM x 3
135 + SOB x 8 sets of 3
Bar + SOB x 12

That's it. Took a little while, but wasn't too taxing. The dbol is giving me fits though with lower back pumps out of this world. After every DL set I had to sit down. Carried that lower back pump to the bench, so I had some difficulty really arching. Felt really strong today even though I was working really light. Just felt powerful. Gotta love the "ON" feeling.

When I was running that dbol at 20mg per day my back pumps were crippling... I started foam rolling my glutes between sets and doing glute stretches and that gave me relief to get thru the next set. This is why when I went thru Sheiko it took me 2 or 2.5 hours to get thru a workout. I would spend a couple minutes rolling my glutes out. I used to find some relief in benching after squats or deads though. Anyway, try rolling out between sets.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Is it weird that I feel like my shoulders are in jeopardy when I use a foam roller? Maybe I'm doing them all fucked up, but it feels like my shoulders are constantly in a precarious position when rolling.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Is it weird that I feel like my shoulders are in jeopardy when I use a foam roller? Maybe I'm doing them all fucked up, but it feels like my shoulders are constantly in a precarious position when rolling.

I rest on my elbows for that reason rather than prop myself up by my hands.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Max Effort Squat Day:

Warmup:

Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2

Working Sets:

365 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
425 x 1
425 x 1

Overload Working Sets:

455 with reverse BMM bands - 2 sets of 2
495 with reverse BMM bands - 1 set of 2
495 with reverse BMM bands - 1 set of 1

I had a very short amount of time to squeeze this workout into, especially since I would rather have spent 4-5 minutes between sets. As it was, I did all of the above in roughly 45 minutes. Rested an average of 2-3 minutes between working sets, which I'm sure affected my strength, but it still felt like a damn good workout and I felt really strong. I'm sitting just a hair under 260 right now. Most of the weight gained is water and glycogen retention, but holy shit people won't shut up about how "big" I look. I really wish I had gotten some before pictures, but it's too late for that now. It's been 15 days since I started, so I'll get some pics here really soon and then again at the end.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic