Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Wrong about diets

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
A good post Tex. Thank you for posting it. It’s useful for all readers.
A couple comments; carbs (not simply glucose / “simple carbs”) come in many forms — some natural and others anything but natural. ALL carbs (dextrose, sucrose, fructose, etc….) go through various conversion processes eventually making glucose. The various substrates have differing actions though.
Far more in-depth than “simple carbs” and “complex carbs.” And far more in-depth than simply low and high glycemic.
The amount and rate at which insulin rises and falls varies RADICALLY!
And in the state of health (lack of health) that most Americans are in; insulin resistant / pre-diabetic and diabetic, along with the common frequency of consumption from morning into evening — insulin levels seldom drop into a normal range for the avg American.

Also, ancestrally, carbs aren’t much of a species appropriate macro. They aren’t common in nature (basically they weren’t globally available, and they were seasonal). What is common are fats (most abundantly saturated) and protein.
Being that carbs are technically a non-essential macro nutrient —non essential because we don’t have to exogenously ingest them to produce our body’s minimum need (because of processes like gluconeogenesis),an animal based diet (example: beef, fish, organs) is the most natural / species appropriate way of nourishment.
Excessive carb consumption came about only in fairly recent history. To the extent (and types) consumed, it’s highly unnatural.

So far as Fung as an “expert,” in a certain respect he is. He’s a nephrologist (as you’re aware) treating metabolic conditions daily in his practice, primarily via nutrition. Has written books on diet and nutrition and fasting, and a diligent researcher of nutrition and metabolic studies, etc. He qualifies as an “expert” of sorts.

Carbs can be / are a tool for various specific uses, but their consumption isn’t optimal for overall health. Sports supplements are another example of the same principle; effective as tools for various goals / uses, but not a true natural contributor to overall health.

Sorry for misspellings / grammar mistakes. Typing thoughts quickly on my phone between sets at gym!

Many of our ancestors lived in environments where fruit and starchy sources were plentiful and year round. Not all of us are descendants of the Inuit. Hunter gatherer tribes seem pretty fit to me. Pretty active peoples.

I agree that your DNA does affect how well you tolerate certain foods.

While we're on the topic, have you seen the Inuits? Kind of chubby little fellows for eating very few, if any, carbohydrates. Would their diet be considered carnivore? Lots of caribou if I recall.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Many of our ancestors lived in environments where fruit and starchy sources were plentiful and year round. Not all of us are descendants of the Inuit. Hunter gatherer tribes seem pretty fit to me. Pretty active peoples.

I agree that your DNA does affect how well you tolerate certain foods.

While we're on the topic, have you seen the Inuits? Kind of chubby little fellows for eating very few, if any, carbohydrates. Would their diet be considered carnivore? Lots of caribou if I recall.

Yes I’ve seen the Inuit. Have you seen the Hadza?
The foods you mentioned were seasonal, and not universally available to all populations.
Though we’re capable / adapted to ingest carb foods, our digestive systems aren’t optimized for them.
Also, many of today’s vegetation is manmade (hybrid) fiction versions of their original counterparts. And all packaged and processed carbs are unnatural.
Also, the vast majority of plant foods (seeds, legumes, beans, etc) have varying levels of natural produced insecticides along with (even “organic”) synthetic contaminated insecticides.

“But beef is full of fake crap too!” It is, to some extent — however, unlike plants animal foods have detox systems to aid in ridding much of the contaminants.
“Ok but what about their organs… liver, kidneys, etc that are their toxin filters?”
Those organs are excretion organs — not storage organs. They pass along the bulk of toxins from what they’ve ingested

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
Yes I’ve seen the Inuit. Have you seen the Hadza?
The foods you mentioned were seasonal, and not universally available to all populations.
Though we’re capable / adapted to ingest carb foods, our digestive systems aren’t optimized for them.
Also, many of today’s vegetation is manmade (hybrid) fiction versions of their original counterparts. And all packaged and processed carbs are unnatural.
Also, the vast majority of plant foods (seeds, legumes, beans, etc) have varying levels of natural produced insecticides along with (even “organic”) synthetic contaminated insecticides.

“But beef is full of fake crap too!” It is, to some extent — however, unlike plants animal foods have detox systems to aid in ridding much of the contaminants.
“Ok but what about their organs… liver, kidneys, etc that are their toxin filters?”
Those organs are excretion organs — not storage organs. They pass along the bulk of toxins from what they’ve ingested

I love liver!!! I eat 6 ounces every week.

All I'm saying is that there are many different diets, macro combos, to gain or lose weight. It's not only low carbohydrate.

I've pointed out the low carb inuit as an example of carnivore diet followers that are fat, while you're very fit. Both end of the spectrum following similar macros.

I've also pointed out vegans, including natural bodybuilders, triathletes, Olympic athletes, as people who can be lean on high carbohydrate diets. Of course there's plenty of fstsos on high carb diets as well.

And I have to point out that the amount of meat we eat in the US and some developed countries is a luxury of affluence. The vast majority of the World's peoples don't eat high protein meat based diets, in fact they eat the exact opposite. Low protein and higher carbohydrate to fill their energy needs.

So unless you are willing to claim that the vast majority of people on Earth are fat, we should agree that there are many different macro combinations that can be consumed to be either lean or fat.

So maybe it isn't the macros after all, unless the world we know it is an illusion.

Reactions: SAD
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I love liver!!! I eat 6 ounces every week.

All I'm saying is that there are many different diets, macro combos, to gain or lose weight. It's not only low carbohydrate.

I've pointed out the low carb inuit as an example of carnivore diet followers that are fat, while you're very fit. Both end of the spectrum following similar macros.

I've also pointed out vegans, including natural bodybuilders, triathletes, Olympic athletes, as people who can be lean on high carbohydrate diets. Of course there's plenty of fstsos on high carb diets as well.

And I have to point out that the amount of meat we eat in the US and some developed countries is a luxury of affluence. The vast majority of the World's peoples don't eat high protein meat based diets, in fact they eat the exact opposite. Low protein and higher carbohydrate to fill their energy needs.

So unless you are willing to claim that the vast majority of people on Earth are fat, we should agree that there are many different macro combinations that can be consumed to be either lean or fat.

So maybe it isn't the macros after all, unless the world we know it is an illusion.

In fact, much of “the world” contrary to much indoctrination, is more of an illusion.
Generally, the countries who consume the most meat per capita, have not only the longer life expectancy rates, but also what’s known as “healthy life expectancy” (HLE)— the avg year of age before developing a chronic disease condition.

Yes, performance and lean composition can be and are achieved on carb and plant based diets, but they aren’t the most optimal for overall health and longevity (HLE).

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Ah, I didn't know that. He should have been able to eat anything and be lean and muscular then.
With the amount he trained, the amount of peds he used, and the amount of protein he consumed — yea, he could get away with murder so far as composition while consuming a lot of shit— but obviously it wasn’t healthy.

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
In fact, much of “the world” contrary to much indoctrination, is more of an illusion.
Generally, the countries who consume the most meat per capita, have not only the longer life expectancy rates, but also what’s known as “healthy life expectancy” (HLE)— the avg year of age before developing a chronic disease condition.

Yes, performance and lean composition can be and are achieved on carb and plant based diets, but they aren’t the most optimal for overall health and longevity (HLE).

They also tend to have the medicine and health care systems. Correlations don't equal causation.

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
With the amount he trained, the amount of peds he used, and the amount of protein he consumed — yea, he could get away with murder so far as composition while consuming a lot of shit— but obviously it wasn’t healthy.

Don't we all know plenty of fat people on PEDs?

Let's not assume all who take PEDs are shredded monsters. We know that that isn't true.

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
I'm gonna tap out of the rest of this one. If countless examples that contradict your claims can't sway you, nothing else I can say can.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I'm gonna tap out of the rest of this one. If countless examples that contradict your claims can't sway you, nothing else I can say can.

What possible reason/s do you have for evening wanting to attempt refuting truth?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
What possible reason/s do you have for evening wanting to attempt refuting truth?

This is what Im trying to figure out. We have both given multiple examples of what we are saying actually working. Plus videos from Drs. agreeing with us. What is with this new religious cult?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic